What's Spinning

#1579-1580

Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up
Two Niles To Sing A Melody

Had to use Eddie Hazel over the awful front cover. This was the first Scream album I got into "live" and I remember the rush of finding this second hand in a shop quite a few years ago for only a few quid. Shame you don't tend to find such reasonable deals much these days. And a wonderful compilation from Ostinato on Sudanese music.

20210517_120653.jpg

20210516_143116.jpg

#1579-1580

Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up
Two Niles To Sing A Melody

Had to use Eddie Hazel over the awful front cover. This was the first Scream album I got into "live" and I remember the rush of finding this second hand in a shop quite a few years ago for only a few quid. Shame you don't tend to find such reasonable deals much these days. And a wonderful compilation from Ostinato on Sudanese music.

View attachment 99623

View attachment 99624

Have you got the Memphis tapes version of that scream one. As good as some of the songs on that one are I always found the extreme 90s production a bit hard to listen to. The original tapes from the sessions in Memphis I really did love though!

Have you got the Memphis tapes version of that scream one. As good as some of the songs on that one are I always found the extreme 90s production a bit hard to listen to. The original tapes from the sessions in Memphis I really did love though!
I haven't got it on wax but I stream it a fair bit. The original is as much a nostalgia thing for me as anything. I'll have another play of Memphis though to see if I should get it on vinyl 👍

I haven't got it on wax but I stream it a fair bit. The original is as much a nostalgia thing for me as anything. I'll have another play of Memphis though to see if I should get it on vinyl 👍
There was also a pretty good documentary about the recording of the album that was on the BBC when the Memphis Sessions was released. It could be on Youtube, but I can't remember what it was called.

Back