What's Spinning

It was such a great venue. One of my favorite all time shows (Pharoah Sanders -- and gosh I wish I knew who the bass player was at that gif) and so many others. I was bummed when it shut down.

When I was there I could really see that they were trying to do too many things. They didn’t really invest in developing an area (recording studio & label & live streaming shows) well.

Khemmis - Hunted [322/344]
N&G RotM
Silver/White merge Vinyl

View attachment 60464

This album just fucking rips, man. It also makes it painfully evident I need to upgrade my phono stage (and thereby my TT) as the presence of the highs are cut off drastically from where they should be.

Their cover of Alice In Chains is pretty good too...

From the cover album compilation releasing in September...

I’m am now on to a band called PAWS from Scotland. I can just tell this is away to lead me down a rabbit hole of local and Scottish bands. I’d be surprised on here but has anyone ever heard of project ven hell, copy haho, fickle public, danananananakroyd?

BD808F71-B738-43BB-9EA4-C8C14E218A6B.jpeg

Sun Ra And His Outer Space Arkestra - Celestial Love (Modern Harmonic, 2020 VMP Exclusive on Orange Vinyl)

Pleasantly surprised by this release. Its on the more mild spectrum of Sun Ra's music but overall a fantastic session and didn't cost a fortune like the OG would!

IMG_0775.JPG

The Twilight Sad - It Won’t Be Like This All The Time
Seems quite appropriate for these strange times :oops:

1853583E-FA0B-4D7D-A01F-2A8DA99CA7DB.jpeg

edit to say this album is fantastic and this pressing sounds great. I’m a total TTS fan boy so I’m obviously biased but it really is great. For fans of the cure and post punk for the 21st century.

Last edited:
Max Richter ‎– Recomposed By Max Richter: Vivaldi - The Four Seasons
Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 479 3337, 2012/2014

Cut and Pressed at Optimal

SgQ2fG.jpg

zodtXR.jpg

Oscar Peterson - Vol. II Girl Talk (MPS, 1971 First UK Pressing)

One of four of the pianists best albums IMO. There's a great story to these releases. In the 1960’s Peterson began to form a strong friendship with the German record producer Hans Georg Brunner-Schwer. In 1963 they decided to embark on an adventurous series of intimate live recordings at Brunner-Schwer’s state-of-the-art recording studio, located in his home. Peterson personally selected a small number of die-hard fans to sit in on the sessions and around 60 tracks were recorded over a few sessions. Because Peterson was contracted to Verve at the time, they had to sit on the tapes for a few years before they could be legally released. Because of the laid back nature of the sessions Peterson was free to play what he wanted and as a result they are just stunning tracks.

IMG_0778.JPG

Back