What's Going On Up There- The Headphone Thread

New headphone setup in the house.

Driving the family a little crazy with the music being on all day, everyday, as I work from home. Another headphone setup it is.

Picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD660S2’s and a HDVA 600 to pair it with. I’m running XLR out of my Luxman D-03x to the 600 and using a balanced cable to the 660S2’s.

Straight out of the boxes, all sounds fantastic.IMG_0521.jpegIMG_0523.jpeg

New headphone setup in the house.

Driving the family a little crazy with the music being on all day, everyday, as I work from home. Another headphone setup it is.

Picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD660S2’s and a HDVA 600 to pair it with. I’m running XLR out of my Luxman D-03x to the 600 and using a balanced cable to the 660S2’s.

Straight out of the boxes, all sounds fantastic.View attachment 193173View attachment 193175
I’ve been eyeing those 660s2 for a while. I saw some good sales on them but was able to resist. I really don’t need anymore headphones.

Do you have any thoughts on the 660s2 vs the 660s, 650/6xx or 600?

Also, that amp…very nice.

If you were to spend say $200 on IEMs and a dongle DAC where would you go?

If you were to spend say $200 on IEMs and a dongle DAC where would you go?
Apple dongle DACs are pretty good and up to the task for many IEMs. I own an Earmen Eagle that’s in the $100 range. It’s a solid device. I use it with Meze 99 and 109 Pro and BeyerDynamic DT177X.

As for IEMs, I have a set of Moondrop Arias. They sound very good, fit is OK, but I don’t use them that much.

Last edited:
Back