Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

(Mahogany also available as open-box.)
Really wish I hadn't missed the old open box prices! You're saving only $99 here with the open box now vs buying the pair of speakers with stands new.

Really wish I hadn't missed the old open box prices! You're saving only $99 here with the open box now vs buying the pair of speakers with stands new.
You young whippersnappers, why, I remember when an ice cold bottle of Coca Cola cost one shiny nickel.

(Mahogany also available as open-box.)
Looking at the listing it’s 15%off. Open box used to be 20%, did they change, or is it just this one?

I think I heard they where doing a couple models. Old Henry Kloss fan here.
KLH Audio makes three floorstanding speakers 🔊 Concord, Kendall and the Model Five
I want the Model 5. They look so cool. No idea what they sound like though.
Me neither but the reviews are glowing ✨
Daft question, but has anyone compared the KLH Model 5's against the Lintons? They are $1,000 dollary do's more than the Lintons, and while I don't suspect they are a third better, I'm intrigued enough to think about it.
Andrew Robinson did an A/B comparison and the Wharfedale Linton heritage speakers won 🏆albeit by a narrow margin.

I'm strongly considering the Model Five as I can get a pair for cheaper than the Lintons. I like the three-way acoustic suspension design and how the revived Model Five pays tribute to the original speakers from the cabinet dimensions right down to the vintage-looking grille.

KLH Audio makes three floorstanding speakers 🔊 Concord, Kendall and the Model Five

Me neither but the reviews are glowing ✨

Andrew Robinson did an A/B comparison and the Wharfedale Linton heritage speakers won 🏆albeit by a narrow margin.

I'm strongly considering the Model Five as I can get a pair for cheaper than the Lintons. I like the three-way acoustic suspension design and how the revived Model Five pays tribute to the original speakers from the cabinet dimensions right down to the vintage-looking grille.
The five’s were an extra $1,000 dollars-do’s over here, so it needed to be a significant improvement to justify it. Loving the Lintons so far, so I don’t think I’m worried. Andrew’s review is in my YouTube backlog.

The five’s were an extra $1,000 dollars-do’s over here, so it needed to be a significant improvement to justify it. Loving the Lintons so far, so I don’t think I’m worried. Andrew’s review is in my YouTube backlog.
The Model Five retails for $2990 + tax, which includes the stands, here in Canada 🇨🇦 vs. $1999 for the Lintons plus an extra $699 for the stands but I can currently get the former for $2499 plus free delivery 😀

Last edited:
The Model Five retails for $2999 + tax, which includes the stands, here in Canada 🇨🇦 vs. $1999 for the Lintons plus an extra $700 for the stands but I can currently get the former for $2499 plus free delivery 😀

Another shout out to Jason?

Given the reviews both are really worthy speakers but they all tend to reinforce the feeling that I made the right choice, for me, with the Linton’s given I prefer a warmer presentation!

Another shout out to Jason?

Given the reviews both are really worthy speakers but they all tend to reinforce the feeling that I made the right choice, for me, with the Linton’s given I prefer a warmer presentation!
Actually no these would not be through my friend Jason. He doesn't carry the KLH brand unfortunately.

I would consider the Lintons if the right deal came along so as long as they are in a walnut finish 😉

Actually no these would not be through my friend Jason. He doesn't carry the KLH brand unfortunately.

I would consider the Lintons if the right deal came along so as long as they are in a walnut finish 😉

Yeah same, I wouldn’t have gone for the mahogany or the new black oak either. A natural or light oak, now that would be another matter altogether!

Last edited:
The Model Five retails for $2999 + tax, which includes the stands, here in Canada 🇨🇦 vs. $1999 for the Lintons plus an extra $700 for the stands but I can currently get the former for $2499 plus free delivery 😀
Similar prices in dollary-do’s for the Lintons, although I think they might have gone up in price a bit since I got mine.

Back