Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Still says that! Also got 3 pairs of white gloves and a spare set of rubber doodads, which is handy...

Yeah totally! I’ll be looking out for Melbournes premier mime trio! Or perhaps you could get into snooker refereeing now…

You put the little dots on the top of the stands to protect the speaker and isolate them a little from the stands.

Yeah totally! I’ll be looking out for Melbournes premier mime trio! Or perhaps you could get into snooker refereeing now…

You put the little dots on the top of the stands to protect the speaker and isolate them a little from the stands.
So, did you just do 4 on each stand, or did you use them all?

I actually use those gloves if I have an eczema flair up, so they're handy! Boom-tish.

So, did you just do 4 on each stand, or did you use them all?

I actually use those gloves if I have an eczema flair up, so they're handy! Boom-tish.

There were only 8 total with mine so that’s all I used but you don’t need more as such. It think if it was me I’d just use four on each and keep a set spare in case move/get lost but I don’t think there is a wrong or right. I just put them on top of the 4 screws toward the corners.

Guys, talk to me about booming bass.

I don't know if I have this. My bass seems loud, but I think it's defined rather than being a mush. I do think I might try plugging a port to see the difference. I think I'm about as far out as I can get them from the wall, about 50cm from the front of the speaker. If I was to plug one of the rear ports is a sock the best option?

What should I be looking for in terms of booming bass?

Got the music direct catalog in the mail yesterday…says they’re coming in black now too 👍🏻
Yea this was how I found out that they raised the prices haha. I was constantly looking on MD for open box and saw black oak ones which seemed new. Then I noticed the open box price was higher.

I don't know if I have this. My bass seems loud, but I think it's defined rather than being a mush. I do think I might try plugging a port to see the difference. I think I'm about as far out as I can get them from the wall, about 50cm from the front of the speaker. If I was to plug one of the rear ports is a sock the best option?

From what others have said pull them out from the back wall first if you can. Do you have tone controls on your amp/pre ?

Do you want booming bass? The bass on these is pretty fast, which I like. It definitely "booms" on the right pressing without being muddy. If you want more booming, move them closer to the wall. If you want less, move them out.

I set mine up over the weekend. What was i supposed to do with those little black rubber dots? I couldn’t find any actual information in the manual or online.

I set mine up over the weekend. What was i supposed to do with those little black rubber dots? I couldn’t find any actual information in the manual or online.
Did you get the stands? They go on the corners of the top of the stands. Speakers rest on them.

Back