Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Arcade cabinet! You'll be competing with @Mather's murder dungeon/man cave!

EDIT: joking aside, I'd love an "after" video once the room is full and if you move anything about. Really interesting to hear them straight out the box.
I will keep posting updates. It will be a few months before I can get it to resemble my last man cave. I just couldn’t wait to set these up. I don’t even have a bed in my house yet.

But, Imagine an upgraded version of this!

0E16D971-DA04-4AD8-B774-6BADC2775A8C.jpeg

View attachment 106023

to be a little more more fair :) , I had them on home demo for 3 weeks, just decided on something else more suited to my tastes (vintage Klipsch Heritage). But I redily support anyone going in on them like @Ghost @Crabbers , etc great value in new! If it's ok to ask here btw, has anyone gotten a listen to the new KLH reissues yet ?

I will keep posting updates. It will be a few months before I can get it to resemble my last man cave. I just couldn’t wait to set these up. I don’t even have a bed in my house yet.

But, Imagine an upgraded version of this!

View attachment 106476
From a UTurn and powered speakers is a huge jump to where you are now.

Of course the point where he’s going to stack em against the Lintons and he’s like “never heard those, can’t help ya 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’d be interested in hearing the 5s. They look good. But KLH and the current models aren’t the original Henry Kloss speakers.

I’m a big fan of the original Kloss designs, be they AR, Advent or KLH. I had and loved a pair of Large Advents that I bought used from the then service manager of Conrad Johnson. These were probably 1977 vintage or so. I bought them in the mid 1980s.

In the mid 1980s, Advent changed hands and ended up under the Jensen corporate umbrella. The dealer I worked for at the time carried Advent. They updated both the Large and Small Advents. Lots of people bought them, but they weren’t very good.

The same dealer used KLH as a loss leader. We advertised KLH bookshelf speakers for $39. They were junk and nobody ever bought them. In all fairness, KLH is now owned by a different company and the quality appears to be infinitely better.

looks like someone already made a vid on this.

I've seen this before and I think the same thing applies to speakers as cartridges in that if they are in the same price bracket, unless your talking unknown manufacturer and complete crap, it all boils down to personal preference............not to mention, the other pieces of gear in your setup. At least this guy made that statement while kind of basing it on the type of music you listen to.

I know little about speaker spacing. What is the "semi-recommended" distance from the wall? I understand this is very relative to the space, etc - - but, any average?

Back