Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Review

Getting them one at a time means that you can evaluate what that component brings…which is nice too.

That's true too. I am only using a kenwood stereo that is a do it all from the early 2000's I'm guessing so it probably would be better to upgrade that first but @HiFi Guy and everyone's love of these makes it easy to buy into the hype

I have enough saved where I could get these but I think I might continue to wait. I really want to get these and the Primaluna evo 100 all at the same time

They really do play well with PrimaLuna. What I will say is that they aren’t very picky and when I was having some issues back in January that necessitated switching my old Sony integrated for a month they played very nicely and still sounded very good indeed!

That's true too. I am only using a kenwood stereo that is a do it all from the early 2000's I'm guessing so it probably would be better to upgrade that first but @HiFi Guy and everyone's love of these makes it easy to buy into the hype
I think we’ve only had one person that didn’t like them. That’s ok. You can’t please everyone.

I think we’ve only had one person that didn’t like them. That’s ok. You can’t please everyone.
1626640961567.png

to be a little more more fair :) , I had them on home demo for 3 weeks, just decided on something else more suited to my tastes (vintage Klipsch Heritage). But I redily support anyone going in on them like @Ghost @Crabbers , etc great value in new! If it's ok to ask here btw, has anyone gotten a listen to the new KLH reissues yet ?

Last edited:
View attachment 106023

to be a little more more fair :) , I had them on home demo for 3 weeks, just decided on something else more suited to my tastes. But I redily support anyone going in on them like @Ghost @Crabbers , etc great value in new! If it's ok to ask here btw, has anyone gotten a listen to the new KLH reissues yet ?
I haven’t. They sure do look nice though.

View attachment 106023

to be a little more more fair :) , I had them on home demo for 3 weeks, just decided on something else more suited to my tastes. But I redily support anyone going in on them like @Ghost @Crabbers , etc great value in new! If it's ok to ask here btw, has anyone gotten a listen to the new KLH reissues yet ?
The Model 5?

They'll get better too once they break in
100+ hours to break in, experiment with slight toe in and bringing them out from the back wall (if bass is boomy) a bit at equal distance from the back wall. Create a listening triangle to your listening seat.

That's a "very" lively room you have, sounds like you have a drum set in the room! : ) but if reflections are a problem I would look at some basic room treatment and or more furniture at some point. You want the imaging of the recording when you close your eyes to be stable.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
100+ hours to break in, experiment with slight toe in and bringing them out from the back wall (if bass is boomy) a bit at equal distance from the back wall. Create a listening triangle to your listening seat.

That's a "very" lively room you have, sounds like you have a drum set in the room! : ) but if reflections are a problem I would look at some basic room treatment and or more furniture at some point. You want the imaging of the recording when you close your eyes to be stable.

Enjoy!
Thanks!

Right now, it's an empty room as I just moved in. Super echo-y! Once I get 2000 records and some other stuff in there, it should dampen quite a bit.

Back