Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hi! I was (always) the drummer and (sometimes) the head worrier for the Presidents of the United States of America....remember us? I'm not currently a vinyl-head, but EVERYONE in my age/friend group is getting back into it so ask again in a year! It's the new "my kid left for college" hobby in my world!

OK, I'm mainly here to promote that we've just launched a Kickstarter for a proper vinyl issue of our debut album (we call it "the popular one")...BUT if it's a dick move to promote stuff here, mods please take this down! If it's OK to promote stuff here, I'll post again with all the links and yada yada....

OK! xo Jason

Question: Why do you all want me to be poor?

Jokes aside, welcome to our groovy little corner of heaven/hell! 😁

Hi! I was (always) the drummer and (sometimes) the head worrier for the Presidents of the United States of America....remember us? I'm not currently a vinyl-head, but EVERYONE in my age/friend group is getting back into it so ask again in a year! It's the new "my kid left for college" hobby in my world!

OK, I'm mainly here to promote that we've just launched a Kickstarter for a proper vinyl issue of our debut album (we call it "the popular one")...BUT if it's a dick move to promote stuff here, mods please take this down! If it's OK to promote stuff here, I'll post again with all the links and yada yada....

OK! xo Jason

This is awesome. Saw a post about the Kickstarter yesterday on Reddit. The PUSA S/T is an excellent album. Happy to see the ground swell of support for this. You guys hit your goal FAST. A couple questions:

1) How did you find us? I feel like the N&G board is such a small little corner of the Internet. (We're happy to have you. I'm just curious)
2) I remember seeing an MTV News segment back in the late 90s about some collaboration you guys were doing with Sir Mix-a-Lot? Did anything ever come of this, or was Kurt Loder lying to me?

Hey @ranbalam - don't you have a drummers thread? You all should chat all things drums in there!!

I do!
@PUSA - There hasn't been much action there lately, but please feel free to join us!

Thanks for the shout @Teeeee !

This is awesome. Saw a post about the Kickstarter yesterday on Reddit. The PUSA S/T is an excellent album. Happy to see the ground swell of support for this. You guys hit your goal FAST. A couple questions:

1) How did you find us? I feel like the N&G board is such a small little corner of the Internet. (We're happy to have you. I'm just curious)
2) I remember seeing an MTV News segment back in the late 90s about some collaboration you guys were doing with Sir Mix-a-Lot? Did anything ever come of this, or was Kurt Loder lying to me?

The collaboration was called Subset

Hello, new to the club. Been collecting/listening to vinyl since high school in the 90's and always wanted to release a record. I checked that off the bucket list and just put out a 7" for a few friends who recorded in the early 2000's but never released anything. They were called The Black Panties. Killer rock 'n' roll in the Supersuckers/RFTC/Mudhoney style. Kurt Bloch (Fastbacks/Young Fresh Fellows recorded and produced and Andrew McKeag was in this band just before he joined the Presidents of the USA.

100 on clear splatter and 200 on black. Super happy with how it turned out! If you're interested in hearing the songs or buying one you can check it out here- Let Down / Knockout, by The Black Panties

Attachments

• CA32B2E8-F51A-436E-B995-9728B80AB023.jpg
    CA32B2E8-F51A-436E-B995-9728B80AB023.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 1
Mix/Presidents was a real thing called Subset for about a year in Seattle in the early 2000's. Here's a link to one of their songs. I was at the show in the photos. It was pretty amazing.-

This is pretty tight. Kinda wish they would've made a studio EP or something.

Hello.. Name is Scott and just a quick intro.. Recently like a lot of people got back into vinyl after selling all that stuff years ago.. Who new the resurgence would happen?
Live in Michigan and fortune would have it that one of the best record stores in the state if not country is only 10min from my house!! They have over 60,000 LP's in stock and vintage equipment to boot.. Very happt to be part of the forum and look forward to conversing.. BTW, @PUSA my wife is a huge fan and has the first 2 albums you put out on cassette in the basement :)
Peace all! Scott

Hello.. Name is Scott and just a quick intro.. Recently like a lot of people got back into vinyl after selling all that stuff years ago.. Who new the resurgence would happen?
Live in Michigan and fortune would have it that one of the best record stores in the state if not country is only 10min from my house!! They have over 60,000 LP's in stock and vintage equipment to boot.. Very happt to be part of the forum and look forward to conversing.. BTW, @PUSA my wife is a huge fan and has the first 2 albums you put out on cassette in the basement :)
Peace all! Scott

Glad to have you. Well, c'mon man. You can't keep it to yourself... What's the name of the record store? I haven't been there, but you never know when life may take you to Michigan!

This is pretty tight. Kinda wish they would've made a studio EP or something.

I did some PUSA stalking and found this thread, and then I found that someone shared my Subset video. :D I have waited for the Subset record release for over 20 years now. Anyways...there's sorta Subset vinyl out there, and it's a bargain! Check out Discogs:

Hey everyone! I’m coming over from the VMP forums. Due to some life circumstances I had to press the pause button on everything and am just now migrating over. I was actually mid build in my starter set up which I will be looking to finish sometime. So, what did I miss in my time away ;)

Back