Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

Hey folks, long time follower, first time poster. I was a huge fan of this community back when it was under the VMP site and was devastated when they decided to take it down and lost a significant avenue for music discovery. I only recently discovered that the members of the community are still plugging away under a new banner and I’ve been obsessively reading through the posts here to try and catch up on lost time.

I never posted in the VMP forum despite visiting and reading daily for a number of years, and would like to change that here and now. The way I see it, I’ve been getting advice and recommendations from all of you over the years, now it’s time to share.

About me: mid-30s father of three (all of which I’m happy to say are into vinyl to one degree or another), my wife is into it too though more as a sidelines supporter. Living in Ottawa (Canada) where there are mountains of classic rock records in the used bins and not much else, unfortunately. But it makes finding the good stuff all the more rewarding. I’ve been collecting vinyl for about 10 years now and have just north of 400 in my collection. I’m a big fan of jazz, indie, blues, and Motown/Stax era soul...and of course, classic rock too.

Last edited:
Hey folks, long time follower, first time poster. I was a huge fan of this community back when it was under the VMP site and was devastated when they decided to take it down and lost a significant avenue for music discovery. I only recently discovered that the members of the community are still plugging away under a new banner and I’ve been obsessively reading through the posts here to try and catch up on lost time.

I never posted in the VMP forum despite visiting and reading daily for a number of years, and would like to change that here and now. The way I see it, I’ve been getting advice and recommendations from all of you over the years, now it’s time to share.

About me: mid-30s father of three (all of which I’m happy to say are into vinyl to one degree or another), my wife is into it too though more as a sidelines supporter. Living in Ottawa (Canada) where there are mountains of classic rock records in the used bins and not much else, unfortunately. But it makes finding the good stuff all the more rewarding. I’ve been collecting vinyl for about 10 years now and have just north of 400 in my collection. I’m a big fan of jazz, indie, blues, and Motown/Stax era soul...and of course, classic rock too.
Welcome @Maharg , glad you found your way over and very glad to hear your're breaking your silence..........and of course you know you're in good company around here ;)

Long time lurker first time poster and what better place to start?

Name's Tom checking in from Canada (city of Hamilton to be exact) I've been a music fan for as long as I can remember, my first musical love was Hip Hop which I listened mainly to on cassettes because it was cheap and easy and as much as I always wanted to get things on record I just couldn't wrap my head around the inconvenience of it all, boy have things changed!

Pouring over Hip Hop liner notes would lead me to explore where the music came from which lead me to things like funk, soul, jazz, disco and R&B. As I got older I "discovered" indie rock and began to look back at a lot of the music of my youth that I ignored which eventually lead me into record collecting! I had grabbed records here and there but never with any rhyme or reason so I made an effort to actually look for things I liked and would enjoy listening to over and over again!

I still enjoy the thrill of hitting my local shop and taking a chance on something old or new but life always seems to get in the way nowadays so my trips aren't as regular as I'd like but my love of music will never die! I'm looking forward to trying my best to contribute any small part I can to this wonderful community!

Cheers!

Long time lurker first time poster and what better place to start?

Name's Tom checking in from Canada (city of Hamilton to be exact) I've been a music fan for as long as I can remember, my first musical love was Hip Hop which I listened mainly to on cassettes because it was cheap and easy and as much as I always wanted to get things on record I just couldn't wrap my head around the inconvenience of it all, boy have things changed!

Pouring over Hip Hop liner notes would lead me to explore where the music came from which lead me to things like funk, soul, jazz, disco and R&B. As I got older I "discovered" indie rock and began to look back at a lot of the music of my youth that I ignored which eventually lead me into record collecting! I had grabbed records here and there but never with any rhyme or reason so I made an effort to actually look for things I liked and would enjoy listening to over and over again!

I still enjoy the thrill of hitting my local shop and taking a chance on something old or new but life always seems to get in the way nowadays so my trips aren't as regular as I'd like but my love of music will never die! I'm looking forward to trying my best to contribute any small part I can to this wonderful community!

Cheers!
Welcome @4080, happy to see you drop your lurker status ;)

Hi there long time VMP subscriber who stopped my subscription last year but have renewed as I needed Jim Sullivan U.F.O and also needed a subscription to get my mits on The Time For Peace is Now. Sublime!
oh, another Irish!
welcome!!!!
it's going to be fun here.
please have a visit at our Irish forum section, small, very small.
and also look for our very own Irish Vinyl Club (in the Vinyl clubs thread, duh!) Dublin Loves Vinyl

Howdy. Been looking around for awhile but just got the bug to start chatting with everyone. I grew up super into death metal, punk, and hardcore and while I still love that stuff I generally listen to jazz, funk, soul, and other more gentle genres on vinyl at home. Been selling on discogs, eBay, Instagram and ReverbLP (where I used to/still kind of work) for quite some time and hope to get involved with buying/selling/trading here too.

Howdy. Been looking around for awhile but just got the bug to start chatting with everyone. I grew up super into death metal, punk, and hardcore and while I still love that stuff I generally listen to jazz, funk, soul, and other more gentle genres on vinyl at home. Been selling on discogs, eBay, Instagram and ReverbLP (where I used to/still kind of work) for quite some time and hope to get involved with buying/selling/trading here too.
About time. We’ve been waiting for you.

About time. We’ve been waiting for you.

giphy.gif

Hello Everybody! I'm back on the forums again.

After getting an eviction notice from our last home and a few bad encounters with VMP I was reluctant to get back involved here. But here I am, 7 months late to the party.

VMP member since Ben Webster (Dec of 14 I think?), but I have the entire collection of originals starting at Diarrhea Planet. Unabashed Carly Slay Jepsen Fan. Sucker for colored vinyl (which is why I am in this club)

I miss all the forum peeps and have a pile of cash that I haven't spent since there was no Pre-order thread to impulse buy from. RIP my wallet. It's good to be back.

Hello Everybody! I'm back on the forums again.

After getting an eviction notice from our last home and a few bad encounters with VMP I was reluctant to get back involved here. But here I am, 7 months late to the party.

VMP member since Ben Webster (Dec of 14 I think?), but I have the entire collection of originals starting at Diarrhea Planet. Unabashed Carly Slay Jepsen Fan. Sucker for colored vinyl (which is why I am in this club)

I miss all the forum peeps and have a pile of cash that I haven't spent since there was no Pre-order thread to impulse buy from. RIP my wallet. It's good to be back.
YAY! You're back!

And as a CRJ fan, you'll want to come on over here and dive into our pop challenge!!!

YAY! You're back!

And as a CRJ fan, you'll want to come on over here and dive into our pop challenge!!!
Done

Back