Welcome - Introduce Yourself Here

I just sort of stumbled upon this site while googling for Sleater-Kinney (Janet leaving) chatter. I like that this seems like a more modern take on the Steve Hoffman boards... but I see lots of references to the passing of the VMP forums, was this meant as a replacement for that or what's the raison d'être?

I just sort of stumbled upon this site while googling for Sleater-Kinney (Janet leaving) chatter. I like that this seems like a more modern take on the Steve Hoffman boards... but I see lots of references to the passing of the VMP forums, was this meant as a replacement for that or what's the raison d'être?
VMP abruptly killed their forum, so the wonderful mods and members there created this forum in less than two days to give everyone a home.

Edit: see here.

Welcome to our forum! Glad you found us!

Hey everyone! Tom here, out of Minnesota.

Started collecting when I inherited 300+ records after my dad passed - mostly classic rock stuff, sat in our basement while I was growing up and I never knew how dope it was! Since then I've expanded to my own personal collection closing in on another 300 - I collect a lot of film soundtracks, mainly whatever I loved watching growing up, including a nearly complete Bond collection. And my jazz collection is slowly taking shape.

I'm always on the hunt for complete discographies of bands I love, I'm a sucker for a cool box set - currently have Rammstein - XXI, A Decade of Dio, Helloween - Starlight, Queen Studio Collection as well as some video game sets like Okami, Destiny, and DOOM. Otherwise I'm just looking to round out collections of a couple bands I really like - R.E.M, Mastodon, The Sword, Baroness, Ghost, and Opeth. And anxiously awaiting any info on a Tool set (always seems to be one year away!).

Started collecting when I inherited 300+ records after my dad passed - mostly classic rock stuff, sat in our basement while I was growing up and I never knew how dope it was! Since then I've expanded to my own personal collection closing in on another 300 - I collect a lot of film soundtracks, mainly whatever I loved watching growing up, including a nearly complete Bond collection. And my jazz collection is slowly taking shape.

I'm always on the hunt for complete discographies of bands I love, I'm a sucker for a cool box set - currently have Rammstein - XXI, A Decade of Dio, Helloween - Starlight, Queen Studio Collection as well as some video game sets like Okami, Destiny, and DOOM. Otherwise I'm just looking to round out collections of a couple bands I really like - R.E.M, Mastodon, The Sword, Baroness, Ghost, and Opeth. And anxiously awaiting any info on a Tool set (always seems to be one year away!).
Wow your music taste ticks a lot of boxes. Nice to have you on here buddy!

Welcome Tom..........................I love that Rammstein Box set!

Hi, I’m Kev from London. I’ve been an on off member of vmp since donuts, and was (mainly a lurker) on the old boards, though occasional contributor mainly to the hip hop guess and electronic/hip hop threads. Love anything with a good beat, seem to be getting a lot of 45s at the moment from colemine, mushi 45 and the like. My partner and I are saving at the moment, but I’m lucky to have a ‘vinyl budget’, but I think I’m going to have to watch the us imports and postage and probably drop vmp. Kind of makes me sad, but the way things are going I guess it could be worse. Anyway, if I’m not always vocal I appreciate that a forum like this exists, so thanks for moving it so short notice.

Hi there,

my name is Hannes and I'm a 38 year old countryside boy from Austria. More than a decade ago I used to be a hobby DJ (meaning a real Disc-Jockey with 2 turntables and a mixer and not a computer boy playing some crappy MP3s), focussing on HipHop and Funk/Soul. Back than, while living in the U.S. for a few years I started collecting Funk/Soul 45's and HipHop records. However, due to personal reasons I got completely out of the game more than 10 years ago, sold all my equipment and 98% of my record collection.

But, thanks to a happy turn, about a year ago I was able to fulfill myself a live-long dream and got myself a high-end stereo system, which, of course, also contains a record player. Over the years my musical taste has changed quite a bit, so right now, most of the music I listen to is older then myself, and focussing on Blues, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Classic Rock.

I'm not the typical forum guy, meaning I won't be that active due to limited time, however from time to time I'll stop by here, ask some questions and try to help out whereever it's possible. I found my way over here due to joining VMP Classics half a year ago, and looking for a place to get in touch with similar minded people.

Happy collecting and listening to y'all!

Hi there,

my name is Hannes and I'm a 38 year old countryside boy from Austria. More than a decade ago I used to be a hobby DJ (meaning a real Disc-Jockey with 2 turntables and a mixer and not a computer boy playing some crappy MP3s), focussing on HipHop and Funk/Soul. Back than, while living in the U.S. for a few years I started collecting Funk/Soul 45's and HipHop records. However, due to personal reasons I got completely out of the game more than 10 years ago, sold all my equipment and 98% of my record collection.

But, thanks to a happy turn, about a year ago I was able to fulfill myself a live-long dream and got myself a high-end stereo system, which, of course, also contains a record player. Over the years my musical taste has changed quite a bit, so right now, most of the music I listen to is older then myself, and focussing on Blues, Jazz, Latin Jazz and Classic Rock.

I'm not the typical forum guy, meaning I won't be that active due to limited time, however from time to time I'll stop by here, ask some questions and try to help out whereever it's possible. I found my way over here due to joining VMP Classics half a year ago, and looking for a place to get in touch with similar minded people.

Welcome! There's lot of good people around here. Ask whichever questions you have and join our discussions, I'm sure you'll have a good time. I hope to see you around in the future.

Hi there,

Welcome @papaharzi , glad you found your way over here from the old place. You should find yourself in good company ;)

Back