Wax Buyers Club

And pressing deadline went from 12 to 18 weeks, without notice. Well, let's go for a few days of stress to know if we will have the vinyl for October, November and December on time.

The good thing is that every time you think it can't be worse, they go above and beyond.

Well. I must share this with you. 99% of my customers are great, and it is always a pleasure to talk with them, give answers to their questions and solve the problem if there is one.

I received an email a few days ago about vinyl ordered from the shop in January 2020. So there is a little while. In the space of a few lines, I read that the vinyl offered in our store were badly pressed, from bad sources, that Japanese CDs were of much better quality, and that nothing beats the original presses.

Okay.

Then, after being qualified as a crook, the client explained to me that on his € 50,000 hi-fi system, the quality had to be perfect.

Well.

So I went to see what he had ordered. A €17 Zappa record in pressed at Pallas. And another vinyl from Sony Rollins, at 12 € which one might think the pressing is questionable.

It happens that I check, whenever I have a doubt (often on vinyls at very low cost), if the pressing is correct for the price. Most often on discogs. Zappa's record, I own it and I listen to it often.

Oh none of these 2 discs is perfect, or even comes close to AS Series or others. But I do not believe that I have deceived anyone.

So I took the time to answer him politely, trying to be a teacher. It was not easy!

Well. I must share this with you. 99% of my customers are great, and it is always a pleasure to talk with them, give answers to their questions and solve the problem if there is one.

I received an email a few days ago about vinyl ordered from the shop in January 2020. So there is a little while. In the space of a few lines, I read that the vinyl offered in our store were badly pressed, from bad sources, that Japanese CDs were of much better quality, and that nothing beats the original presses.

Okay.

Then, after being qualified as a crook, the client explained to me that on his € 50,000 hi-fi system, the quality had to be perfect.

Well.

So I went to see what he had ordered. A €17 Zappa record in pressed at Pallas. And another vinyl from Sony Rollins, at 12 € which one might think the pressing is questionable.

It happens that I check, whenever I have a doubt (often on vinyls at very low cost), if the pressing is correct for the price. Most often on discogs. Zappa's record, I own it and I listen to it often.

Oh none of these 2 discs is perfect, or even comes close to AS Series or others. But I do not believe that I have deceived anyone.

So I took the time to answer him politely, trying to be a teacher. It was not easy!

So he spent 50k€ in his system to play cheap grey reissues?

Hi!

Some pretty cool Jazz Album in July, A very good psyched pop LP in August and September will be fat & funky with an 2009 album that has never been made on vinyl!
Seriously : September will be one of our best release ever. But well, I’m very excited about July and August.
And because pressing plant are messed up, I’ve now 2 ROTM for November. 😂

Oh would love to see Beat Assaillant. Would be happy with Hard Twelve or Imperial Pressure. They were one of the best French live band I've seen.

Oh would love to see Beat Assaillant. Would be happy with Hard Twelve or Imperial Pressure. They were one of the best French live band I've seen.
Well, it is not that. :(

But I do agree, Beat Assaillant would be a great ROTM.

In the search menu of Spotify, you can see a little camera on top right. Just click on it. ;)

Back