Wax Buyers Club

You may not be a good seller, but you are an honest seller.
I think I am yes. :)
Frankly, that would be what i was interested in a series like this. At this price point and mixed provinence of the titles that would be the best one could expect, so i´m tempted. I have the feeling that with 60s and 70s soul a well done compilation often goes a long way, because bands where often focussed on the great singles and not so much on cohesive albums. i had the Sweet Soul Music Series from Bear FAmily Records on CD and that is a stellar series.

I'm a big fan of this kind of comp. This is indeed a great way to grab a piece of history, quickly and at fair price.
Most famous is Shaolin Soul of course. Soul Jazz Records have done a lot of comp absolutly astonishing. The 2 Soul-Sides by Olivier Wang, might be the best.

I don't know about Sweet Soul Music Series, I'll take a look at it.

Hi @Edd do you think you'll be getting the latest AS releases in the store? If so I'll hang fire and you can have my money instead of Amazon

Frankly, that would be what i was interested in a series like this. At this price point and mixed provinence of the titles that would be the best one could expect, so i´m tempted. I have the feeling that with 60s and 70s soul a well done compilation often goes a long way, because bands where often focussed on the great singles and not so much on cohesive albums. i had the Sweet Soul Music Series from Bear FAmily Records on CD and that is a stellar series.
I think I am yes. :)

I'm a big fan of this kind of comp. This is indeed a great way to grab a piece of history, quickly and at fair price.
Most famous is Shaolin Soul of course. Soul Jazz Records have done a lot of comp absolutly astonishing. The 2 Soul-Sides by Olivier Wang, might be the best.

I don't know about Sweet Soul Music Series, I'll take a look at it.

I have all Shaolin Soul compilations and am a huge fan. If these American Soul compare to Shaolin Soul's, you are in for a treat! These compilations are a very good "starting point" to dig into unknown artists discographies. I felt down Strata-East, Tribe or Black Jazz rabbit holes thanks to some compilations I found in the wild (some are indeed Soul Jazz Records releases)

AS for American Soul?
Sorry, acoustic sounds. I think I've ordered my love supreme from you and recall you having Ballads at somepoint too

But american soul sounds interesting too....

Sorry, acoustic sounds. I think I've ordered my love supreme from you and recall you having Ballads at somepoint too
All right. I just get in some others Tone Poet. Let me see if I can have some more. Back in a minute.

edit : Ballads and Love Supreme will be restock at WBC next week, and I've some preorder and their way. This tone poet serie by blue note is one of the best news for vinyl this past months. If I could, I'll buy them all.

Last edited:
All right. I just get in some others Tone Poet. Let me see if I can have some more. Back in a minute.

edit : Ballads and Love Supreme will be restock at WBC next week, and I've some preorder and their way. This tone poet serie by blue note is one of the best news for vinyl this past months. If I could, I'll buy them all.

Coltran's Ballades and Love Supreme are not Tone Poet. Both are part of the Acoustic Sounds serie which is somehow the Verve version of Tone Poet in terms of pressing and packaging.

Coltran's Ballades and Love Supreme are not Tone Poet. Both are part of the Acoustic Sounds serie which is somehow the Verve version of Tone Poet in terms of pressing and packaging.

Oh you're right. My mistake. Anyway I want them all.

But american soul sounds interesting too....

FIY I had Ballads pre-ordered from Amazon US since mid-november and cancelled last week. It seems that there are not any new date for a repress (even though there will be a repress).

FIY I had Ballads pre-ordered from Amazon US since mid-november and cancelled last week. It seems that there are not any new date for a repress (even though there will be a repress).
I just have an order on its way from universal. I'll know if I got them... on delivery day. If it is ok, I put one on hold for you.

I think I got my ballads from Amazon UK but had I known Edd was going to have them id have gone that route. Think I may skip Clifford Brown but I'm looking at getting Sarah Vaughan, Gil Evans and Ray Charles at somepoint. I've loved this series.

I think I got my ballads from Amazon UK but had I known Edd was going to have them id have gone that route. Think I may skip Clifford Brown but I'm looking at getting Sarah Vaughan, Gil Evans and Ray Charles at somepoint. I've loved this series.

I am planning to get them all and replace the copies I already have. There are so many series I am trying to catch up (Tone Poet, BN80, BN Classics Verve AS, Strata-East PP reissues, Black Jazz RG reissues). I am even considering Black Fire Strut reissues that are starting to show up (Oneness of Juju, Experience Unlimited). Add this to the labels I follow, Japanese stuff, etc... I better win the lotery!

I am planning to get them all and replace the copies I already have. There are so many series I am trying to catch up (Tone Poet, BN80, BN Classics Verve AS, Strata-East PP reissues, Black Jazz RG reissues). I am even considering Black Fire Strut reissues that are starting to show up (Oneness of Juju, Experience Unlimited). Add this to the labels I follow, Japanese stuff, etc... I better win the lotery!
Honestly, it's trying to cut back. The eventual aim was my WBC and Secretly subs and two records a month. I think I bust that in the first 2 days!

A little (big for me) update on our website. You can check it here. Avec une petite dédicace pour @Skalap

I prefer the new page. Everything is more clear and informations are easier to found! Good one Edd! I just can't see the dedicace (but I didn't sleep very well last night).

I prefer the new page. Everything is more clear and informations are easier to found! Good one Edd! I just can't see the dedicace (but I didn't sleep very well last night).
Thanks.

Take a look at the international sub. ;)

Back