Wax Buyers Club

WBC IG account is right : our monthly shipping start each month the 5th, our members will get an email to warn us between tomorrow and the 12th.
Colissimo is used for every package thicker than 3cm. For a single vinyl : "lettre suivie". Less expensive than colissimo and less than 0,5% of loss and damage. 2 problems with this :
- sometimes vinyl is a bit slow to get on you turntable, but it allows us to get our members a great vinyl for 25€ with shipping.
- when vinyl is loss or damaged, La Poste does not offer refund. But we assume that and every members will have the vinyl he wants each month.

For others : it is not too late to suscribe. 3 and 12 months plan allows us to ensure everyone to get Varech by june the 20th.

Thank you @Edd So I should receive my record next week :) Great!

Reactions: Edd
Hope you'll love it.

We did email him within 12 hours like we said yes. He's member now! (y)

I am sure I will. I listened to Varech when it got reissued a few months ago, thanks @ChristoBee for the heads up, and loved it. Concerning Exil One, I enjoyed every TWM release so far so what could go wrong here?

I am sure I will. I listened to Varech when it got reissued a few months ago, thanks @ChristoBee for the heads up, and loved it. Concerning Exil One, I enjoyed every TWM release so far so what could go wrong here?

Exile One is just perfect. Working with Tidal Waves is a real pleasure : every ROTM we made with us was well received by our members. The variant color for ofege last november has not been what we expected even if it sounds great.

Exile One is just perfect. Working with Tidal Waves is a real pleasure : every ROTM we made with us was well received by our members. The variant color for ofege last november has not been what we expected even if it sounds great.

This Ofege is great but there were many variants out there, actually VMP did their own and it's now in the sale section. TWM seems to offer accessible ways to produce exclusive variants. I recently purchased Pharoah Sanders' Africa from Balades Sonores and next TWM release The Real ShooBeeDoo's Reminiscing is already available for pre-order. Great music and great to have different ways to purchase TWM releases.

This Ofege is great but there were many variants out there, actually VMP did their own and it's now in the sale section. TWM seems to offer accessible ways to produce exclusive variants. I recently purchased Pharoah Sanders' Africa from Balades Sonores and next TWM release The Real ShooBeeDoo's Reminiscing is already available for pre-order. Great music and great to have different ways to purchase TWM releases.
True. We did Exile One because we have a good relation ship with TWM, so we could offer him to our members more than one month before the official release and other variant.

True. We did Exile One because we have a good relation ship with TWM, so we could offer him to our members more than one month before the official release and other variant.

So I can read in between lines that more TWM exclusives may happen in a near future ;)

So I can read in between lines that more TWM exclusives may happen in a near future ;)
Not scheduled for the next 6 months, but yes. On a 12 months basis, we try to have 5-6 months with label we have been working with before, 3-4 with new label and 1-2 with autoproduced artists like Wizard Must Die in march.

Not scheduled for the next 6 months, but yes. On a 12 months basis, we try to have 5-6 months with label we have been working with before, 3-4 with new label and 1-2 with autoproduced artists like Wizard Must Die in march.

And do you plan to have exclusive WBC variants apart of the subscription program?

I'm still debating if I need a (pretty) duplicate of Varech or not.

And do you plan to have exclusive WBC variants apart of the subscription program?

No, for 3 reasons :
- Even if VMP is a great exemple for us, we don't want to be the french VMP.
- We're not big enough to manage this. A nice and great ROTM is already a challenge we want to succeed.
- Labels we're working with does offer great exclusive variant, and we offer them in the members shop. Not sure if multiply exclusive variant is a good thing… In a near future a nice black vinyl will be the "thing". :D

View attachment 4568

No, for 3 reasons :
- Even if VMP is a great exemple for us, we don't want to be the french VMP.
- We're not big enough to manage this. A nice and great ROTM is already a challenge we want to succeed.
- Labels we're working with does offer great exclusive variant, and we offer them in the members shop. Not sure if multiply exclusive variant is a good thing… In a near future a nice black vinyl will be the "thing". :D

Thanks. I am glad to read that you don' t want to be the French VMP :D

seems about right

I was really asking him about what information he got

There’s no option for international gift membership at the moment.

I wasn’t given a clear answer but I would assume that the price for international membership (3LPs) vs Domestic Gift membership (3+1LPs) is the same but that is due to the cost of International shipping a free album would mean losing money.

VMP were similar in offering regular membership internationally of $108 (3LPs) vs $133 (3+1LPs) for an international gift membership.

Nice. BTW, I don't know if it's done on purpose but the email doesn't say what is the AOTM, which is good for those who want to keep the surprise to the last minute. There are enough links in the email to discover if you can't wait though. Good job @Edd

Nice. BTW, I don't know if it's done on purpose but the email doesn't say what is the AOTM, which is good for those who want to keep the surprise to the last minute. There are enough links in the email to discover if you can't wait though. Good job @Edd

Yes it is. Some of my favorite LP's are the one my record dealer told me to listen or gift someone made me. We try not to spoil members who want to discover our ROTM when they open the mailer. It is always possible to discover it before, but if you don't want to know we try to make it happen. Luckily, it is also because we're not that big! :ROFLMAO:

@Edd I've been trying to get around you guys for a while now, but I'm unsure for how long I can hesitate. ;)
Thanks to @Skalap who brought my intention to your club, I've been having a look at your records.
I'd love to see some more regional records - is that something you guys are having in mind in the near future?
Sadly, with most of the record clubs being based in the US, I feel that most of the EU based artists fall a bit short.
And there's enough french artists out there alone to start a new Club. :D
Talking about Serge Gainsbourg, Alain Bashung, Jacques Brel (I know his Beglian), Magma, IAM, Noir désir, Georges Brassens, Miossec, AIR, Dominique A, Suprême NTM, Daft Punk, Françoise Hardy, Brigitte Fontaine, Nino Ferrer - to name only the most known.
You're already having a splendid mixof artists from around the world and I can imagine that it's hard to get exclusive done by the artists mentioned above - but you'd get my money immediately. :love:
By the way is there some kind of referral option? If so, @Skalap would get all the credit.

@Edd I've been trying to get around you guys for a while now, but I'm unsure for how long I can hesitate. ;)
Thanks to @Skalap who brought my intention to your club, I've been having a look at your records.
I'd love to see some more regional records - is that something you guys are having in mind in the near future?
Sadly, with most of the record clubs being based in the US, I feel that most of the EU based artists fall a bit short.
And there's enough french artists out there alone to start a new Club. :D
Talking about Serge Gainsbourg, Alain Bashung, Jacques Brel (I know his Beglian), Magma, IAM, Noir désir, Georges Brassens, Miossec, AIR, Dominique A, Suprême NTM, Daft Punk, Françoise Hardy, Brigitte Fontaine, Nino Ferrer - to name only the most known.
You're already having a splendid mixof artists from around the world and I can imagine that it's hard to get exclusive done by the artists mentioned above - but you'd get my money immediately. :love:
By the way is there some kind of referral option? If so, @Skalap would get all the credit.

Thanks @phramenma. There is some great Records Club in Europe, I think about Flying Vinyl : great selection each month in 5-6 7" boxset. Pretty fun. We're mainly working with French label and European artist, but what you have to know that our only rule is to work with indie label. Even if there is some great artists on major, the aim is to put some light on indie label and artist. So, Every french you just quote are signed on Universal, Sony or Warner. Except for Magma and Miossec (PIAS if I remember well).
May I suggest you to listen to Stranded Horse and Piers Faccini? If you don't know them yet, they are awesome!

(And yes, we HAVE to think about a referral option very soon…)

Thanks @phramenma. There is some great Records Club in Europe, I think about Flying Vinyl : great selection each month in 5-6 7" boxset. Pretty fun. We're mainly working with French label and European artist, but what you have to know that our only rule is to work with indie label. Even if there is some great artists on major, the aim is to put some light on indie label and artist. So, Every french you just quote are signed on Universal, Sony or Warner. Except for Magma and Miossec (PIAS if I remember well).
May I suggest you to listen to Stranded Horse and Piers Faccini? If you don't know them yet, they are awesome!

(And yes, we HAVE to think about a referral option very soon…)
Thank you for your kind and detailed reply!
French Label and/or European artists is mainly what I’m looking for - especially in the indie label area.
I’ve been referring to the above mentioned artists since I’m still looking for exclusive pressings from these artists - but yes, with those majors it might be very difficult.
And thank you for the recommendations, I’ll surely check these out.
Enjoy a lovely weekend and talk to you soon.

Back