Wax Buyers Club

We've been working straight with Jean-Marie Salhani for this. It is the same master, with a new dubplate : the reissue has been printed so much that the first test pressing we received from MPO was not good enough. The color variant has been chosen with JMS and Henri Texier.

So I'll have a different press, right? Interesting. Can't wait to have the record in hands, looks gorgeous.

We've been working straight with Jean-Marie Salhani for this. It is the same master, with a new dubplate : the reissue has been printed so much that the first test pressing we received from MPO was not good enough. The color variant has been chosen with JMS and Henri Texier.

You're tempting me so much with this information, I know I got one of the first presses of the reissue because I got on the phone with JMS to make sure that Mr. Bongo was selling a legit product at the time and Mr. Bongo had in fact the first batch exclusively at the time. :D

Is there any bonus from Henri Texier ? :D

Last edited:
So I'll have a different press, right? Interesting. Can't wait to have the record in hands, looks gorgeous.

Same Master as the 2018 reissue, New Dubplate.

You're tempting me so much with this information, I know I got one of the first presses of the reissue because I got on the phone with JMS to make sure that Mr. Bongo was selling a legit product at the time and Mr. Bongo in fact the first batch exclusively at the time. :D

Is there any bonus from Henri Texier ? :D

Ah ah, that's the point! ;)

If you got the first batch, you will be able to compare but i'm 100% sure it will sound equally. Is the reissue on black vinyl is 180gr?

Unfortunatly, no bonus unless the 180gr vinyl and the color variant. But it is definitly one of our best ROTM… until july.

Same Master as the 2018 reissue, New Dubplate.

Ah ah, that's the point! ;)

If you got the first batch, you will be able to compare but i'm 100% sure it will sound equally. Is the reissue on black vinyl is 180gr?

Unfortunatly, no bonus unless the 180gr vinyl and the color variant. But it is definitly one of our best ROTM… until july.

You can't tease us like that without giving a hint about what will come. It's mandatory.

It wasn't specified, but I don't think it is 180g, most probably 130g or 140g. And yeah, we'll need hints.

This Henri Texier looks beautiful. The WBC archives show a real diverse catalogue and I am in. @Edd I am a little confused. On signing up I took a gift membership as it offers 4 LPs for the same as price as 3 LPs for an International subscription. I received an email that said I had taken a Domestic subscription and I need to change. Is there not an option for an International gift subscription?

Last edited:
This Henri Texier looks beautiful. The WBC archives show a real diverse catalogue and I am in. @Edd I am a little confused. On signing up I took a gift membership as it offers 4 LPs for the same as price as 3 LPs for an International subscription. I received an email that said I had taken a Domestic subscription and I need to change. Is there not an option for an International gift subscription?

I think it's better if you contact them through the chat window on the WBC website. Last time they answered me in less than 5 minutes.

I think it's better if you contact them through the chat window on the WBC website. Last time they answered me in less than 5 minutes.
Thanks. I just sent a follow up email. Also my lack of French might not help in chat.

Also, thank you for posting about WBC to begin with. I probably would not have heard about them without this thread.

Thanks. I just sent a follow up email. Also my lack of French might not help in chat.

Also, thank you for posting about WBC to begin with. I probably would not have heard about them without this thread.

My pleasure. I think you can chat in English with them if needed. If you can't be understood just let me know and I'll contact them for you ;)

Hi. We did receive your email, thanks for joining us and sorry for the confusion. You will get an answer by the end of the day. We are off for the week-end but always respond to our members within 24h.

@Edd welcome to the forum, glad we can ask you questions here as I've been curious about your club for a while but I find it hard to navigate since I don't speak French. I believe I talked to you over chat a few weeks ago when you said the international 3 month subscription includes the cost of shipping, at least to Germany.

Do you offer the possibility to swap for some items in your archive in the event you don't like a certain month? Does a swap work by simply emailing you?

P.s. any chance you can still find a copy of Sunshine Man for me? Perhaps you still have one lying around somewhere 🤫. I would really like to have this one!

@Edd welcome to the forum, glad we can ask you questions here as I've been curious about your club for a while but I find it hard to navigate since I don't speak French. I believe I talked to you over chat a few weeks ago when you said the international 3 month subscription includes the cost of shipping, at least to Germany.

Do you offer the possibility to swap for some items in your archive in the event you don't like a certain month? Does a swap work by simply emailing you?

P.s. any chance you can still find a copy of Sunshine Man for me? Perhaps you still have one lying around somewhere 🤫. I would really like to have this one!

Thanks @uvwxVinyl. Chrome Browser does offer to translate website, this could be easier for you, even if we wish to get an english version of our website.

Our swap option is available for every subscription plan, from the 28th to the 4th of each month. You could find different vinyl in it : some of our previous ROTM and some vinyl like you could find at your local dealer. It does not work by email, we have a member page for it, but our members must wait the 28th of each month to get the url by email.

We do not have any copy left of this awesome LP of Harold Alexander, sorry. Tidal Waves did keep a few of them (less than 50) to sell them in north america, with our agreement and because we don' have much members there. This is why @jaycee find one in Portland. I've seen some on discogs, from 35€.

Hi there.

I'm Ed, founder of Wax Buyers Club. @Skalap, a fresh new member of WaxBuyers ROTM invited me to come here. So here I am, with great pleasure. Not here to make some advertising, just to answer any question if you have some. So please feel free to ask if you wish to. And apologies for my english…

I'm also, as you can guess, a music lover. And guess what is my favorite media to listen to music? :)

Ed.
Even though I don't subscribe to your service/club it is always nice to have input from someone that works for it here. I think it is okay for you to talk freely about your club in this thread just don't advertise elsewhere on the forum.

According to WBC IG account, Henri Texier will start being shipped tomorrow. Subscribe now or cry later :p

@Edd what shipping method do you use? Colissimo?

Did you get the answer?

According to WBC IG account, Henri Texier will start being shipped tomorrow. Subscribe now or cry later :p

@Edd what shipping method do you use? Colissimo?
WBC IG account is right : our monthly shipping start each month the 5th, our members will get an email to warn us between tomorrow and the 12th.
Colissimo is used for every package thicker than 3cm. For a single vinyl : "lettre suivie". Less expensive than colissimo and less than 0,5% of loss and damage. 2 problems with this :
- sometimes vinyl is a bit slow to get on you turntable, but it allows us to get our members a great vinyl for 25€ with shipping.
- when vinyl is loss or damaged, La Poste does not offer refund. But we assume that and every members will have the vinyl he wants each month.

For others : it is not too late to suscribe. 3 and 12 months plan allows us to ensure everyone to get Varech by june the 20th.

Back