Vinyl Storage Recommendation

6 of these turned up for the big move. My worry is that they are going to get pretty heavy once full. The annoying thing is that I can’t store them inside each other for now to save space, so my flat is getting overrun!

View attachment 97114
Wow! We move tomorrow and I can’t even walk around my apartment. It’s just boxes everywhere (mostly records hah) and we aren’t even finished packing yet.

Wow! We move tomorrow and I can’t even walk around my apartment. It’s just boxes everywhere (mostly records hah) and we aren’t even finished packing yet.
Best of luck with the move! We need to find an overspill storage space somewhere. We have a garage, but it's not watertight and full of crap!

6 of these turned up for the big move. My worry is that they are going to get pretty heavy once full. The annoying thing is that I can’t store them inside each other for now to save space, so my flat is getting overrun!

View attachment 97114
If you are shipping yourself to Oz in those, make sure to punch in a few air holes.

Wait, are you under the impression that some or all of your records may be alive?
This one is
1619539568741.png

Counterpoint
"Saw KISS. A nice kids band. Not a good grown up band. Poor writing, poor playing, and simply not good." - Neil Hamburger, America's $1 Funnyman

The lack of space is obviously an inconvenience, but those containers look so much better than the standard cardboard boxes typically used for moving records. Where did you get them?

Got them from here, but from their UK shop. The record fair guys here use the 35 Litre ones mainly. I have the 9 litre ones for my singles.

Reactions: .Z.
Thanks...after thinking about this and talking it over with the Mrs and father in law...I’ll be securing kalkax with a few massive l brackets and I can actually access the wall behind it to reinforce if need be
So...this is what we got...so far :)
Kallaxes goes on later
Wife and kids stood on top and no movement
3A05CA9E-1FB6-4836-853E-93E20FBDF978.jpeg
DA2C80E5-8503-4701-8977-5D4B33338A7A.jpeg
B1868A44-17CD-4765-9F15-B0723F481ECF.jpeg

View attachment 97114
Just as I thought, these things are really heavy full. Might have been better getting the 35 litre ones, but I have these ones now. If I can convince the movers to lift them as a 2 person job they should be fine.

37FC3A74-067C-441B-BCA8-F07197790C0B.jpeg

For those using Ikea Expedit & Kallax I'm looking for some ideas on what to use for back stopping the Lp's in there individual cubes ?

Back