Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Thackeraye

6 of these turned up for the big move. My worry is that they are going to get pretty heavy once full. The annoying thing is that I can’t store them inside each other for now to save space, so my flat is getting overrun!

View attachment 97114
Just as I thought, these things are really heavy full. Might have been better getting the 35 litre ones, but I have these ones now. If I can convince the movers to lift them as a 2 person job they should be fine.

37FC3A74-067C-441B-BCA8-F07197790C0B.jpeg

Pergo

For those using Ikea Expedit & Kallax I'm looking for some ideas on what to use for back stopping the Lp's in there individual cubes ?

I use these. I have an older version, which is just clear plastic like material, these new ones look way nicer. They work well though.

JohnnyCashFan

I just buy some cheap outside corner molding from Home Depot and cut to size. Works great.

with some lumber prices doubling recently thats the way I am leaning. And I can easily hand saw them and clean up the ends with sandpaper. Did you glue, 3m adhesive, velcro, or other in place ?

dansomeone

I use these. I have an older version, which is just clear plastic like material, these new ones look way nicer. They work well though.
Oh my, I was thinking about ordering the clear plastic ones, but I like those wood ones much better, and the price is the same. Sold!

Pergo

Oh my, I was thinking about ordering the clear plastic ones, but I like those wood ones much better, and the price is the same. Sold!
Yeah agreed. I bought mine like a week before they announced these which was kind of disappointing. But once they are in you can't see them anyway, so I can live with it (at least this is what I tell myself) :)

CroutonBoy

with some lumber prices doubling recently thats the way I am leaning. And I can easily hand saw them and clean up the ends with sandpaper. Did you glue, 3m adhesive, velcro, or other in place ?
I used velcro, but if you pull records in and out enough times I've found that it pulls free after a while. I think this weekend I'll replace with either adhesive or wood screws.

JohnnyCashFan

I used velcro, but if you pull records in and out enough times I've found that it pulls free after a while. I think this weekend I'll replace with either adhesive or wood screws.
we will have a move at some point in the future and have to dissemble my Expedit, so I need to keep mine temporary the best way I can. Perhaps 3M Dual Lock.

tvham

Yeah agreed. I bought mine like a week before they announced these which was kind of disappointing. But once they are in you can't see them anyway, so I can live with it (at least this is what I tell myself) :)
I have the clear ones as well and agree, you can’t see them once the cubes are full of records. Plus if the wood colors don’t match that would probably bother me more than the clear!