Vinyl Storage Recommendation

In business!

Top row is our most spun records/favorite records across all genres I own.

Bottom row behind drawers is all records that I love but don’t reach for as commonly.

View attachment 175242
Awesome. I love these shelves but have way too many records to be able to afford buying enough for all of my records 😂

I’ve been putting backspacers in my kallax and the little double sided tape squares they send don’t stick too well. Has anyone else had this issue with the backspacers moving? What is another good option for adhering them a little better?
same. i ended up using some gorilla glue and clamping them for a day or so.

I’m not sure I have the patience for that 😂

I’ve got 40 cubes haha
I've got 36 cubes. didn't take much longer than putting the initial double-sided tape squares on. i just did a few each day and set and forget em. i tried a few different double-sided stickers and all of them ended up shifting or losing their adhesiveness over time.

I've got 36 cubes. didn't take much longer than putting the initial double-sided tape squares on. i just did a few each day and set and forget em. i tried a few different double-sided stickers and all of them ended up shifting or losing their adhesiveness over time.
maybe gorilla is the way to go then. If it’s happening with other methods too….

I bought some border trim several years ago to make my own backspacers and have never got around to doing it. I just plan on putting three screws in each piece.

Last edited:
Seems like a around 100 -110 per row, so up to 440 depending on how many chunky records you got? Def fits more than a Kallax heheh
I mean, depends on the Kallax... lol... I would need 6 of those currently and only have 2 (5x5) Kallax ;).

It looks good, fits my target aesthetic, and hits my collection size limit. The price is a little off putting for any time soon! It does appear worth the dough, though.
Price is definitely a lot, they’re apparently modular though so adding on additional bays is more digestible for the future.

So far it looks phenomenal in the space, built like a TANK and shockingly anti resonant considering all the metal and aluminum. Knocking on the frame and panel with the MoFi yields absolutely 0 noise into the platter.

I need to order a few of these.
Are there sales to watch or alternatives for better pricing?

I need to order a few of these.
Are there sales to watch or alternatives for better pricing?

I got a few of the 2x2 Target ones and I can hardly notice a difference between those and the Ikea ones. I think I got the 2x2s on sale for something like $25 each? Only have experience with the white ones (so can't speak to what the "wood" ones look like) and not positive if they do a 2x4

Back