Vinyl Storage Recommendation

That was my thought looking at them. The website said 55lbs for a panel, which would be fine for LPs if it means each individual panel.

Yeah, you'd def. want to at minimum give the middle some extra support at the bottom if you fill the entire thing up but that would be an easy fix at least as long as the rest holds up well over time.

Also, you can find $20 off or 10-20% off coupons for Home Depot pretty easily for cheap which knocks a bit more off the price.

If I wasn't so set on making my own this Spring (Hopefully!) i'd def. be looking at this as a possible option.

While on the subject, is there anyone that has made custom storage for 1k+ that have any tips? I already have some basic plans drawn up but am still far from anything absolute and i'd like whatever I make to be long term. I was leaning towards making a nice sturdy standardish shelf for 1k+ and then have a second flip bin kind of setup which would be pretty easy to make. Something like this How To Build A DIY Vinyl Record Storage Cabinet Display but much cleaner and more polished.

Here’s an interesting one I saw on instagram…shelving from Home Depot that seems to perfectly fit LPs. Says there are about 600 LPs in there.

View attachment 131211

View attachment 131214

I can see this bowing over time.

Here’s an interesting one I saw on instagram…shelving from Home Depot that seems to perfectly fit LPs. Says there are about 600 LPs in there.

View attachment 131211

View attachment 131214

My reservation would be that it has zero height or depth tolerance so it’s not going to fit any LP that’s even just slightly oddly sized and box sets will be a complete no no.

My reservation would be that it has zero height or depth tolerance so it’s not going to fit any LP that’s even just slightly oddly sized and box sets will be a complete no no.
Fair point. I’ve always kept my box sets separate and have taken to putting the records from box sets with all my other records. For some reason I end up listening to them more that way. But the height/depth tolerance is an issue with a lot of shelving.

Fair point. I’ve always kept my box sets separate and have taken to putting the records from box sets with all my other records. For some reason I end up listening to them more that way. But the height/depth tolerance is an issue with a lot of shelving.

Yeah which is why I’m looking at either bespoke or some companies that I’ve seen that do 38cm high and 40cm deep. It will probably end up costing me quite a bit more but I suppose given the value of what’s in them it makes quite a bit of sense. Well to me anyway!

Yeah which is why I’m looking at either bespoke or some companies that I’ve seen that do 38cm high and 40cm deep. It will probably end up costing me quite a bit more but I suppose given the value of what’s in them it makes quite a bit of sense. Well to me anyway!
Bespoke isn’t really an option for me anymore as much as I want to go that route. Prices are extremely high and I’m not trying to spend $2500+ for a cabinet. I also have way too many records now for something custom haha

Bespoke isn’t really an option for me anymore as much as I want to go that route. Prices are extremely high and I’m not trying to spend $2500+ for a cabinet. I also have way too many records now for something custom haha

That’s mad. It’s not really an option for me in an apartment either, I don’t want to build in a huge vinyl unit that’s not transportable and will need ripping out if I ever move. That said I’ve always found a carpenter cheaper than similar quality bought units. Of course ply style ikea and the like stuff is always going to be cheaper.

Made a big mistake this morning and broke one of my old storage shelves at 5am while trying to slide it a foot. Because it was 5am, or because I was just trying to be lazy, I didn’t remove most of the albums, and the shelf collapsed. Fine, I can get a replacement kallax shelf. The real bad news was that it collapsed into one of my Forte III’s and put a 1” puncture in the woofer. Hoping I can source a replacement. Only turned it on for a few minutes and since it was early morning I didn’t push the volume, but I didn’t hear too much difference. Haven’t fired it back up yet this afternoon as I’ve been building the new shelf.

Not my finest day in this hobby. 😂 Gotta laugh.

Back