Vinyl Storage Recommendation

When I had my shelf built I made sure the bottom row was tall enough to house my In Rainbows box set (the first record I ever owned!).

That decision continues to pay off.

View attachment 126376
It took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that the picture is turned and you in fact do not have all of your boxsets stacked on each other

It took me longer than I'd like to admit to realize that the picture is turned and you in fact do not have all of your boxsets stacked on each other
N&G decided to ignore the rotation metadata from my phone, I guess. I was too lazy to fix it.

The Scarry book doesn't fit on ANY of my record shelving haha. Damn you radiohead!
Yep. This, In Rainbows, and my Joyful Noise Deerhoof Box Set are all basically the same height, which is a few mm too tall to fit into a standard shelf. Annoying!

Same as In Rainbows it fits in a kallax when turned through 90 degrees
yea but seeing as how it's a book, you don't see any of the spine--only the sides of the pages. With In Rainbows you at least have some of the pattern on the side to know what you're lookin at...how dare Radiohead not use the Ikea Imperial System as their base for measurements. Shame on them.

yea but seeing as how it's a book, you don't see any of the spine--only the sides of the pages. With In Rainbows you at least have some of the pattern on the side to know what you're lookin at...how dare Radiohead not use the Ikea Imperial System as their base for measurements. Shame on them.

Shame on ikea for making the expedite barely big enough to fit a 12” record. If I splurge in the future there are companies out there that make shelves that are 35cm or 38cm high to give that extra clearance to boxes etc.

Shame on ikea for making the expedite barely big enough to fit a 12” record. If I splurge in the future there are companies out there that make shelves that are 35cm or 38cm high to give that extra clearance to boxes etc.
I always look for better alternatives to the Kallax but honestly, there's nothing even remotely close for the price that I have been able to find. I don't want to drop a few thousand bucks on something that won't hold my collection. I agree--if I somehow come into a windfall of money, I'd probably buy some nicer or custom shelving. My dad was going to build something for me, but he started it 2 years ago and not sure he'll ever finish it haha

I always look for better alternatives to the Kallax but honestly, there's nothing even remotely close for the price that I have been able to find. I don't want to drop a few thousand bucks on something that won't hold my collection. I agree--if I somehow come into a windfall of money, I'd probably buy some nicer or custom shelving. My dad was going to build something for me, but he started it 2 years ago and not sure he'll ever finish it haha

Yeah but then you can’t really complain because as they say you get what you pay for, they’re perfect vinyl storage by happy accident rather than design lol! I will eventually get something new but I agree it won’t come cheap but eventually I want taller shelves and a back on a unit.

I mean. they didn’t expressly design it for records so I wouldn’t get too salty about it.

Here’s an interesting one I saw on instagram…shelving from Home Depot that seems to perfectly fit LPs. Says there are about 600 LPs in there.

12E6271A-2D66-4A5A-A4BF-A9D237412DAC.jpeg

1646518942183.png

Here’s an interesting one I saw on instagram…shelving from Home Depot that seems to perfectly fit LPs. Says there are about 600 LPs in there.

View attachment 131211

View attachment 131214

I like that the back is covered.

I like that the back is covered.
It's not a bad looking shelf as far as these flat packed ones go. Wouldn't really fit looks-wise to my room, but the size + back is nice to have. I've been pretty happy with the shelving I have now, there just isn't enough of it haha. And the Mapleshade shelves I used to use skyrocketed in price.

It's not a bad looking shelf as far as these flat packed ones go. Wouldn't really fit looks-wise to my room, but the size + back is nice to have. I've been pretty happy with the shelving I have now, there just isn't enough of it haha. And the Mapleshade shelves I used to use skyrocketed in price.

If I was just starting out, it would definitely be something I’d be checking out.

View attachment 131211

View attachment 131214

Not sure about the bottom of those ..a lot of weight to support if that’s on any kind of non solid base

Back