Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Having to move my psych/prog rock albums out of the living room to make way for the Christmas tree! Annual ritual. 😜 (They’ll find their way back onto the shelves once my wife helps me move the unit.) Now they’ll be in the same room where I run my HumminGuru. Might have to take advantage of that temporary arrangement….

A2A83086-07A1-462C-9B24-0235FE578B4C.jpeg7BB2D7A1-E17F-451E-9DE2-94F20AA38C82.jpeg

EDIT: Ready for the holidays 😃

191D09BE-4D49-42AC-92CF-A43809A35845.jpeg

Last edited:
The back spacers I ordered where 5 dollars a piece. It's only a thin strip of wood. Cut to length. I would think it's less expensive to buy a long piece of similar would and cut it to said length
I just bought a $3 28”x20” foam core board and cut enough strips for 16 cubes and more. Works just as well and the white matches my white kallax and blends in better for half full cubes

Hudson Hi-Fi is having a holiday sale (code: HOLIDAYS). Brings that pack of 500 inner sleeves to $56.63 instead of $75.50. Looks like everything in their store is in play. (Anyone ever used their outer sleeves?)

(Cross-post from Online Vinyl Deals thread.)

I received my recent order from Sleeve City - their turnaround time seems to be getting back to normal, ordered on 12/9 and arrived 12/24. The outer sleeves do seem similar to the last batch I got, a bit cloudier than before but not a deal breaker. See pics below, it's hard to notice in the sleeve.

Older/clearer version:

3F6F5CF7-0C07-4523-B11C-36EFDDEBF543.jpeg

Current version:
0EC1EE09-E873-43AC-B67E-E615D7F873EF.jpeg

Anybody else use the audiophile double lp inner sleeve from SC? I have become a big fan. They take some learning to extract a record from but take up less space in the outer outside the jacket and they are more economical than using 2 single sleeves. I bought a 50 pack and blew through them in a day of cleaning. I have way more double lps than I thought.

Anybody else use the audiophile double lp inner sleeve from SC? I have become a big fan. They take some learning to extract a record from but take up less space in the outer outside the jacket and they are more economical than using 2 single sleeves. I bought a 50 pack and blew through them in a day of cleaning. I have way more double lps than I thought.
Yes. I use them too. They're very good.

Really excited about this. I was running out of space for records and with a system in my office it seemed like a good idea to add some storage. I found this site with plans for building a really cool record storage cabinet. It's all made from a single sheet of plywood.

I love the look of this so I set to work and finally got it in my office today. I'm contemplating staining it. Really happy with how it turned out, I'm thinking it should hold 500 records. Right now the plan is to move all the music I listen to myself here and leave everything else by my main system.
0F35306E-776D-408C-8ECE-853D9890B95E.jpeg

Really excited about this. I was running out of space for records and with a system in my office it seemed like a good idea to add some storage. I found this site with plans for building a really cool record storage cabinet. It's all made from a single sheet of plywood.

I love the look of this so I set to work and finally got it in my office today. I'm contemplating staining it. Really happy with how it turned out, I'm thinking it should hold 500 records. Right now the plan is to move all the music I listen to myself here and leave everything else by my main system.
View attachment 124183
You built that? That is killer.

View attachment 124183
Very cool!

Here's a more lengthy and varied consideration:
https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...m-single-4-x-8-sheet-of-plywood-plans.337891/

Back