Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Not a recommendation, but I thought I’d share the hearth alcove update.

I had some brackets made up by a local fabricator, and then fitted some oak veneer shelves to add some more storage. The alcove used to hold a gun cabinet when we moved in. Now it holds bullets for the Linn.

973E0114-C9BB-4D86-B4BB-4B47346BB77A.jpeg

From my listening seat you can just see them. So it’s done a good job of tucking records away.

AA2E27D9-42D7-4D6B-B71F-3250ED4375FE.jpeg

Not a recommendation, but I thought I’d share the hearth alcove update.

I had some brackets made up by a local fabricator, and then fitted some oak veneer shelves to add some more storage. The alcove used to hold a gun cabinet when we moved in. Now it holds bullets for the Linn.

View attachment 83093

From my listening seat you can just see them. So it’s done a good job of tucking records away.

View attachment 83094

The other side next? 😂

I love that the old hearth is still burning some hot fire!

Is anyone familiar with the Target Threshold cube series or the Better Homes and Gardens cube system? I need to get more kallax-esque storage but the nearest Ikea is a few hours away and they don't deliver here. Just want to make sure what I get is reasonably sturdy.

Is anyone familiar with the Target Threshold cube series or the Better Homes and Gardens cube system? I need to get more kallax-esque storage but the nearest Ikea is a few hours away and they don't deliver here. Just want to make sure what I get is reasonably sturdy.
Either one of those should do the trick. I’m sure they’re made from the same materials but you could check if you need piece of mind.

Mother of God.

Have you tried them? I may be buying a bunch of these.
IMG_3075.jpg

Top is with the backspacer, bottom is without (so this is what it usually looks like without fixing them)

It works! the adhesive is thick enough so that the acrylic board is raised enough to prevent the vinyl from being pushed back over the top of the spacer.

would recommend, but you could very easily make this on your own. you just need a piece of acrylic or plexiglass 13.25" long & some 3M adhesive. but i'm a lazy person by nature

Last edited:
View attachment 83484

Top is with the backspacer, bottom is without (so this is what it usually looks like without fixing them)

It works! the adhesive is thick enough so that the acrylic board is raised enough to prevent the vinyl from being pushed back over the top of the spacer.

would recommend, but you could very easily make this on your own. you just need a piece of acrylic or plexiglass 13.25" long & some 3M adhesive
No issues with outer sleeves bumping and then sliding over the board?

View attachment 83484

would recommend, but you could very easily make this on your own. you just need a piece of acrylic or plexiglass 13.25" long & some 3M adhesive
Nice! I have 18 of the skinny on order.

Here's my storage solution! I splurged on Symbol Audio's cheapest (but still not cheap) options -- the MAX Record Stand and the MAX Turntable Stand. I have to move around quite a bit so this is a really nice option since the pieces are easy to disassemble/reassemble. Unfortunately, I will need to get another record stand at some point -- I thought I would be able to fit my whole collection with the addition of one record stand, but it's already quite full and I still have like ~50ish records that are not displayed.

140935132_304748434380341_8763238354918352901_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my storage solution! I splurged on Symbol Audio's cheapest (but still not cheap) options -- the MAX Record Stand and the MAX Turntable Stand. I have to move around quite a bit so this is a really nice option since the pieces are easy to disassemble/reassemble. Unfortunately, I will need to get another record stand at some point -- I thought I would be able to fit my whole collection with the addition of one record stand, but it's already quite full and I still have like ~50ish records that are not displayed.

View attachment 84596
symbol stuff is pretty neat, wish it held more though

I agree completely 😭
I’ll have to save up money to buy another record stand at some point and hope that my collection will not expand past that for like another two years 😅

this is my long term solution and i refuse to go further than this when it comes to my collection

hopefully i keep that resolution ;)

this is my long term solution and i refuse to go further than this when it comes to my collection

hopefully i keep that resolution ;)
Oooh, that looks super neat! Maybe once I own a house, I can plan on possibly getting something along the lines of that.

For your wallet's sake, I sure hope so -- but realistically speaking, you will probably exceed the storage capacity :ROFLMAO:

Oooh, that looks super neat! Maybe once I own a house, I can plan on possibly getting something along the lines of that.

For your wallet's sake, I sure hope so -- but realistically speaking, you will probably exceed the storage capacity :ROFLMAO:
Vinyl as a hobby is probably 10x more enjoyable with a house. a thing i will probably never own

Back