Vinyl Storage Recommendation

Still have some redecorating to do, but...

XE3xo8g.jpg

Doubled my storage yesterday with 2 more 2x4 kallax shelves. Had a hard time getting them ordered from Ikea with the current wood shortage + covid. Feels good to have some SPACE again. Now I have to reorganize and re-hang posters in different spots to make room for them.

Not sure if anyone has seen these

Not sure if anyone has seen these

Mother of God.

Have you tried them? I may be buying a bunch of these.

Mother of God.

they don't seem very thick, willing to give it a try but i see sleeved records still tracking over it.
i was just thinking about this yesterday. will probably make a home depot version of this in the future

Mother of God.

I have not. It just appeared on my FB the other day. At first I thought these would cover the entire back of each cube and I got excited. Then I clicked on the link to get the full description. I think it’s cool that it comes in two different thicknesses. Thought I would share.

I am still Team Pool Noodle, though whenever this hell ends I will probably pickup a few to try
I never liked the pool noodle trick if only because I felt that if you didn’t have a full cube? You could easily see the noodle back there. I have upgraded from the Kallax though so it’s no longer an issue but I think a nicer option for the pool noodle would be pretty useful

......ok, I gotta ask, why is this such an issue to so many people? I've never minded and or thought about why the LPs sat back a couple inches in the Kallax, am I missing something? Lord knows I hate being left out ;)
Part of it seems to be the OCD-ness of records not lining up or some getting pushed further back than others. The cubes are deeper than the records are so these line em up closer to the front of the cubes.

......ok, I gotta ask, why is this such an issue to so many people? I've never minded and or thought about why the LPs sat back a couple inches in the Kallax, am I missing something? Lord knows I hate being left out ;)
For me, it’s that the just keep going back too far because there’s no stopper. The clear things look really cool and if I had empty shelves I’d try them. The pool noodles have served me well though. I got black ones and on the dark wood piece I put in the back, they are not really that visible.

Back