Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I always find TBT fascinating, most of the stuff in it sat in the store forever and now people are going crazy over it. I realize there is a very FOMO aspect of it, just interesting.
I think we underestimate the number that they’re selling. For example, they pressed 300 Paul Cauthen. 193 listed as have on Cogs. Assume there are close to 100 who have it unlisted. 7 is their minimum. Not hard to sell out numbers that small.
There are quite a lot of newer subscribers from last year who missed out on a lot of that stuff. Plus FOMO plays a role like you said
pretty sure all my TBT purchases for me before today were pre-subscriber (2020). I picked up Elton because I was finally able to get it with a discount.

TLOU vinyl is available from other places like Milan themselves or IGNs store (and there is a European option from black screen records for those in another country), and those all sell it for a 100 dollar (100 euro as well) price.... but those include shipping so lets say about 110 dollars to get it... if you are a VMP member the poster is only an extra 20 bucks.. but if you are not its basically an extra 50 bucks

Last edited:
I think we underestimate the number that they’re selling. For example, they pressed 300 Paul Cauthen. 193 listed as have on Cogs. Assume there are close to 100 who have it unlisted. 7 is their minimum. Not hard to sell out numbers that small.

pretty sure all my TBT purchases for me before today were pre-subscriber (2020). I picked up Elton because I was finally able to get it with a discount.
Yea definitely very limited numbers. I think in the past they have said it can be as few as 5 copies of something.

It's probably what's left from what was held back for damages
Yea it’s that in most cases. From what I’ve seen, labels usually press something like 5% more copies than announced for replacements or damage. So in some cases this would be that minus the replacements already given out.

I don't even bother trying on TBT's unless it's something I really regret passing on, which is few and far between.

They should just raffle things off randomly to people that have things on their waitlist.

This feels like a good time for no reason in particular to share my referral link for anyone looking to re-up at a discount

Took you up on this

Just got an email that my yearly is renewed today (I rejoined with the free 8 records promo) and Jesus Christ, without the free records I don’t think I can justify this cost
Slightly better with this 😂

View attachment 196623

I really want this since I was lapsed as a member when it came out last, but at that price I'm wanting to hold off and hope it'll come in stock and I can discount code it or build up some swap credit to make it not palatable.

I really want this since I was lapsed as a member when it came out last, but at that price I'm wanting to hold off and hope it'll come in stock and I can discount code it or build up some swap credit to make it not palatable.
i'm in the same boat. gotta give this a think....cheaper than buying it on discogs/ebay but still pricey for a 2LP. Gotta think about how often I'll spin it. Tempted to buy and then cancel and re-buy if a code comes up.

i'm in the same boat. gotta give this a think....cheaper than buying it on discogs/ebay but still pricey for a 2LP. Gotta think about how often I'll spin it. Tempted to buy and then cancel and re-buy if a code comes up.

Yeah, swaps or code for me. I'd like to upgrade my copy. But I do have a copy in the meanwhile that helps the waiting stay patient.

Back