Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

mondo guys doing memes now:

But are they gonna do a dozen dozen colour variants of this, is the question!

mondo guys doing memes now:

Why would I buy a poster of a show I wasn't at?

Some people will buy any gig poster they like, others buy any a certain artist does. Poster world is similar to vinyl in that regard

I can understand the Willie Nelson and John Coltrane stuff but not show specific posters. They are already sold out so I should shut my mouth. Some people got that spare cash that others don't.

I can understand the Willie Nelson and John Coltrane stuff but not show specific posters. They are already sold out so I should shut my mouth. Some people got that spare cash that others don't.
to me, if I love the poster design it might be something I'd consider buying. For example, there are tons of really awesome posters for museum exhibitions in the 60s/70s that I'd buy for the artwork and I wasn't even born yet.

Anyone else get the second "Music for Saxofone & Bass Guitar" from Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes and have atrocious surface noise on Side B? I got two copies and both have the exact same issues.

Edit: Another thing I wanted to point out is that the second installment is pressed on much thicker vinyl, and is a bit warped compared to the first one. Even though they both were released by VMP at the same time, it looks like part 1 was pressed at GZ and part 2 was pressed at some place called Smashed Plastic Recording, which I've never heard of before. Go figure that GZ did the better job on this one.

Last edited:
Anyone else get the second "Music for Saxofone & Bass Guitar" from Sam Gendel and Sam Wilkes and have atrocious surface noise on Side B? I got two copies and both have the exact same issues.

Edit: Another thing I wanted to point out is that the second installment is pressed on much thicker vinyl, and is a bit warped compared to the first one. Even though they both were released by VMP at the same time, it looks like part 1 was pressed at GZ and part 2 was pressed at some place called Smashed Plastic Recording, which I've never heard of before. Go figure that GZ did the better job on this one.
Bummer. International Anthem uses Smashed Plastic (in Chicago) for their US distribution, and they generally do solid work.

My second copy is getting delivered tmm, so I’ll circle around if I get a quiet copy. Real shame if its a fucked up batch cause it sounds quite good otherwise

Haven’t had any issues with Smashed Plastic. Assuming you cleaned it?

Any 40% codes off out there? Thinking of picking up this Impulse boxset.

Anyway to tell how many copies of that are left? Finally listening to most of these records for the first time and so far Africa/Brass and Passin Thru blew me away, really loved those records. Now listening to Alexandria The Great. Seems like a well curated box so far.

Any 40% codes off out there? Thinking of picking up this Impulse boxset.

Anyway to tell how many copies of that are left? Finally listening to most of these records for the first time and so far Africa/Brass and Passin Thru blew me away, really loved those records. Now listening to Alexandria The Great. Seems like a well curated box so far.
no codes right now. and the last code didn't work on preorders sadly. i know some people know how to do stock check on shop app but i haven't figure out how to do it with anthologies that are preorders. i'm sure someone here knows!

Back