Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I could overnight it via UPS, that is what I will do. ;)
It's a pretty funny work around. Last year, Callaway did a contest where you could purchase a driver and pick a golfer who used Callaway clubs. If they won the next major, you got your club refunded. A bunch of people entered via mail without purchasing, John Rahm won, and Callaway gave out a lot of free drivers.

It's a pretty funny work around. Last year, Callaway did a contest where you could purchase a driver and pick a golfer who used Callaway clubs. If they won the next major, you got your club refunded. A bunch of people entered via mail without purchasing, John Rahm won, and Callaway gave out a lot of free drivers.

you're supposed to let us all know about this.

Thought I'd jump in for a month just to grab Extraodinary Machine, pick up the Interpol ROTM on my way to the store to use, what was not-so enticing at the time, the 'Continue The Journey, Get Free Store Credit' pitch to pay for it, only to discover you don't get the credits on 1 month memberships. Thank god for Afterpay!

Last edited:
Thought I'd jump in for a month just to grab Extraodinary Machine, pick up the Interpol ROTM on my way to the store to use, what was not-so enticing at the time, the 'Continue The Journey, Get Free Store Credit' pitch to pay for it, only to discover you don't get the credits on 1 month memberships. Thank god for Afterpay!
I’ve spent quite some time over the past two days mulling over whether I should resubscribe to grab the Fiona exclusive and also take advantage of the store credit offer.

Unfortunately, the entire exercise reminded me why I unsubscribed in the first place: the combination of high prices, so-so curation, and FOMO-centric business model. I have enough stress in my life and don’t need my hobby to add to that. I might just bite the bullet on 9/2 and order Extraordinary Machine at full price plus shipping, and keep my distance from VMP otherwise.

Last edited:
I’ve spent quite some time over the past two meats mulling over whether I should resubscribe to grab the Fiona exclusive and also take advantage of the store credit offer.

Unfortunately, the entire exercise reminded me why I unsubscribed in the first place: the combination of high prices, so-so curation, and FOMO-centric business model. I have enough stress in my life and don’t need my hobby to add to that. I might just bite the bullet on 9/2 and order Extraordinary Machine at full price plus shipping, and keep my distance from VMP otherwise.
If you were thumbing through the stacks at your local record store and saw the Extraordinary Machine reissue for $50, would you buy it? That's usually how I phrase the scenario. If I wouldn't buy it outside of VMP on the spot (and be excited about it), why would I buy it from VMP?

If you were thumbing through the stacks at your local record store and saw the Extraordinary Machine reissue for $50, would you buy it? That's usually how I phrase the scenario. If I wouldn't buy it outside of VMP on the spot (and be excited about it), why would I buy it from VMP?
I think the answer is yes. Especially because I already have the very bad, not good Plain version of that album, so I should be able to recoup some of my purchase by trading that one in. What I can’t justify is paying $40 for 95% of VMP’s ROTMs, which is why I’m leaning against rejoining.

Welp. Reddit VMP has officially broken my brain and reaffirmed that it is a complete shithole. To paraphrase the convo (and said person downvoting every comment I make) on the Kenny Beats album thread:

Guy: It's cheaper here.
Me: [sarcastically] There's always a cheaper link.
Guy: Not always
Me: 9/10 times it is, sure you can factor in cheaper shipping but that's baked into the already high membership costs.
Guy: It's cheaper at place X WITH shipping.
Me: ??? I'm not sure what you're arguing here...you're just proving my point.
Guy: There's no cheaper option for Fiona Apple.
Me: Um...they're the ONLY option and it hasn't been pressed since like 2016. (wtf is even going on here?)
Guy: crickets

I’ve spent quite some time over the past two days mulling over whether I should resubscribe to grab the Fiona exclusive and also take advantage of the store credit offer.

Yeah agree, but I really wanted this album and wasn't prepared to take a risk in it selling out before its open for public consumption. I'll flip Interpol, which will hopefully cover some of the cost of the exercise anyway.

To me, signing back up to VMP for this one month, is like having to use a smelly portable toilet at a festival - you're only in their for a minute to do what you need, and then your back out in the fresh air to party.

looks like they upped the price on the "get $25 off" deal. It's now get $25 off $150+ on ready-to-ship records.
Welp, it was fun while it lasted. That deal isn't going to get me to spend my credits any time soon.

They probably realized that when the current ROTMs went on sale, you could get 3 1LPs for ~$25 each.

Welp, it was fun while it lasted. That deal isn't going to get me to spend my credits any time soon.

They probably realized that when the current ROTMs went on sale, you could get 3 1LPs for ~$25 each.
i got three of the jazz dispensary titles for $28 each with the sale + my $25 credit from re-subbing for 3 months. almost went back to buy three more albums but honestly couldn't find 3 that i really needed so i just left it.

i got three of the jazz dispensary titles for $28 each with the sale + my $25 credit from re-subbing for 3 months. almost went back to buy three more albums but honestly couldn't find 3 that i really needed so i just left it.
I grabbed 4 of the ones that were around $25, so they all ended up being under $20 out of pocket. I did the same thing where I tried to put together another order but just didn't need to at this point. Would've been 7 records plus my ROTM shipment. With the school year starting back up, I just didn't have the time. I'll wait and use my credit on that nonexistent Impulse set.

I was looking for stuff that I wanted/was interested in when I picked up the fiona, but "ready-to-ship" meant that fiona didn't qualify, so....nah

Back