Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Just got shipping notice on Henderson. Not sure why they did not wait until next week when the Withers ROTM is supposed to arrive and ship them together. But that is why they hire smart people with MBAs
Bundled shipping is merely a myth. Firing off a couple million packages across the globe individually is just good business.

You guys on the fence about the Alan Shorter record because of the price should not hesitate to pick it up. I have the CD and that goes from $30 to $60 used. $38 for a AAA pressing with a tip-on jacket is a no brainer.

EH1cxrUWsAE8nYz.jpg

EH1cxx7W4AEfN0u.jpg

I pondered it for a couple of days but each listen on YouTube pushed me closer to buying it & last night I finally did.

My credit card isn’t pleased but my ears will be forever thankful.

So live chat is disabled again. Pauly went on the subreddit to explain its because they're inundated with CS tickets. Said these problems are uncommon and they haven't happened recently. Went on to say they don't have frequent issues.

wut

Whatever vmp is slipping pauly is some good shit, makes you kiss up to your superiors who've treated you like shit for years and makes all the problems go away! Bunch of the users must be drinking some too, the way they praise the fuck out of CS. The cult-y mindset is fucking weird. I haven't subbed in over 2 years but find their continued die-hard audience absolutely baffling.

Edit: Oh and bring the slightest critique and meet the flood of downvotes. They really are building their own "Cult of 45$ records" over there.

Last edited:
So live chat is disabled again. Pauly went on the subreddit to explain its because they're inundated with CS tickets. Said these problems are uncommon and they haven't happened recently. Went on to say they don't have frequent issues.

wut

Whatever vmp is slipping pauly is some good shit, makes you kiss up to your superiors who've treated you like shit for years and makes all the problems go away! Bunch of the users must be drinking some too, the way they praise the fuck out of CS. The cult-y mindset is fucking weird. I haven't subbed in over 2 years but find their continued die-hard audience absolutely baffling.
They just aren't detail-oriented people, which is weird because the hobby is notoriously detail-oriented. They've found that Gen Z/Millenial niche of consumers that only care about fickle ownership of something instead of genuine interest. Buy to buy because it's there, not because you care. It's part of what will eventually push the format out of favor when people realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to collect/move/maintain these heavy discs and the honeymoon phase wears off.

They just aren't detail-oriented people, which is weird because the hobby is notoriously detail-oriented. They've found that Gen Z/Millenial niche of consumers that only care about fickle ownership of something instead of genuine interest. Buy to buy because it's there, not because you care. It's part of what will eventually push the format out of favor when people realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to collect and move these heavy discs and the honeymoon phase wears off.
This makes sense. Sad shitty sense. But what really beats me is how they've managed to change the mindset of their members. You cant post a complaint because people don't want to hear them. They have more loyalty for the company then they do fellow hobbyists/subscribers, and will call YOU out for being a "hater" or whatever.

This makes sense. Sad shitty sense. But what really beats me is how they've managed to change the mindset of their members. You cant post a complaint because people don't want to hear them. They have more loyalty for the company then they do fellow hobbyists/subscribers, and will call YOU out for being a "hater" or whatever.
Yep it’s basically become a personality trait to be a blind fanboy/girl of a subscription service. All because they deliver the colored grailz

It feels like part of what’s going on is that people want to believe they’re not throwing their money away, and the more you charge, the harder they’ll fight to justify it. They’ve also cleverly marketed themselves towards those who might tend to be less familiar with vinyl (generally speaking, and I could include myself in that category, though I feel like I’ve learned quite a bit in the past few years) and not know what level of quality to expect for the amount they’re charging.

They just aren't detail-oriented people, which is weird because the hobby is notoriously detail-oriented. They've found that Gen Z/Millenial niche of consumers that only care about fickle ownership of something instead of genuine interest. Buy to buy because it's there, not because you care. It's part of what will eventually push the format out of favor when people realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to collect/move/maintain these heavy discs and the honeymoon phase wears off.
I'm far from the crowd you've mentioned. So far I've had good luck with getting good discs the first time. I love music but am only a couple of years new to vinyl. I'm all-in. I'm mainly here for classics and some tracks that I would not have selected myself in other tracks, but have grown to love. If it becomes a pain I will move on to other services. I like the "disc of the month" or whatever on here as well. I got in on an annual, have gotten ton of great music, and still have a low price due to being grandfathered in. If that changes I may change then.

I'm far from the crowd you've mentioned. So far I've had good luck with getting good discs the first time. I love music but am only a couple of years new to vinyl. I'm all-in. I'm mainly here for classics and some tracks that I would not have selected myself in other tracks, but have grown to love. If it becomes a pain I will move on to other services. I like the "disc of the month" or whatever on here as well. I got in on an annual, have gotten ton of great music, and still have a low price due to being grandfathered in. If that changes I may change then.
Yeah don’t get me wrong, it’s a great club for a certain few and for a certain amount of time. I think I overstayed my welcome and now have plenty of albums that don’t get much play because of it. All in the name of music discovery (though I’d discovered many of these bands before and likely wouldn’t buy the albums outside of a subscription service).

Right now it's a rather expensive colored vinyl subscription with bad qc with it could be/had been so much more. Opportunity squandered.
See I think this is oversimplified. If you have a ton of vinyl already then I can see how it would be a waist. To me Classics has been the best track, and Country so far. If you have a cheaper price (as I do) And are interested in building a collection while discovering some things and using swaps, it can be great. QC seems to be the biggest gripe. I can totally understand that. For me... I've only had to return two discs in two years.

See I think this is oversimplified. If you have a ton of vinyl already then I can see how it would be a waist. To me Classics has been the best track, and Country so far. If you have a cheaper price (as I do) And are interested in building a collection while discovering some things and using swaps, it can be great. QC seems to be the biggest gripe. I can totally understand that. For me... I've only had to return two discs in two years.
Agreed. I keep my subscription active because VMP has a good track record of producing definitive pressing editions of great albums, if it was just colored vinyl I wouldn’t be as compelled to subscribe.

Agreed. I keep my subscription active because VMP has a good track record of producing definitive pressing editions of great albums, if it was just colored vinyl I wouldn’t be as compelled to subscribe.
The jackets feel nice but the definitive aspect is thanks to a well thought out marketing strategy. They get the occasional AAA but otherwise it’s colored vinyl, a number stamp and the intoxicating build up to the VMP treatment. Just doesn’t feel justified for the 100% markup they charge.

Back