Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

anD just like that its out of my cart woo! Need to catch up on BN CL series anyways before some Wilkins
The Wilkins album is definitely worthwhile, great music and great pressing. But should stay readily available on the regular market for a while, I'd imagine.

as an aside, just got a text alert they only have 4 herbie box sets left. i'm really into herbie and would love the piano and the river (especially because am just really getting into joni....) but i'm not dropping 350+ on a box with so many pressing issues...

as an aside, just got a text alert they only have 4 herbie box sets left. i'm really into herbie and would love the piano and the river (especially because am just really getting into joni....) but i'm not dropping 350+ on a box with so many pressing issues...

I wonder how many they had to break open in order to get enough replacement copies for all the issues.

FWIW the pressing issues were much more inconsistent compared to say, what's going on with the Mars Volta. In my case, every record that needed to be replaced was fixed after the first time except for Head Hunters (which was just a major warping issue, the album itself sounded great)

It was a hassle initially but now that everything is gravy, I love my box. $350 is still a pretty steep asking price though, so I totally understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it.

FWIW the pressing issues were much more inconsistent compared to say, what's going on with the Mars Volta. In my case, every record that needed to be replaced was fixed after the first time except for Head Hunters (which was just a major warping issue, the album itself sounded great)

It was a hassle initially but now that everything is gravy, I love my box. $350 is still a pretty steep asking price though, so I totally understand people not wanting to drop that kind of money on it.

I'll second this. It was pricey, but the Herbie Anthology is awesome, and I'm glad I bought it.

I was on the fence (pressed at GZ, and already had Headhunters and Takin' Off), so I waited to order until I read some reviews. The mastering is amazing. The Piano is stunning. Maiden Voyage is perfect. 1+1 is sounds way better than the CD I have. And to my ears, the Anthology version of Takin' Off sounds far superior to the BN80 version, and I like the Anthology version of Headhunters better than my AP version, although that's close, and probably partly psychological because I spent so much on the box.

I did have one bad disc (no fill on Disc 1 of The River) which was replaced, and some minor warping on a couple others, which seems normal for GZ.

If it's financially within your means and you don't mind asking for replacements (if needed), I recommend it.

Picked up Destroyer's Rubies, my favorite album of his and I haven't seen it at a reasonable price in a while, so this seemed like as little risk of a purchase as there can be with VMP these days.

Reactions: mgp
Back