Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Oh, it's coming...sometime! Check out this twitter thread on the graphic design elements of the Boots (and subsequent Nancy & Lee) package:

Are VMP going to sell this through store? or is this just about the upcoming LITA release?

Are VMP going to sell this through store? or is this just about the upcoming LITA release?
Much cheaper through LITA, though probably not for those outside the U.S.

Much cheaper through LITA, though probably not for those outside the U.S.

TBH might even be able to get that a little cheaper in the UK, that's a lot of dollars for a single LP

Is this album actually good? Appears to be a bunch of covers and her one famous single which I have never cared for.

If you've never cared for it, probably not worth bothering with. I would have preferred the Lee Hazlewood / Sinatra completely LITA did, but looks like a missed out on that for the moment

(I do find that Kevin Morby cover offensive off-putting, it might be the best album ever, but I'll probably never listen to it 😂 )

Assuming you are talking about Nancy & Lee, rather than Boots?

I read the graphic designer's tweets to be solely about the LITA release (VMP hiring a real graphic designer to master a classic album cover... come on!?). That said, a VMP version seems pretty likely given past relationships b/w LITA and VMP.

Is this album actually good? Appears to be a bunch of covers and her one famous single which I have never cared for.
As with all things, it's good for those that like it. I'm neither here nor there on this one, just noticed that VMP was once again charging exorbitant prices on an exclusive with variants widely available elsewhere for much less. I really do think VMP has built their pricing structure for the international market, with shipping factored in, and are thrilled that some U.S. customers are actually willing to pay those same prices.

Did you see this little bit of rascality in the VMP copy

'Some of modern music’s greatest talents like Mick Jagger, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan made appearances on the album as writers for songs such as “As Tears Go By,” “Day Tripper” and “It Ain’t Me Babe,” to name just a few.'

That to me implies that the songs were written by the above for Nancy as opposed to the reality that she covered a bunch of tunes she liked.... covered brilliantly in my view but some massive flexibility in presentation there from VMP

If I trade my monthly swap for store credit can I use that for adding extra tracks in the future, or is it strictly for store purchases?

Bummed to have missed Outkast twice, and not sure what to do this month.
Swap choices are absolutely terrible.

Was considering The Doors but not sure I want to spend $42 on it given the reviews I’ve been reading all morning.
Have everything else I want and don’t want to “settle” for some record that will just end up sitting there forever.

Y
If I trade my monthly swap for store credit can I use that for adding extra tracks in the future, or is it strictly for store purchases?

Bummed to have missed Outkast twice, and not sure what to do this month.
Swap choices are absolutely terrible.

Was considering The Doors but not sure I want to spend $42 on it given the reviews I’ve been reading all morning.
Have everything else I want and don’t want to “settle” for some record that will just end up sitting there forever.
You can use it for extra tracks, but you have to reach out to have their customer service to convert the credits from Store Credits to Membership Credits.

There’s no way to do this on your own, but they usually knock it out pretty fast.

Last edited:
Back