Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I will probably pickup the Joe Henderson and will have to give Bill Evans a stream. The concept behind the album sounds interesting.
I have both, black vinyl pressings from a few years ago (these are the same plates) and both sound superb. The colored vinyl is a bad sonic choice here, particularly for the Evans, as there are many quiet passages.
Neither are really essentials for either artist, although both are interesting. The Henderson is more subdued than his fiery Milestone records from around this period, while the Evans is an interesting session that mostly works, and Evans is superb and involved.

I have both, black vinyl pressings from a few years ago (these are the same plates) and both sound superb. The colored vinyl is a bad sonic choice here, particularly for the Evans, as there are many quiet passages.
Neither are really essentials for either artist, although both are interesting. The Henderson is more subdued than his fiery Milestone records from around this period, while the Evans is an interesting session that mostly works, and Evans is superb and involved.
I am seeing some of the MPS reissues show up at LRS and Amazon so I will save my $$ and get black vinyl versions. Both are listed on Amazon.ca but only the Evans has a release date and price.

Im late to the party but did anyone picked up the VMP Pharoah Sanders/Floating Points release?

I finally got to listen to my copy and it is RIDDLED with pops, clicks and crackle from start to finish. It's honestly unlistenable and I have already given it a proper clean. I have reached out to CS but I do know that a batch was lost in transit, I'm just hoping they kept a handful for replacements as I have been really looking forward to this one specifically.

Im late to the party but did anyone picked up the VMP Pharoah Sanders/Floating Points release?

I finally got to listen to my copy and it is RIDDLED with pops, clicks and crackle from start to finish. It's honestly unlistenable and I have already given it a proper clean. I have reached out to CS but I do know that a batch was lost in transit, I'm just hoping they kept a handful for replacements as I have been really looking forward to this one specifically.
I got a copy but haven't listened to it all, it sounded good.

edit - sorry, doesn't matter if they don't have anymore copies

Mine was dead quiet and sounds great. Hope you can get a replacement…

I got a copy but haven't listened to it all, it sounded good.

edit - sorry, doesn't matter if they don't have anymore copies

Mine was dead quiet and sounds great. Hope you can get a replacement…
Well, at least I now have confirmation that there are decent copies out there then. Cheers guys and I have my fingers crossed for a replacement!

They don’t have a single copy left unfortunately (mine copy is missing in transit).
Just seen this and as it happens they just reached out to confirm that there are no copies left.

Damn, damn, damn!

I would just go out for a standard copy but they have long sold out and go for crazy money online. I will run it through the record cleaner again and pay special attention to it, hopefully, it irons out the issues but im not hopeful....

Just seen this and as it happens they just reached out to confirm that there are no copies left.

Damn, damn, damn!

I would just go out for a standard copy but they have long sold out and go for crazy money online. I will run it through the record cleaner again and pay special attention to it, hopefully, it irons out the issues but im not hopeful....
Sucks man…risk you take going an exclusive route I guess:(
I’ll keep my eye out at my locals for ya

Sucks man…risk you take going an exclusive route I guess:(
I’ll keep my eye out at my locals for ya
Yeah, to be fair I was happy getting it at a slightly cheaper price (came out to £21) so it was a gamble. Its one of the only times I have had an issue with VMP where they weren't able to replace it.....had to happen eventually I guess.

Damn, damn, damn!

Acoustic Sounds takes preorders for it, so it will get a repress at some point apparently.

Does anyone have information regarding a Vinyl release of Charlotte Day Wilson's debut album? I figured VMP might get an Exclusive since CDW was a Rising Star and got her earlier EPs pressed through VMP.

But with all the recent delays, it might take some time until this album sees a physical release.

Does anyone have information regarding a Vinyl release of Charlotte Day Wilson's debut album? I figured VMP might get an Exclusive since CDW was a Rising Star and got her earlier EPs pressed through VMP.

But with all the recent delays, it might take some time until this album sees a physical release.

A vinyl release is on the way as you have a chance to win a copy from this site but I haven’t seen any details on it otherwise.

my fav' Rising album

Back