Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I’m in

its for me. I like these system testers - got one from the 70s with some really amazing sonic highlights. I had some credit stacked up from a few ROTMs that I wasn’t interested in, so it was quite an easy decision. Also, these kind of oddities are also quite sought after by hifi nuts, so I don’t think it’s going to be a flop. Each to their own :)
Right on! Hope you were able to snag one. It looks sold out now.

Seems odd, as it is a VMP Exclusive pressing. Wondering why they'd waste the money on pressing only a few copies. I may be a fool, but I definitely would've liked to grab this one.
From what I gather it's leftovers from some Marantz promotion from a year ago or so*.

*Timeline may be off give or take two-to-three years.

I just cannot believe that sold out so quickly. Is this another case of flippers jumping on this stuff ?
Well, I can only speak for myself and say that these sort of records are fantastic for calibrating your kit, recalibrating if you move home or change room layout, as a show off piece for friends, as a teacher for learning how to listen technically, as a curio for a collection, and finally as a very well recorded and pressed LP for listening pleasure. When you think about it, it offers more utility than most LPs.

Seems odd, as it is a VMP Exclusive pressing. Wondering why they'd waste the money on pressing only a few copies. I may be a fool, but I definitely would've liked to grab this one.
They said they will be releasing more. Click the waitlist me button and hope it doesn’t sell out quickly again. I did notice it was also for sale on the Marantz link, but it’s sold out there now too

From what I gather it's leftovers from some Marantz promotion from a year ago or so*.

*Timeline may be off give or take two-to-three years.

Exactly, this isn't a "new" release, it came out last year where you bought some fancy overpriced system from Marantz and it came with those records included. These were probably overstock and by all accounts there are plans to press more.

As an aside, I just got back from my local record store, where I picked up a copy of the VMP release of James Booker's Classified for 11 bucks. Hell yeah.

Exactly, this isn't a "new" release, it came out last year where you bought some fancy overpriced system from Marantz and it came with those records included. These were probably overstock and by all accounts there are plans to press more.

As an aside, I just got back from my local record store, where I picked up a copy of the VMP release of James Booker's Classified for 11 bucks. Hell yeah.
Makes sense. I'm usually pretty in tune with VMP's releases, so that must've flown a bit under the radar. Cool to hear they'll be pressing more. I have a few nice pressings I use to test my system after making upgrades or alterations. It'd be nice to have something specifically setup for that. Thanks for the info!

Totally. There were several other used VMP records there but this was far and away the best deal they had. It was at AFK Records and Books in Virginia Beach so maybe @Ethos99 is dumping his collection. 👀

Absolutely not! I would dump them in the Pif thread first!

I did see that however, someone sold over 500 records according to their Instagram.

I'm hoping for something decent in swaps, otherwise going to cancel and wait for a decent month. Probably what's going to happen tbh. I do want that Doors at some point but I may just grab a copy from my local.

Back