Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

FYI for those waiting on Kind Of Blue from Music Direct. I asked them what "unshipped" meant and received this response:

"I see that Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (UHQR 200g Clarity Vinyl LP) is on pre-order status as it has not arrived into stock at Music Direct yet. The status may be listed as “backordered” or “unshipped” as the order has not been processed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I am happy to help!

Thank you

Customer Service"

Actually, the more I look at this it goes from "Interesting" to "Wtf is this? Who is this target audience? Do I look like a audio equipment store that needs a demo record?"

EDIT: Of all the speculation of what that 4LP store drop could be, I'm guessing absolutely nobody would've guessed it's this.

This feels like they are testing the limits not only as to how much people will pay for vinyl, but WHAT they will buy when they slap a VMP hype sticker on it.

You know what? Credit where credit’s due, even Reddit is scratching their heads on this one.

I’m mostly wondering if that’s it for today. Their post from yesterday made it sound like there’d be other stuff dropping.
They've fired off their store drop email so that's likely it.

I smell this is a future swap for members

Looks like it sold out, my guess is they only had a handful of leftovers but their teaser did imply more would be on the way.

If it did eventually find its way into swaps mmmmmaybe I might spring for it, just to test how shitty my setup really is. But definitely not full price for it.

I’m in
I’m not even sure the folks over at Reddit would be interested in this. Idk who this is for.
its for me. I like these system testers - got one from the 70s with some really amazing sonic highlights. I had some credit stacked up from a few ROTMs that I wasn’t interested in, so it was quite an easy decision. Also, these kind of oddities are also quite sought after by hifi nuts, so I don’t think it’s going to be a flop. Each to their own :)

Back