Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I'm in a 70s building with post boxes, but we get buzzed for packages and a pickup notice that requires a trip to Shoppers Drug Mart the next day if we miss the buzz. But I'm pretty sure even the houses in our area are not on super boxes (yet!)
Oh I hate that trip to shoppers. Thankfully now it either gets delivered to my door or community mailbox unless it requires a signature or duties, which is rarely.

At $1 more than the add-on I removed yesterday, this was a no-brainer for me!

Be curious to hear your thoughts once it drops.
I passed on the VMP release but will certainly listen to the album when it drops. Seems to be a fusion of sorts with a mix of different genres thrown in. The sample track didn't blow me away personally but I imagine it will be a great album all the same!

I passed on the VMP release but will certainly listen to the album when it drops. Seems to be a fusion of sorts with a mix of different genres thrown in. The sample track didn't blow me away personally but I imagine it will be a great album all the same!

I'm the same, but I ordered the VMP on the basis I could cancel later after hearing more of the album. It doesn't get released until July.

The only problem is I did that with a few other pre-orders & forgot about them until they get sent out.

If you use a code at Fat Possum, you get Spiritualized for 29 shipped in the USA.

1x Spiritualized - Pure Phase - Glow In The Dark Vinyl - $30.00
Discounts : $-6.00 USD
Order Notes:
Subtotal : $24.00 USD
Shipping : $5.00 USD
Total : $29.00 USD

And faster than VMP in most cases. I'd rather get it direct from the label.

If you use a code at Fat Possum, you get Spiritualized for 29 shipped in the USA.

1x Spiritualized - Pure Phase - Glow In The Dark Vinyl - $30.00
Discounts : $-6.00 USD
Order Notes:
Subtotal : $24.00 USD
Shipping : $5.00 USD
Total : $29.00 USD

And faster than VMP in most cases. I'd rather get it direct from the label.
What code did you use?

In non-Saba shitshow news, I just got an email officially confirmed Floating Points/Pharoah Sanders is delayed to May, which I noticed had changed on my orders page a week or so ago.
Orders page now has it at mid-June. :\

Reminder that this was originally meant to come out in mid-April, which was even then several weeks later than its release elsewhere.

Weirdest one (to me) was getting a shipping notice for Matthew Dear, an album with a street date of June 25th

Ha! I knew something like this was coming

"We’re gonna fess up...we’ve sent you a package by mistake, and it includes a record that is soon to be released.

An artist chooses a release date based on so many factors, many of which can be near and dear to their hearts. We ask that you keep this in mind when you receive your copy.

You’re one of the lucky few to get it early, so please respect the artist’s wishes and keep this one to yourself until the designated release date. If you can handle it, maybe even wait until the release date to give it the first spin!

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and hope that you’ll honor the artist’s wishes!"

"We’re gonna fess up...we’ve sent you a package by mistake, and it includes a record that is soon to be released.

An artist chooses a release date based on so many factors, many of which can be near and dear to their hearts. We ask that you keep this in mind when you receive your copy.

You’re one of the lucky few to get it early, so please respect the artist’s wishes and keep this one to yourself until the designated release date. If you can handle it, maybe even wait until the release date to give it the first spin!

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and hope that you’ll honor the artist’s wishes!"
They did it with Mustafa as well according to reddit. I guess in their rush to clear orders they done fucked up.

I used the code to pick up both the GItD Pure Phase and the white LGM and it came to $53 shipped - apparently, Fat Possum doesn’t charge sales tax.
well now I’m second-guessing this purchase. I just pulled out my Plain recordings press of Pure Phase and see that it’s labeled as “Guaranteed High Fidelity” - that sounds a lot better than Fat Possum’s “WE’RE TRYING OUR BEST.”

CA03339A-68EB-46B0-B0E9-E6F95606E2E7.jpeg

Thanks! Now I have to decide if I trust Memphis Pressings with a G-I-T-D pressing🤔
I hate Memphis Pressings, went through three copies of my Helena Deland VMP record trying to get a copy that wasnt fukt and no dice, just ended up requesting a refund. Their vinyl is noisy and sensitive, I've noticed any sort of warps on a memphis pressing are very much audible and result in a whoosing noise that plays everytime the stylus tracks through the warp. not sure if the jackets come through them either but they're also super flimsy and meh, seam splits on the inners and outer every time. Can't remember the other record I got from them but I remember it always being bad news

They did that for Frances Quinlan as well. I posted it on Instagram and tagged them both....by accident...

So, apparently the weird “add on” track that I got last month (though I am not currently a VMP member) is still in effect. I emailed them I really don’t want the Rap/Hip-Hop track this month. I emailed them today to see if they could switch me over to Classics. I don’t mind paying $33 for an add-on when I am not having to paying for the overpriced membership costs.

Back