Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Yeah, I do get a free membership with VMP. I got it at the start of this year! When VMP had the store merge, it was a massive shitshow and it was disastrous for them. I was really optimistic through the whole situation and even sent supportive messages to the team. I had issues with my account, but still renewed and was understanding of it, still optimistic at the time and was very patient. Shortly after, I got an email from the VMP team saying they really appreciate me and they said they want me to be a VMP member for life, for free. So yes, I’ve got free membership for as long as VMP are around! 🙏

Before this occurred though, I was even more charismatic about VMP exclusives and was always recommending releases and reviewing exclusives I loved etc! You should’ve seen me in the VMP forum! It was next level Tys! Haha

I don’t do it as much anymore. I still love VMP and that obviously shows and I am genuine with my thoughts on them and their exclusives. I still agree with a lot of the criticisms people have of them and I can admit that their shipping deadlines and customer service is overall is poor! 📊

However, ever since I got the free membership (for life), a lot of people don’t see me as genuine when I talk optimistically of a VMP exclusive. A lot of people know it’s just me being my usual self, but others think I’m some kind of sponsored VMP person, or am non empathetic as I don’t pay for membership etc. Like I dunno, a lot of people don’t take any of what I say as seriously anymore and I’m OK with that! 😃👍🤷‍♂️

But yes, I do get free membership with VMP! Just wanted to give you the backstory on how it happened and everything 😊

Post sponsored and brought to you by VMP

Oh I forgot (see above meme).... @NathanRicaud ask vinyl digi to send ur stuff DHL. I had 4 records sitting there for months. Asked em if I owed em still after what I'd already paid shipping for DHL they said nope ur good and it's coming tomorrow! 5 days since it was sent

Lol.

All I’m saying is, worry about yourself. Getting yourself all worked up about what other people choose to buy isn’t great for your blood pressure.
You have a point. Even though this comment was very snarky, I see what you were trying to say. Nobody needed or asked for my input here and it's not beneficial to anyone for me to type paragraph upon paragraph about something that, in the grand scheme of things, does not really affect me all that much. I do disagree with your initial message, that it isn't what people buy that upsets me, but just how VMP conducts business. Maybe I ended up conflating the two, if so, it wasn't intentional. I need to learn to bow out and let things progress as they will. I was doing good about that for a bit and then for some reason I started wading back in here and that was a poor decision on my part. As I said, people are going to buy what they're going to buy and that's fine, I'm not going to argue against that. If that's how I came off, then that's my fault for not being clear. I think it's best if I just avoid vomiting the same old thing over and over in these threads and that way I'm not wasting my or anyone else's time and the people who actually want to use these threads for their intended purpose don't have to deal with my rambling.

You have a point. Even though this comment was very snarky, I see what you were trying to say. Nobody needed or asked for my input here and it's not beneficial to anyone for me to type paragraph upon paragraph about something that, in the grand scheme of things, does not really affect me all that much. I do disagree with your initial message, that it isn't what people buy that upsets me, but just how VMP conducts business. Maybe I ended up conflating the two, if so, it wasn't intentional. I need to learn to bow out and let things progress as they will. I was doing good about that for a bit and then for some reason I started wading back in here and that was a poor decision on my part. As I said, people are going to buy what they're going to buy and that's fine, I'm not going to argue against that. If that's how I came off, then that's my fault for not being clear. I think it's best if I just avoid vomiting the same old thing over and over in these threads and that way I'm not wasting my or anyone else's time and the people who actually want to use these threads for their intended purpose don't have to deal with my rambling.

Can we have a thread where those of us who like your ramblings can follow?

“The Ruminations of Gap on Stuff”

Can we have a thread where those of us who like your ramblings can follow?

“The Ruminations of Gap on Stuff”
I guess my profile posts count as that. Although I probably could stand to visit the Cafe more often. Then again I'm pretty omnipresent on here (sorry to anyone who doesn't like me) so just check a thread and I've probably word vomited there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing in here is Nathan’s fault or responsibility.

Correct. Other than his own purchases and spending his retirement fund on records, he’s not responsible for any decisions anyone else makes. If someone else discussing a record they love makes you feel pressured to buy it, or you’re generally spending beyond your means (Nathan, this is also you 😙) then, sincerely, seek help. We need a support group on here, Consumers Anonymous.. though there’s probably better forums for it.

Why even bother with mockups then?
Alright, what time does Spiritualized go live tomorrow? Haven't really kept up as of late. Is it going to be 12 or 5? Or something far more inconvenient for most involved?

Most likely 5 pm Eastern. If it ends up being later in the day they'll say something on social media because everyone will be yelling at them.

We need a support group on here, Consumers Anonymous
There is this...

Correct. Other than his own purchases and spending his retirement fund on records, he’s not responsible for any decisions anyone else makes. If someone else discussing a record they love makes you feel pressured to buy it, or you’re generally spending beyond your means (Nathan, this is also you 😙) then, sincerely, seek help. We need a support group on here, Consumers Anonymous.. though there’s probably better forums for it.
I don’t feel like I need help though because I still would make sure I have a decent amount of money in my account for travelling! I understand why I spent all my retirement fund on vinyl - because I’m very YOLO. I’m just a bit strange because I am honesty am YOLO and am someone that lives a very different lifestyle!! 😅

I don’t need help with my spending (just because I splurged my retirement fund), I need help trying to find a boyfriend, preferably a music/vinyl or travel boyfriend! Ever since the lockdown and travelling plans cancelled, I’ve been a bit worried that I’m going to be single forever because I live with Mum and Dad and do factory work and I can’t go out to bars, restaurants or clubs or concerts! 😂:cry:

there is little in life worth going into debt for, and records aren’t it, my friend. trust me.

very sincerely,

someone still paying off debts for things they felt were ‘worth going in debt for’ back in college and through their 20s.
Travel is definitely worth being in debt for! I strongly believe in that! But I was very lucky because I was able to pay $18,000 off quickly due to me working night shift at Pfizer (the money was crazy good), and I don’t have to pay for anything living with my parents so it’s even more easier!

But the thing is, it’s not a nice feeling being in debt because you’re at a ‘minus’ level and need to sacrifice a lot! It’s like punishment! It does make feel much better though when you get a job that pays extremely well. Like it’s much more motivating.

I would never ask my parents or any of my friends to lend me money for vinyl though!

I don’t feel like I need help though because I still would make sure I have a decent amount of money in my account for travelling! I understand why I spent all my retirement fund on vinyl - because I’m very YOLO. I’m just a bit strange because I am honesty am YOLO and am someone that lives a very different lifestyle!! 😅

I don’t need help with my spending (just because I splurged my retirement fund), I need help trying to find a boyfriend, preferably a music/vinyl or travel boyfriend! Ever since the lockdown and travelling plans cancelled, I’ve been a bit worried that I’m going to be single forever because I live with Mum and Dad and do factory work and I can’t go out to bars, restaurants or clubs or concerts! 😂:cry:

No offence but mooching off parents to pay for expensive hobbies is really not all that “different”...

No offence but mooching off parents to pay for expensive hobbies is really not all that “different”...
I’m going to try and change that though and move out of home! It’s weird though because when I move into a share house, I don’t think I’ll have the luxury of just playing music whenever I want, especially at a loud volume! 😅

I’m going to try and change that though and move out of home! It’s weird though because when I move into a share house, I don’t think I’ll have the luxury of just playing music whenever I want, especially at a loud volume! 😅

I mean it’s not the living at home that I’m talking about Nathan, living at home when single and low paid is often a really sensible decision and I’m not knocking it, particularly given the questionable affordability of property for the current generations. The question is in that situation: is anything being given back to make it a situation where it’s a responsible adult paying their way and pulling their weight; or is it an overgrown teenager still living at home giving nothing back.

I mean it’s not the living at home that I’m talking about Nathan, living at home when single and low paid is often a really sensible decision and I’m not knocking it, particularly given the questionable affordability of property for the current generations. The question is in that situation: is anything being given back to make it a situation where it’s a responsible adult paying their way and pulling their weight; or is it an overgrown teenager still living at home giving nothing back.
No, I am living at home giving nothing back, but I’ll try and change that! I do take my family out for dinner occasionally but will do that more often :)

I’m going to cook more for the family as well, especially healthy food even though my parents would prefer their own cooking more lol!

Back