Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Woooo just got shipment emails for all my outstanding records (except alfredo and next to you). All one tracking number too. This is after emailing them yesterday so if you're still waiting I would highly suggest doing that.

The black vinyl version, it's par for the course for their colored version to come out 2-3 months after the black.
Yeah, I know but that timeline is pretty bizarre. I honestly don't know why so many (including myself) put up with that. I just want to spin it without having to buy a standard copy too. Wouldn't they be pressed at the same time?

VMP doesn’t really get credit for this, as they just did a colour variant, but the Fionas showed up yesterday and Fetch the Bolt Cutters sounds fantastic! It should be a gatefold though. Haven’t checked out when the pawn yet.

I signed up for the 3 for 2 deal last month on 7/10 with Experience Unlimited, also ordered Dashboard, and am supposed to get Classics this month. They never shipped out last month's record so I reached out and they said they'll ship it with this month's. Today I asked when I should expect it to ship and they said it should ship within the next 2 weeks 😲 😲 😲 So I'm thinking getting tracking numbers after sending an email may be a coincidence?

I signed up for the 3 for 2 deal last month on 7/10 with Experience Unlimited, also ordered Dashboard, and am supposed to get Classics this month. They never shipped out last month's record so I reached out and they said they'll ship it with this month's. Today I asked when I should expect it to ship and they said it should ship within the next 2 weeks 😲 😲 😲 So I'm thinking getting tracking numbers after sending an email may be a coincidence?
Could be for sure. FWIW I only got the shipment emails, not a reply to my support request.

I'm with you on this kind of shows having their issues. I'm glad they're highlighting culinary cultures that feel close to mine, but I sense a tad of whitewashing throughout the series. I don't know about the previous season, but on the Latin America one it was annoying to see mostly white local "scholars" validate the food, work and culture of brown and indigenous people. Like the centuries-old tradition of tlayudas in Oaxaca needed the "blessing" of white people to be absolutely delicious and amazing.

I wasn't previously familiar, but specifically tuned in for the Seattle episode of No Passport Required. I appreciated how he focused on one specific style of cuisine seen through the lens of the immigrant experience and how the food (in this case, Filipino) shaped, and has been shaped by, the city. I haven't eaten at all of the places he went, but the ones I've had were fantastic.

I just checked my order status and it no longer says it has an early September shipping date:

View attachment 62306

We'll probably start seeing shipping notifications for it in the next week or so.

Of course, my other 2 albums that are showing In Stock (Andrews and Buford) are the only ones yet to have shipped. On day 6 of no response from CS. Fun times.

Got my When the Pawn today. What were the complaints again? The tip on looks fine but yes the cover art is pretty underwhelming and for $32 it’s a pretty meh package for such a monumental album. Especially after receiving BVSC, which is just stellar all the way around.

the BVSC print is truly a good reminder of how great the prints can be when they do them well. Easily the best and most memorable imo. Love the stock they chose and the booklet is nice too. Pressing sounds great too. This is what the VMP package should look like every single month at this price point. Bonus sticker is a nice touch as well.

Last edited:
Got my When the Pawn today. What were the complaints again? The tip on looks fine but yes the cover art is pretty underwhelming and for $32 it’s a pretty meh package for such a monumental album. Especially after receiving BVSC, which is just stellar all the way around.
Yeah, I think people are bummed it didn’t receive the same treatment as Tidal. IMO it turned out fine. nothing wrong with the pressing to my ears either. The record was flat and static free. Maybe there is some dynamic range type things that my non-audiophile ears and system aren’t picking up on but I am satisfied with this.

I just got five shipping notices and all the records have the same tracking number, so they’ve been bundled together! 🙌😄

In this package, I’ve got:

Fiona Apple - When The Pawn...
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Lord Finesse - The Awakening
The Bar-Kays - Money Talks
Cornelius - Fantasma

I ordered Whitney Houston, Willie Nelson and Jaunt together with Salt-N-Pepa’s Black Magic and Afro-Peruvian Classics: The Soul of Black Peru. Whitney Houston and Jaunt are in stock and the other two don’t ship til later (Salt-N-Pepa doesn’t ship until November), so I’m going to hit up Customer Service and see if they can split the orders and ship out the ones in stock! I’m keen as mustard to get that Whitney Houston and spin that Willie Nelson AP pressing!

So...
I just got a shipping notice for Hail Cesar.
It took two firm emails to customer service to get it shipped.

My sub is up at the end of September and I’m out.

Still have $35 in credit to spend, so I think I’m going to find something/anything that I like which they have in hand and get that. Hopefully I will make a clean break that way.

I really, really, wanted to enjoy my experience with VMP, and have gotten some great stuff from them, but, as we all know, the price increases and crap service have made me pack it in.

Its pretty saddening, to be honest.

I’ve had 4 shipping notices in the past 3 days. Only in-stock album I’m waiting on now is the Minecraft soundtrack and that’s only recently come into stock. For everyone emailing and receiving shipping notices with no reply it’s possible it’s a coincidence and CS haven’t even read your email. I haven’t emailed at all but, if I had, would’ve put the flurry of shipping notices down to my contacting CS.

Back