Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

This is my last month so I'm getting Spiritualized anyway. My issue with price is being locked in and getting crap with no swaps. If this is good and I buy it and end up never listening to it, I have the piece of mind that I can usually resell VMP versions for at least what they cost.. signing up for three months of unknown for the new premium is another issue all together.

But I thought the same thing, the fomo has been real for a while and people may want to gradually back away.

Not to mention there doesn't seem to be a comparable club to go to that is quite as diverse.
Agree with all of this and it’s my last month too for spiritualized so still planning to pick that up. I have $23 store credit too which I was going to use on Al Green but missed out on it it seems. Not sure if I’ll just see if I can use it on Rollins or hold onto it for now. I’m guessing if your membership lapses you still will have the credit in your account?

as @dhodo said though, at $23 I’d potentially be in on all 3 but now at $33 I’m probably not in on any. And as you said in the past if I didn’t like anything I bought I could easily sell for $23 to get my money back.

At the new prices I don’t feel the need to be a full time subscriber anymore. For every month like this month there will be 3-4 with no album I want to drop $40 on. I know there aren’t many ROTM clubs like VMP but I can also just spend that $40 on a high quality reissue or an album I truly want instead of trying to convince myself that I’ll listen to an album I had never sought out before VMP announced it.

Agree with all of this and it’s my last month too for spiritualized so still planning to pick that up. I have $23 store credit too which I was going to use on Al Green but missed out on it it seems. Not sure if I’ll just see if I can use it on Rollins or hold onto it for now. I’m guessing if your membership lapses you still will have the credit in your account?

as @dhodo said though, at $23 I’d potentially be in on all 3 but now at $33 I’m probably not in on any. And as you said in the past if I didn’t like anything I bought I could easily sell for $23 to get my money back.

At the new prices I don’t feel the need to be a full time subscriber anymore. For every month like this month there will be 3-4 with no album I want to drop $40 on. I know there aren’t many ROTM clubs like VMP but I can also just spend that $40 on a high quality reissue or an album I truly want instead of trying to convince myself that I’ll listen to an album I had never sought out before VMP announced it.

True about the dropping $40+ a month on what they think is a good album. I've been burned too many times and sometimes swapped and made out and sometimes overpaid for a dud.

VMP : No, we announce Spiritualized (which is September) a while back. We'll announce Oct-Dec (for all 3 tracks!) at the end of September.

Seriously, we need a roll-eyes emoji. 🙄

Giving a discount you have to go in blind for.

Edit: in blind on, in blind for? You know what I mean.

Last edited:

VMP : No, we announce Spiritualized (which is September) a while back. We'll announce Oct-Dec (for all 3 tracks!) at the end of September.

my membership is set to renew at the end of September, so this works for me thanfully. I'll be able to see if a 3 month is worth keeping.

sucks for the people who are set to renew this month though.

View attachment 63117

If anyone is interested in this, but doesn't want to buy from VMP, buy here:

I used to purchase from this man and his store when they were in Connecticut. He is a great person who always knew how to please his customers and give them a reason to return time and time again.
From here, you can get black and different colored variants ($20 each), but you will also be able to access a box set with exclusive recordings.

Last edited:
my membership is set to renew at the end of September, so this works for me thanfully. I'll be able to see if a 3 month is worth keeping.

sucks for the people who are set to renew this month though.
Yeah, mine is set to renew on 9/30 so I should have a few days to figure out if I’m sticking around.

Soooo any of those codes knocking about?

I really thought people would be more pissy over Skull Session looking absolutely nothing like its mockup and we'd get a code thrown our way for that. In the end, I only complained to VMP about how horribly warped my copy was, I didn't think saying the colors looked terrible would've made a difference at that point.

They heavily implied a repress of It Serves You Right to Suffer is on the way. Since the last two months have seen highly sought VMP represses (briefly) show up in swaps, I'm wondering if it'll be Hooker's turn tomorrow.
What was the implication? They mentioned Idler Wheel being available as a swap tomorrow in the drop email, so maybe they were referring to that.

Back