Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

What was the implication? They mentioned Idler Wheel being available as a swap tomorrow in the drop email, so maybe they were referring to that.

I don't have it off-hand, but they tweeted a response to someone about it a few weeks back. But yeah I hadn't seen the email they just sent when I wrote that post, so I guess Idler Wheel is this month's big-ticket swaption, and Hooker will be later on.

I really thought people would be more pissy over Skull Session looking absolutely nothing like its mockup and we'd get a code thrown our way for that. In the end, I only complained to VMP about how horribly warped my copy was, I didn't think saying the colors looked terrible would've made a difference at that point.
Mine looks great. Not identical to the mock up bit those color variants NEVER are.

If anyone is interested in this, but doesn't want to buy from VMP, buy here:

I used to purchase from this man and his store when they were in Connecticut. He is a great person who always knew how to please his customers and give them a reason to return time and time again.
From here, you can get black and different colored variants ($20 each), but you will also be able to access a box set with exclusive recordings.

New West Box Set.

New West Box Set.

Chris Razz of Secret Sounds recorded the Razz Tape featured in the box set, which is why I posted his page.

He still is pre-ordering black box sets but that color box is pretty.

Last edited:
View attachment 63119

This is going to get reissued by Modern Harmonic right? The cover looks awesome! I’ll pick up the black standard assuming that’s coming at some point. “It’s a Motherfucker, don’t ya know, they talking bout Nuclear War”.

VMP base: LOL I CANCELLED EVERYTHING GOOD LUCK ASSHOLES ILL NEVER PAY THIS INCREASE

VMP base when add ons are announced: "I will gladly pay whatever is asked of me for these records"
Yeah, I honestly can't believe we're just doing this again. It's just the same shit over and over again, but I guess that doesn't matter to anyone. I'm honestly just in awe at this point, if y'all really think returning to VMP and throwing money at them is the move nothing I can possibly say will stop you, clearly. I just don't understand how a company as shitty as this keeps getting your undying support time and time again. But by all means, send them the message you will definitely continue to buy their overhyped product no matter what they do and no matter what outrageous price they want you to pay, and keep justifying this train of thought:
Vinyl Me Please knew this was the right time to increase their prices for the add-on subs!
I knew the Rap & Hip-Hop ROTM was going to be something amazing, that's why VMP raised their prices like that!

This is going to get reissued by Modern Harmonic right? The cover looks awesome! I’ll pick up the black standard assuming that’s coming at some point. “It’s a Motherfucker, don’t ya know, they talking bout Nuclear War”.

I've just Tinaa'd this. I think the the VMP price will work out cheaper than the standard release when it gets out in Europe. I should really start a diet :)

Yeah, I honestly can't believe we're just doing this again. It's just the same shit over and over again, but I guess that doesn't matter to anyone. I'm honestly just in awe at this point, if y'all really think returning to VMP and throwing money at them is the move nothing I can possibly I say will stop you, clearly. I just don't understand how a company as shitty as this keeps getting your undying support time and time again. But by all means, send them the message you will definitely continue to buy their overhyped product no matter what they do and no matter what outrageous price they want you to pay, and keep justifying this train of thought:
I will say in defence of the people who continue to purchase from VMP in this thread it seems like it's the same people who rarely if ever criticise VMP continuing to support them and the same people who clearly have no intention of buying stuff from them coming in here to trash them for their shitty practices haha. As far as I can tell there is not a large crossover between these two groups (the subreddit seems to be very guilty of this however)

Yeah, I honestly can't believe we're just doing this again. It's just the same shit over and over again, but I guess that doesn't matter to anyone. I'm honestly just in awe at this point, if y'all really think returning to VMP and throwing money at them is the move nothing I can possibly say will stop you, clearly. I just don't understand how a company as shitty as this keeps getting your undying support time and time again. But by all means, send them the message you will definitely continue to buy their overhyped product no matter what they do and no matter what outrageous price they want you to pay, and keep justifying this train of thought:

I suppose when you’re getting it for free it’s not as much of a shitter when they raise the prices.

I just don't understand how a company as shitty as this keeps getting your undying support time and time again.
Because VMP release have exceptional ROTM picks this month! That is why a lot of people are still purchasing from VMP! The classics and Rap & Hip-Hop September ROTM’s are extraordinary!

I think Urban Outfitters is a shitty company, but when they dropped the Gwen Stefani Love.Angel.Music.Baby exclsuive, I just had to get it as I love that album, and think the UO exclusive looks great! I think it was an awesome exclusive and even though I’ve had a pretty negative experience with UO, I still got the Gwen Stefani exclusive!

I suppose when you’re getting it for free it’s not as much of a shitter when they raise the prices.

Ok, what is the story here? I always just pegged Nathan as a super fan. Blindly optimistic in general with some heavy favoritism towards VMP and an affinity for emoji’s. It was a bit annoying at first because I felt it was some sort of meme persona but it doesn’t bother me anymore, it’s endearingly comical most of the time actually, as he never intentionally attacks anybody. But @NathanRicaud,do you really get a free membership with the blokes at VMP for being an emoji master?

Back