Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Good they are donating some cash. As long as they follow through on that (show receipts) that's awesome.

I'm more interested in how they follow through on the rest of their statement. How will black artists be a part of their process? What will VMP do to address these inequities in the vinyl business / in the music industry? Will any of the people who purchase their products hold them accountable for their actions? Will anybody care about any of this in a month?

Man, I REALLY hope so. The last BLM disappeared overnight in everyplace other than some groups on college campuses. Hopefully our president wisens up but since we know that’s not really a trait of a narcissist than maybe his fascism will keep the conversation going longer than if we had a brain in the White House. Systemic is now a word that my 6 year old boys know, that’s important man.... talk to your kids about this, it’s probably the most important way to make sure we do care about this in another 30 days.

Last edited:
Some other charity is going to receive a box of five $25000 checks and the recipient will get an email from Paulie saying wow they made a big oops and things are busy right now but they are getting a copy of the greatest record stores book and store credit instead now. The recipient of the box of $25k checks will be given a chance to return them for a test pressing of Mr. Hands

@NathanRicaud will be given a lifetime membership to Classics for applauding the moves all around.

Some other charity is going to receive a box of five $25000 checks and the recipient will get an email from Paulie saying wow they made a big oops and things are busy right now but they are getting a copy of the greatest record stores book and store credit instead now. The recipient of the box of $25k checks will be given a chance to return them for a test pressing of Mr. Hands

@NathanRicaud will be given a lifetime membership to Classics for applauding the moves all around.

That's too generous. Itll more likely be a test pressing of Funkdafied

Does anyone know when VMP announce July, August and September Essentials? We were supposed to be done after the White Stripes but forgot to cancel and so we’re on the hook for 3 more months.
You can still email and should be able to cancel if you care to do so. There have been no announcements yet.

Well, I did email the VMP team last night telling them how proud I am of them, and how much I love them all and also how heartfelt I was, with their response and donations! ❤

But I did that because I love VMP so much and am honestly very proud of them as a company! 💯

Still waiting on that response on CS regarding the whole getting charged early thing. Made sure to cancel so I didn't get charged, so who wants to take a wild guess on how long it'll take for them to refund me the month I will now not be getting?

It could really just go without saying that racism and murdering unarmed people is wrong, but maybe they’ll put it in writing for you guys. I just automatically assume most people think that stuff is wrong and don’t need my inbox cluttered with every company’s official response .

It goes without saying and that's the problem. Also, I thought you were going to ignore this, but I see that you just kept fucking talking.

Is it a meaningless statement? No. Is it disingenuous? Probably. Is it still the right move? Definitely. Primarily, because they are sure to get backlash from privileged people that give more of a shit about themselves and records than acknowledging horrific injustices. It's a move that claims they are willing to risk backlash to speak up about what's right, even though an argument could be made that they were forced into a corner and had to say something. With the artists they benefit from, not speaking up would have said a lot. And still, I'm sure that they've gotten backlash, because that's how racist this shit is. People just want the minstrel show.

So here's how I'm going to lay this out. Fuck your inbox. And fuck whether or not you'd prefer that other people discuss issues that not only effect entire races of people, or even the world at large, but their own lives in very real and personal ways.

As a person who deals with racism in every facet of my life, you've clearly expressed how little my life matters to you. If you want to scoop up art by melanated artists, but don't give a shit about their struggles, then you just want them tapdancing for you. If you're buying hip hop records, you're fetishizing those struggles and experiences.

If you didn't want to hear about these issues in this thread and claimed you were just going to ignore it, then you could do that without announcing it. Plus, you didn't ignore it, you kept chiming in. So guess what I'd rather not hear? Your compulsion to make sure we see your eye rolls.

You are the reason that VMP hesitates to speak up. They have a customer base that's going to complain about them making that statement. Those people are RACIST.

These are politicsl albums. If you love listening to black artists discuss poverty, and dehumanization, being shot at, harrassed by law enforcement, murdered, and/or killing each other, but that's not political to you, then that's voyeurism and fetishism. That's like watching a lynching for entertainment.

Ignore it and don't engage. Once you start trying to silence and undermine voices, we have an issue.

Edit:

I see that you mentioned that your wife is black. Doesn't matter. My mom is a white Jewish lady and she's just starting to acknowledge and recognize that she doesn't get it. In fact, your comments are almost more fucked up, considering.

It goes without saying and that's the problem. Also, I thought you were going to ignore this, but I see that you just kept fucking talking.

Is it a meaningless statement? No. Is it disingenuous? Probably. Is it still the right move? Definitely. Primarily, because they are sure to get backlash from privileged people that give more of a shit about themselves and records than acknowledging horrific injustices. It's a move that claims they are willing to risk backlash to speak up about what's right, even though an argument could be made that they were forced into a corner and had to say something. With the artists they benefit from, not speaking up would have said a lot. And still, I'm sure that they've gotten backlash, because that's how racist this shit is. People just want the minstrel show.

So here's how I'm going to lay this out. Fuck your inbox. And fuck whether or not you'd prefer that other people discuss issues that not only effect entire races of people, or even the world at large, but their own lives in very real and personal ways.

As a person who deals with racism in every facet of my life, you've clearly expressed how little my life matters to you. If you want to scoop up art by melanated artists, but don't give a shit about their struggles, then you just want them tapdancing for you. If you're buying hip hop records, you're fetishizing those struggles and experiences.

If you didn't want to hear about these issues in this thread and claimed you were just going to ignore it, then you could do that without announcing it. Plus, you didn't ignore it, you kept chiming in. So guess what I'd rather not hear? Your compulsion to make sure we see your eye rolls.

You are the reason that VMP hesitates to speak up. They have a customer base that's going to complain about them making that statement. Those people are RACIST.

These are politicsl albums. If you love listening to black artists discuss poverty, and dehumanization, being shot at, harrassed by law enforcement, murdered, and/or killing each other, but that's not political to you, then that's voyeurism and fetishism. That's like watching a lynching for entertainment.

Ignore it and don't engage. Once you start trying to silence and undermine voices, we have an issue.

Edit:

I see that you mentioned that your wife is black. Doesn't matter. My mom is a white Jewish lady and she's just starting to acknowledge and recognize that she doesn't get it. In fact, your comments are almost more fucked up, considering.
It was fun talking about music with you guys . I clearly upset some folk, so I’m just gonna bounce You all stay safe and healthy. Maybe we’ll cross paths again somewhere.

It was fun talking about music with you guys . I clearly upset some folk, so I’m just gonna bounce You all stay safe and healthy. Maybe we’ll cross paths again somewhere.
No, don’t leave! It’s ok if you upset people, we’ve all done it before! We’re one big family in the end! 😊

I’ve made comments that have upset people. I’ve been really cocky and have said sexually inappropriate things in the past on here but I’m now on good terms with everyone! You weren’t even being as bad as I once was with your comments, you’re really just debating! 👨‍⚖️

it’s ok if there’s some disagreement! That’s normal! Also, I like how diverse we all are! That’s what makes this community unique and cool! 💯

Like I think Dead C put me on ignore for a bit earlier on this year! But we are really good friends now and enjoy a bit of a cheeky chat nowadays! 🙊

Stay on here and continue being yourself! I really like you’re company (love the fact you have/had two different VMP accounts rolling at once 🔥🔥🔥)!

Well, I did email the VMP team last night telling them how proud I am of them, and how much I love them all and also how heartfelt I was, with their response and donations! ❤

But I did that because I love VMP so much and am honestly very proud of them as a company! 💯
It's a good step. I'm glad they donated some cash too. It isn't nothing.

Now all of their customers need to hold them accountable to follow-thru and implement the changes in the company and themselves they said they were going to make.

Let's see how they address the inequities in the industry they have been complicit in.

These are political albums. If you love listening to black artists discuss poverty, and dehumanization, being shot at, harrassed by law enforcement, murdered, and/or killing each other, but that's not political to you, then that's voyeurism and fetishism. That's like watching a lynching for entertainment.

Everyone should hear what @Dead C is saying here. Look at yourself and look at the music you listen to and why. Look at what you are learning and gleaning from those hip hop albums, from those stax records... music can just be fun, music can just be about the beat or a good time, but we all have a responsibility to consider and understand where the art we listen to comes from and why.

Back