Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

There has also been a lot of issues, it seems, with anarchists and other groups infiltrating these protests and then burning and looting to push their own causes. They aren’t there to protest the atrocities of what’s happening to black Americans every day.

I can see that, but I think these are actually 2 different issues. First, VMP should stand up against racism and the way police has treated Floyd.
The question who predominantly is rioting now seems to be a different issue and topic. Even if most rioting people would belong to different groups, this wouldn't change the necessity for VMP to show support to the black community due to the police brutality.

There has also been a lot of issues, it seems, with anarchists and other groups infiltrating these protests and then burning and looting to push their own causes. They aren’t there to protest the atrocities of what’s happening to black Americans every day.
I see it first hand . My wife is black and she’s sick and needs medicine but the drug store ic closed because it was ransacked. Ransacking a drug store is not helping anybody . The protests start off peaceful but A lot of people are coming in to destroy stuff and be a part of something so they can go back where they came from with a cool story about being in the riots.

I have no aversion to them making a statement or donation, hell I hope they donate to helping rebuild the cities these looters are destroying . Especially since I live in the middle of one of them.
Even though I’m not in the U.S., I don’t think about the rebuilding the cities! That will all be taken care of and can be fixed. I’m thinking about the police brutality. Like, I want that to change! That’s what is heartbreaking!

I am happy there are demonstrations everywhere across the U.S., even if it means cities are getting a bit destroyed. The Police brutality in the U.S. is absolutely fucked up! I feel like this all is happening because things really need to change! There were more peaceful protests before, around 5 years ago, but it seems like the police brutality/police racism hasn’t changed. So there needs to be this anger by the public exhibited!

Last edited:
I see it first hand . My wife is black and she’s sick and needs medicine but the drug store ic closed because it was ransacked. Ransacking a drug store is not helping anybody . The protests start off peaceful but A lot of people are coming in to destroy stuff and be a part of something so they can go back where they came from with a cool story about being in the riots.
That is very unfortunate but this is what happens when there is police brutality! Your wife is having trouble accessing medicine because police are acting disgustingly towards the people they are supposed to serve!

It’s like the volcano has erupted and it’s getting out of control. But it’s the police’s behaviour in the end that has caused all this damage!

Even though I’m not in the U.S., I don’t think about the rebuilding the cities! That will all be taken care of and can be fixed. I’m thinking about the police brutality. Like, I want that to change! That’s what is heartbreaking!

I am happy there are demonstrations everywhere across the U.S., even if it means cities are getting a bit destroyed. The Police brutality in the U.S. is absolutely fucked up! I feel like this all is happening because things really need to change! There were more peaceful protests before, around 5 years ago, but it seems like the police brutality/police racism hasn’t changed. So there needs to be this anger by the public exhibited!

💯 %
When I've first heard about what happened, in the bright daylight and with someone even filming it, I couldn't believe things like that still happen in the US. This needs to stop and I hope that this will lead to some change.

That is very unfortunate but this is what happens when there is police brutality! Your wife is having trouble accessing medicine because police are acting disgustingly towards the people they are supposed to serve!

It’s like the volcano has erupted and it’s getting out of control. But it’s the police’s behaviour in the end that has caused all this damage!
It’s messed up on both sides, I’m friends with a few cops and they’re just trying to survive this .
I mean a white cop in the Midwest did a horrible racist thing now black cops here trying to keep law in their own communities are being pelted with rocks by white folks screaming black lives matter. The whole situation is out of hand.

It’s messed up on both sides, I’m friends with a few cops and they’re just trying to survive this .
I mean a white cop in the Midwest did a horrible racist thing now black cops here trying to keep law in their own communities are being pelted with rocks by white folks screaming black lives matter. The whole situation is out of hand.
Philly police dropped a bomb on their citizens 35 years ago and still haven't apologized.

Philly police dropped a bomb on their citizens 35 years ago and still haven't apologized.
I remember when it happened it was Wilson Good a black mayor that did it . One of my 1st concerts I went to was in support of Move. It was RATM before they were big and there was only about 25 people there .

💯 %
When I've first heard about what happened, in the bright daylight and with someone even filming it, I couldn't believe things like that still happen in the US. This needs to stop and I hope that this will lead to some change.
I grew up in the suburbs in a pretty multi-cultural, liberal town but all the racist kids in school ended up becoming cops. As abhorrent and infuriating all of this is, for anybody actually paying attention, it’s not shocking. I don’t know what it will take to change but having a certain President* in charge is only making it worse. All the racists feel more comfortable coming out of the shadows and think there won’t be consequences for their actions, until their faces are seen and then they flea like cockroaches and say “I’m not a racist!”

There needs to be an entire overhaul of the Justice department and police force across the whole US but that’s nearly impossible when the President* is a racist xenophobe and the head of the justice department is a crooked, evil racist who believes the President should be a king...

Is there something we, as a community, can do to help you out? I know we have Philly folks in here. Can we come up with a network to get medicine to you? Can the prescription be sent to another drug store outside the protest zone and can we get someone to pick it up and get it to you?

Philly friends - any other ideas?

Sesame Street has always been about social activism though. They have been promoting inclusion and social justice since it started.
No doubt, for sure. It's also a children's show featuring puppet monsters trying to learn the alphabet. I'm just saying that putting out even the most milquetoast of statements on social channels wouldn't exactly be a bold step for any business at this point.

Can't really toot your own horn in uncovering a lost album by a group that called themselves The Nat Turner Rebellion without putting a bit of that money where your mouth is, IMO.

It's not just that VMP profits off of black artists, it's that the art itself is revolutionary. Archie Shepp...Wells Fargo...Ayalew Mesfin...if you're going to amplify messages about thwarting oppression, you'd better be ready to take some hits if you don't actually help to thwart oppression.
As usual, @Indymisanthrope with one of the most thoughtful coments in the midst of a discussion. I'm 100% with you. If they care about revolutionary art, they should care about revolutionary actions themselves.

Is there something we, as a community, can do to help you out? I know we have Philly folks in here. Can we come up with a network to get medicine to you? Can the prescription be sent to another drug store outside the protest zone and can we get someone to pick it up and get it to you?

Philly friends - any other ideas?
Oh it’s all good we just went to another drug store, they’re not all burned down. I was just saying ransacking a drug store is really not helping anyone, or really making any kind of statement other than just being violent for violence sake.

It could really just go without saying that racism and murdering unarmed people is wrong, but maybe they’ll put it in writing for you guys. I just automatically assume most people think that stuff is wrong and don’t need my inbox cluttered with every company’s official response .

I think it’s pretty clear that most people don’t feel that way, given what’s been allowed to happen for decades (centuries). And certainly what’s been happening in the US for the last 4. And given who was elected president.

Oh it’s all good we just went to another drug store, they’re not all burned down. I was just saying ransacking a drug store is really not helping anyone, or really making any kind of statement other than just being violent for violence sake.
I'm of two minds about this. It depends on who ransacked it and why, IMO. If it was by outside agitators trying to provoke violence? Bad. If it was done because we're desensitized to protests until they become disruptive to the comfort zones of the privileged? More nuanced. Innocent people will suffer for it, and that's unfortunate, but also the very point. Innocent people suffer unjustly in our current conditions all the time -- why should you or I or any of us have the security of knowing that we won't be subjected to it?

Back