Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

JFC. This thread. I have no words.

I know, right?

Slightly off topic rant:
Here in Argentina we have a different system for retirement funds. It's certainly not better: a part of your salary goes to get government, and after 30 years of giving the money (and if you're over 65) you can retire.
Most of the cases, if somebody didn't make the payments for that, when they get old they receive some sort of government help that is literally 200 dollars.
Andi know some people that have to live with that money and... That's just not life. They are constantly on the verge o living on the street. And fuck, yeah, I would love to not pay the money for my retirement, but seeing what they live every month, I change my mind really fast

Last edited:
So what you’re saying is that the warp zone around chez @Mather has a pulse taking out the Vinyl Flat Death Star and all records in Toronto and @Mather, @juiceless and @BjorgenFjorgen have a litany of japes making endearingly shonky versions of everyone’s favourite classic albums?

I’d invest in that film!
As long as Steve Buscemi plays me I’ll sign off.

You know what actually, I’m going to cut spending money on vinyl completely! Like I’m gonna get rid of Amazon, and just get VMP exclusives I REALLY want! So I think I’ll only be getting like 3-4 records a month from VMP and won’t be purchasing vinyl outside of that! Because I know I’m gonna be getting that Herbie Hancock boxset! It’s a must for me!

I am really grateful for the free ROTM/subscription to VMP I get, but maybe I’m not grateful enough! I need to appreciate more of what I have! 📌

Yeah, life can have cruel twists! I’ve met people at work with a really dark past and stuff and that are in debt and I’m like 😶😧

I haven’t had any cruel twists in life but I don’t want to believe something bad can happen to me - like a really bad car accident or where I become physically/mentally disabled in some way...🥺🥺🥺

I just have to take out the $6,000 Murfocakes! I need too because I’ve spent so much and need to put that money into my savings for when I go to New Zealand, for a new Mac laptop I’m getting next week and for me moving out! *don’t kill me* 🙈

And I’ll be starting my super/retirement fund fresh from the start, which means I’ll be able to track how much I contribute to my super each year and can work towards a goal! 🗽🧗‍♂️
When I was your age I blew too much money on beer and cigarettes, I wish I spent it on records at least I’d have something to show for it other then an occasional smokers cough and a beer belly.

THEIR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!

I urge you all to pull your money out of this company and instead seek out black owned vinyl clubs and stores and pour your money into them.
It would be so nice keep politics out of this one tiny little record club sub? I know the world is burning I’m at home in my Philly row house “office” which doubles as my yo girls bedroom trying to concentrate on work while family members are dying from this corona disease and Police/ambulance/Fire truck sirens are blaring constantly while helicopters are flying around non stop. I just want to listen some cool swirly records to drown out some of this noice.

I don’t care what VMPs politics are , I assume they think killing unarmed citizens is bad I don’t need to read a statement from them, the looters here don’t care either they’re burning down the black owned businesses too. My barbershop and local rib joint were vandalized both black owned.

Out of interest, has anyone received shipping info for the items bought in the sale towards the end of April? I ordered a couple of cheapo records based on some recommendations from you guys (Jorge Ben - África Brasil & Loretta Lynn - Fist City) but have not had anything yet.

Out of interest, has anyone received shipping info for the items bought in the sale towards the end of April? I ordered a couple of cheapo records based on some recommendations from you guys (Jorge Ben - África Brasil & Loretta Lynn - Fist City) but have not had anything yet.
I bought and have received Jorge Ben from this sale

Yes, I have received the records I bought from that sale. Did you get your RotM or nothing at all?

Cheers buddy. In that case it might be that I ordered the Khruangbin - Mordechai (again, thanks to recommendations here) pre-order at the same time, maybe they will ship together.
I don't think that's it because I did the same thing. They are shipping me one piece at a time from my orders which is costing them a lot more money... I don't have a membership anymore so I have no idea how they are shipping at the moment but it is definitely not for efficiency

I don't think that's it because I did the same thing. They are shipping me one piece at a time from my orders which is costing them a lot more money... I don't have a membership anymore so I have no idea how they are shipping at the moment but it is definitely not for efficiency
Hmmm, ok time for an email then. Thanks for letting me know.

THEIR SILENCE IS DEAFENING!

I urge you all to pull your money out of this company and instead seek out black owned vinyl clubs and stores and pour your money into them.

I don't want to defend VMP and I agree they should've issued an official statement on this. I see Storf has retweeted some tweets on the topic, including this

"Everybody who didn't know is seeing America as it truly is right now. Can't provide resources for the pandemic but has all the resources at the ready to murder civilians in the street and teargas anyone who objects."

Andrew Winistorfer (@thestorfer) | Twitter

It would be so nice keep politics out of this one tiny little record club sub? I know the world is burning I’m at home in my Philly row house “office” which doubles as my yo girls bedroom trying to concentrate on work while family members are dying from this corona disease and Police/ambulance/Fire truck sirens are blaring constantly while helicopters are flying around non stop. I just want to listen some cool swirly records to drown out some of this noice.

I don’t care what VMPs politics are , I assume they think killing unarmed citizens is bad I don’t need to read a statement from them, the looters here don’t care either they’re burning down the black owned businesses too. My barbershop and local rib joint were vandalized both black owned.
Nope.

Politics is everywhere.

Everyone can feel free to ignore me if this is too uncomfortable for them.

But I will not be censored and I will not shut up about something this important. And I'm not one bit sorry about it.

I don't want to defend VMP and I agree they should've issued an official statement on this. I see Storf has retweeted some tweets on the topic, including this

"Everybody who didn't know is seeing America as it truly is right now. Can't provide resources for the pandemic but has all the resources at the ready to murder civilians in the street and teargas anyone who objects."

Andrew Winistorfer (@thestorfer) | Twitter
Wonderful.

Where's the company's response? They just gonna continue to earn money off of black people's work and product and not stand up for those same people?

Nope.

Politics is everywhere.

But I will not be censored and I will not shut up about something this important. And I'm not one bit sorry about it.
Yeah Youre right it’s easier to just ignore you. Have fun boycotting a record club that you don’t like anyway.

Nope.

Politics is everywhere.

I am on board with you Teeeee! I think it’s good to bring this issue up because it needs the attention! I am happy you are being uncensored!

Out of curiosity, you think VMP staying silent on the George Floyd situation is disgusting? Like, you think their silence is a very ugly look and shows their lack of empathy?

But yeah, I’m curious about your thoughts teeeee! I think it’s great a lot of people are making a statement right now because this police brutality incident and others similar incidents are just disgusting!

I am on board with you Teeeee! I think it’s good to bring this issue up because it needs the attention! I am happy you are being uncensored!

Out of curiosity, you think VMP staying silent on the George Floyd situation is disgusting? Like, you think their silence is a very ugly look and shows their lack of empathy?

But yeah, I’m curious about your thoughts teeeee! I think it’s great a lot of people are making a statement right now because this police brutality incident and others similar incidents are just disgusting!

Thanks Nathan. I hope you don't get even more slack for wading into this though.

I do think their silence is disgusting. I am not sure about the empathy. But I think it shows they are more worried about what Matt F. says about making money - if it doesn't, he doesn't want to do it. I would like them to prove me wrong and do something. They have thousands of members. They are an influencer in this industry. They need to speak up.

Every single person and entity needs to stand together against this. Silence = complacency.

How much profit has VMP made in part from black culture and black artists?

I'd imagine not an insignificant amount. Expecting a statement isn't some out there thing considering what's going on. I'll message them asking whether they're planning to release a statement and/or donation to related causes.

Back