Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Or Torres...for fuck sakes just start throwing crap In shipments...no one will buy those crap now....and the fact they threw in Joey Dosik in swaps is beyond rediculous

I am surprised that Jaye Bartell is not a swaption. That record has been in the sale section for 2 years. I would say he is the new Tabakin, but I do not wish to besmirch Jon.

I mean, it would be certainly be disappointing and it would certainly make sense for a customer to take their business elsewhere moving forward but if you get a full refund your hardly being fucked over. I am not excusing their poor customer service and logistics but sometimes that is how commerce works out. All things being equal I hope ya get you Otis LP and everything works out for you (it still may).

Well... as someone who just got a pair of emails from another company for a pair of products that I pre-ordered for my son months ago, only to be told they've just been canceled, because they are, somehow, "out of stock," I definitely feel fucked over. I could have ordered these items elsewhere, but can't anymore, because they don't exist anywhere. Look at what happened with Weyes Blood and consider how many people opted not to pick up other variants before those sold out, or maybe even couldn't afford to, because VMP had their money. Simply giving that money back like some kind of loan, doesn't always remedy the situation, especially when some members had to work fairly hard to actually get their refunds in recent months.

My first record was Fugees last was Loretta Lynn. Yes defects are always a concern but honestly I don't recall that being a big issue and when it it was it took approximately 1 email to have another on it's way. The fact that I'm even talking about VMP right now after being gone this long, shows how cool this company was at one time. Wonder if they ever get it back. I hope it happens one day, it was a joy.

LUCKY you. In 7 years of collecting and with, despite 18 months subbing, VMP being a minority of my collection I had multiple amounts more warps and faults from them than all other sources combined. It was almost embarrassing. I had one record that was actually warped twice in two different places. My view of the QC is that it’s their biggest weaknesss, BY A DISTANCE.

Last edited:
I am not excusing their poor customer service and logistics but sometimes that is how commerce works out.
I mean, I've never had another experience where I didn't get something I ordered and paid for AND couldn't get in touch with customer service for a week about it, while they are responding to other people within hours, so I'm not sure I agree with you there. There is literally no excuse for why they haven't responded yet.

Last edited:
Sooo.. no contact from CS at all during this until I have an email just now asking me how I rated my customer service experience 😄 Unfortunately just binary options to choose from in “good” or “bad”. I guess non-existent constitutes bad service.

Then I login to the membership section thinking, maybe they processed a manual swap for me? And they did! They removed the swap I’d made and are giving me Salt n Pepa again.. not one of my preferences but, hey, who am I to argue with such gross incompetence?

Well... as someone who just got a pair of emails from another company for a pair of products that I pre-ordered for my son months ago, only to be told they've just been canceled, because they are, somehow, "out of stock," I definitely feel fucked over. I could have ordered these items elsewhere, but can't anymore, because they don't exist anywhere. Look at what happened with Weyes Blood and consider how many people opted not to pick up other variants before those sold out, or maybe even couldn't afford to, because VMP had their money. Simply giving that money back like some kind of loan, doesn't always remedy the situation, especially when some members had to work fairly hard to actually get their refunds in recent months.
Yeah, that sucks, for you and your boy and for all those people who were unable to get Weyes Blood. I would be disappointed too if I was unable to acquire something I wanted. I have been disappointed when I haven’t been able to acquire something I wanted, People are gonna feel however they are gonna feel. I guess my reply was more nuanced than hyperbolic. To me being fucked over is paying for a good or service, not receiving said good or service and then not being refunded what was paid. I guess maybe what I call disappointed you call fucked over, maybe what I call fucked over you would describe as criminal or mega fucked. Regardless it sucks to be disappointed.

VMP has disappointed me on numerous occasions and the company does a poor job at selling and distributing their goods. Thankfully I have been down this road before and know what to expect. I understand that every time I order a record from them there is a possibility that it might not work out. I also know that when they fuck up they put forth more effort than a lot of company’s to make thing a bit better; like with Weyes Blood, didn’t they end up pressing more copies and sending those people that had to wait a signed print? They really fucked that up. Ideally that would not happen but a lot of operations would have just refunded the money and been done with it.

VMP shit show is what it is at this point. I understand the risk/reward that is attached to being their customer.

That being said, I can appreciate the need to vent when you’re pissed and there is no better place for that than an internet message board.

Last edited:
I mean, I've never had another experience where I didn't get something I ordered and paid for AND couldn't get in touch with customer service for a week about it, while they are responding to other people within hours, so I'm not sure I agree with you there. There is literally no excuse for why they haven't responded yet.
I have you had issues with them before? I probably email them regarding 1 out of every 3 orders due to receiving a damaged product, right now I am 2 weeks in and still waiting for a reply on my Rick Ross damaged jacket I have no clue why sometimes they reply back super fast and other times you end up waiting forever but they have always gotten back to me eventually I imagine they will eventually get back to me this time too. Obviously you have every right to be frustrated. This is basically on brand for VMP at this point unfortunately. Regardless, I hope you either get your albums or an email reply soon. No one deserves this much frustration and anxiety.

I have you had issues with them before? I probably email them regarding 1 out of every 3 orders due to receiving a damaged product, right now I am 2 weeks in and still waiting for a reply on my Rick Ross damaged jacket I have no clue why sometimes they reply back super fast and other times you end up waiting forever but they have always gotten back to me eventually I imagine they will eventually get back to me this time too. Obviously you have every right to be frustrated. This is basically on brand for VMP at this point unfortunately. Regardless, I hope you either get your albums or an email reply soon. No one deserves this much frustration and anxiety.
I have had issues and relatively reasonable responses. This is the first time I have not received a ROTM and the first time I have been completely ghosted. I mean, they worked my off menu swap ticket and ignored my hey, where the hell is the album I paid my subscription for ticket. I don't get it.

I have had issues and reasonable responses. This is the first time I have not received a ROTM and the first time I have been completely ghosted. I mean, they worked my off menu swap ticket and ignored my hey, where the hell is the album I paid my subscription for ticket. I don't get it.
Yeah, that sucks. Hopefully they will take care of you when/if they get back to you.

Here is a reminder to double check your swaps EVEN IF YOU HAD NO ISSUES INITIALLY!

My essentials swap to Ofege went through without a problem and has been locked since Tuesday, and I did not get one of those curated swap emails this week. This evening I thought I might check if anything had been added to swaps on another track, but when I logged in my account showed that I was slated to receive Stevie in Essentials! I was able to re-swap for Ofege.

Weird.

Here is a reminder to double check your swaps EVEN IF YOU HAD NO ISSUES INITIALLY!

My essentials swap to Ofege went through without a problem and has been locked since Tuesday, and I did not get one of those curated swap emails this week. This evening I thought I might check if anything had been added to swaps on another track, but when I logged in my account showed that I was slated to receive Stevie in Essentials! I was able to re-swap for Ofege.

Weird.
Crazy, mine did the same thing. Got my swap back for Stooges luckily.

Weird.

Sigh... had tlc locked in Monday. Was still TLC as of this afternoon. It is now stevie nicks. If memory serves they have had this issue before where you are still getting what you had selected but at this point, I have no idea what I am getting. Was really pumped about that TLC though.

The
Sigh... had tlc locked in Monday. Was still TLC as of this afternoon. It is now stevie nicks. If memory serves they have had this issue before where you are still getting what you had selected but at this point, I have no idea what I am getting. Was really pumped about that TLC though.
If I were you I wouldn’t go chasing waterfalls

Mine showed Ray Charles and now it's reverted back to Stevie ... Maybe I can contact them

Check your Orders page ... I think you're good as long as it still shows up there.

Back