Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Is there an influx of new members in here?

If so...

giphy.gif
giphygbjga.gif

Imagine how frustrating it would have been without everyone lol. If anything it got me to look up and find where Black Pumas was still available in deluxe splatter new for RRP.

The time dilation from VMP Support working out of what I can only assume is the surface of that wave planet from Interstellar is the only thing currently pausing my finger. As and when that broadcast reaches Earth and confirms there's no way they can get the records back to me because Matt Damon went wild in their server room - then I'll buy it.

My bad, but also anyone who writes “how are you going to make this right?” is a bit of a twat in my experience.
Are you new to VMP? This type of fiasco is a farily regular experience, so the ball is absolutely in their court to make the paying customer happy. Asking them to do so doesn’t make me a twat.

Are you new to VMP? This type of fiasco is a farily regular experience, so the ball is absolutely in their court to make the paying customer happy. Asking them to do so doesn’t make me a twat.
VMP promised a thing. I tried to purchase said thing. I could not purchase said thing due to website failing.

I am now the bad guy for wanting thing and being unable to purchase and being upset?

Pretty sure this was one of the Capitol fires masters that was lost.
Nah, check out that link I posted. Plangent is transferring from tapes and then cleaning the sound up with their software. Mentioned here too:

The master tapes for all 12 albums were transferred and restored using Jamie Howarth’s Plangent Process playback system, which removes machine noise and unwanted fluctuations from the original analog recordings. “The experience of it is more like you’re listening to Garner through the monitors in a professional studio, rather than listening to him off the tape copy,” said Peter Lockhart, senior producer of the project and vice president of Octave Music

Can't remember who posted that first in the Classics thread or I'd give them credit.

edit: thanks @hatfieldpdx!

It's because Plangent Process has a digital step.

HOWEVER.

I would take a Plangent Processed remaster over almost any original AAA source unless it was already impeccably mastered. Plangent is AWESOME.
If anyone is knocking the Plangent process, they haven't heard it. The high end Grateful Dead commercial releases are put through Plangent and it really does wonders to analog source material. The recent June 1976 box set (on CD or Hi-Res digital) will show you what it is capable of.

I see the swaps as a bit of a lottery they throw a couple rare ones in to generate some buzz, I doubt they're going to make anything right. But who knows when I swapped for Parliament and Desert Sessions last month they just took the swaps away and said sorry oversold. When I swapped for Bandana they gave me a 40 dollar credit (then Bandana showed up) you win some you lose some I guess.

If anyone is knocking the Plangent process, they haven't heard it. The high end Grateful Dead commercial releases are put through Plangent and it really does wonders to analog source material. The recent June 1976 box set (on CD or Hi-Res digital) will show you what it is capable of.

The Springsteen Plangent remasters made me sell all my originals

Been on and off for the past 3 years but like to think I keep up to date on their goings on.

Not claiming anyone is bad for being upset that they may have wasted time or they missed out on the item they wanted but upset enough to demand VMP set things right? Since the site went down is every member now entitled to a discount/refund/access to a limited product?

That is where my beef lies, folk demanding reparations for the site going down.

in another swap related note, that Woodstock box set came today
I was told by the Post Office mine was sent to a different zip code where books go. It ill be redirected to my zip code at some point, I don't understand what any of that meant but at least it's not lost I guess.

Back