Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Wow. I bought back in for the free month. I knew better. I really did, but free vinyl.
Stooges arrived with big seam splits. Multiple emails, nothing but canned replies. Never did get a reply.
Waiting for the drop today, because I had a feeling I'd want a swap. Sure enough, I did and there it is... Phrenology. Tried for almost an hour.
Emailed. More canned responses, plus they didn't even read the thing (I brought up my Stooges, no reply).
Finally able to swap, but Phrenology? GONE. Outkast? Gone.
Guess what else is gone at the end of 3 months?
I knew better.

p.s. They responded in seconds when I called them out on IG. Remains to be seen if they do anything.

Been on and off for the past 3 years but like to think I keep up to date on their goings on.

Not claiming anyone is bad for being upset that they may have wasted time or they missed out on the item they wanted but upset enough to demand VMP set things right? Since the site went down is every member now entitled to a discount/refund/access to a limited product?

That is where my beef lies, folk demanding reparations for the site going down.
right != give me free shit

right == make the damn website function so this doesn't happen again

"Y'know, I think I'm gonna hop back onto VMP for a bit. That 3-months-for-the-price-of-2 deal is looking enticing, so I can start my membership with Phrenology, swap May's record for something really cool that they'll surely have, and end my membership with White Stripes. And who knows, maybe if things are smoother this time around I might let my membership renew!"

Oh, yesterday me. What an innocent, naive little bastard you were. Couldn't confirm my Frances Quinlan swap at all, and all my backup choices disappeared within seconds. I'll be happy to get my Roots and White Stripes records (if that happens lol), but seeing how little VMP has changed is just confirming my decision to steer clear for the most part

"Y'know, I think I'm gonna hop back onto VMP for a bit. That 3-months-for-the-price-of-2 deal is looking enticing, so I can start my membership with Phrenology, swap May's record for something really cool that they'll surely have, and end my membership with White Stripes. And who knows, maybe if things are smoother this time around I might let my membership renew!"

Oh, yesterday me. What an innocent, naive little bastard you were. Couldn't confirm my Frances Quinlan swap at all, and all my backup choices disappeared within seconds. I'll be happy to get my Roots and White Stripes records (if that happens lol), but seeing how little VMP has changed is just confirming my decision to steer clear for the most part
Try customer service, they will usually manually swap out any record that is in stock,

Any chance they'll do it for a previous ROTM that's now more expensive in the store? I definitely wouldn't object to getting that Blackalicious ROTM
Really never hurts to ask, depending on who you get will usually swap for you as long as it's in stock and in the warehouse. They won't swap for preorders.

Been on and off for the past 3 years but like to think I keep up to date on their goings on.

Not claiming anyone is bad for being upset that they may have wasted time or they missed out on the item they wanted but upset enough to demand VMP set things right? Since the site went down is every member now entitled to a discount/refund/access to a limited product?

That is where my beef lies, folk demanding reparations for the site going down.
Every member? No. Every member who spent 60 minutes trying to swap, yet failing due to a glitch, then email CS to get a form letter response with “try again later” and “we cannot manually swap” (which is BS), only to have zero luck? Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Yup! All my posts are aimed at people expecting free shit for complaining about the website being down, sorry if that hasn’t been clear.
I was just gonna let this go, but I can’t. I’m not expecting ‘free shit”, but I do feel like many of us got screwed over by the old bait-and-switch, so SOME kind of compensation would be nice. But regardless of that, why do you care what I ask for? Why do you have to express your displeasure at those of us who feel jilted...again? You’re entitled to your opinion, that’s fine, but please refrain from lecturing us in the future. It doesn’t go over well.

Nah, check out that link I posted. Plangent is transferring from tapes and then cleaning the sound up with their software. Mentioned here too:

Can't remember who posted that first in the Classics thread or I'd give them credit.

edit: thanks @hatfieldpdx!
Okay so he apparently DID lose some of his master's in the UNIVERSAL fire, I said Capitol... that was wrong. But apparently MOST of his master's were actually kept by his manager and stored IN CLOSETS IN HER OFFICE. Which is hilariously old school and yes okay I guess that works.... worked in this case at least!

giphyikj5f.gif

Swap shops for Premier League football stickers were more reliable than this in the 90's!
Between that and the fact this is all about vinyl records it's looking more and more like modern technology was a mistake.

Granted this forum would function a lot slower via carrier pigeon 🐦 ...
...though probably still faster than the VMP customer support 🐌😴

How many Andy Cole’s do you want for shiny of the trophy from page 1?

Back