Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Give it a shot...I just emailed them about trying to swap to Shabaka:)

Trying the same, is email via the contact form on their website the best way?

Sucked as I spent 20 minutes trying to add the black pumas as a swap before giving up. Today morning all that's left I either already have or its just garbage.

As I haven't been a member in a while and back then there wasn't a necessity to push the "Confirm swap" button, i wonder regarding those who have been successful in logging in exclusive/ rare records they wanted:
1) do you after having chosen the record you want push the "confirm swap" button over and over again until finally it's confirmed
or
2) do you each time begin again from the start, by pushing swap, seeing the options, choosing the record you want and confirming the swap?

I wonder which method works better?

As I haven't been a member in a while and back then there wasn't a necessity to push the "Confirm swap" button, i wonder regarding those who have been successful in logging in exclusive/ rare records they wanted:
1) do you after having chosen the record you want push the "confirm swap" button over and over again until finally it's confirmed
or
2) do you each time begin again from the start, by pushing swap, seeing the options, choosing the record you want and confirming the swap?

I didn’t swap but I would personally do the 2nd option. I would go back into my account page, click swaps, and then choose the album again under the Swaptions and click confirm!

What did you end up swapping for??? Seems like you got The Isley Brothers & OutKast, yeah?

or

Hmm well for me it was a combination of the two? I selected Pang the minute it went up and then spent around 20 minutes just pushing the "Confirm Swap" button. Since it didn't work, I sort of accepted that I wouldn't get the record anyway. Then I went back to my profile, saw that the Swap didn't work and Stevie was still my May-record. I pushed swap again just out of curiosity to see wether Pang was still in there or not - I expected it to be gone at this point, especially after I read on the forum that the Black Pumas record was gone. To my surprise, it was still there and I tried again to confirm the swap for a solid 10 minutes and started all again from scratch maybe one more time. Then all of sudden, my swap was confirmed. I think it happened when I was once again pushing the Confirm swap button.

Then I chose the Classics-Add-On and tried to swap for Stevie Nicks, which didn't work for 15 minutes. So I don't know what the issue was, I had trouble confirming the Swap for both a rare Swap Exclusive as well as the new Essentials-record, which I assume they have plenty of.

I didn’t swap but I would personally do the 2nd option. I would go back into my account page, click swaps, and then choose the album again under the Swaptions and click confirm!

What did you end up swapping for??? Seems like you got The Isley Brothers & OutKast, yeah?

I changed classics to Outkast and that's still logged, so hopefully I get it and they didn't oversell. I've tried changing SnP to TLC, The Isley Brothers, and especially The Roots (trying both to push confirm swap for a longer time and by trying anew) , but none of that worked, I also tried changing the Stevie Nicks to them, but that didn't work too. Tried that for nearly 90 minutes. Then I've tried swapping Stevie to Da Brat and that suddenly worked. But then the others disappeared bit by bit.
So right now I'll be getting Outkast and Da Brat. I still have the SnP logged in. I've asked CS if they can change it to The Roots, let's see what they reply. For my first question to do so I got the standard response, but that was when traffic was still high. I check each hour if there are other titles popping up I want. If they refuse to change or don't respond in time, I try to change SnP to Stevie Nicks as I think the SnP will stick around for half a year or longer. If Stevie is also gone by then, I either take something else or stick with SnP. I don't think it's a bad record, I just assume it won't sell out anytime soon, so I would prefer getting something else sooner.
By the way with Outkast I also was successful using the 2nd method.

If you had to spend money on those specific albums though, would you? I'd keep all 3 if they were free as well.
Yeah, of course! I really like all three of those albums after I gave them all a dedicated listen!

I get my Essentials ROTM for free. I still pay for the two add-on subs! But that’s still very cheap overall as shipping is free! So in short, I only pay USD$46 for three ROTM’s shipped to Australia! 👍

Nice to meet you by the way Mudketeer! 🙋‍♂️☺️🐣

Been on and off for the past 3 years but like to think I keep up to date on their goings on.

Not claiming anyone is bad for being upset that they may have wasted time or they missed out on the item they wanted but upset enough to demand VMP set things right? Since the site went down is every member now entitled to a discount/refund/access to a limited product?

That is where my beef lies, folk demanding reparations for the site going down.
Just catching up on this post, so sorry if this has already been answered further on.

I personally see my fellow forumites reaction to this as less of a 'what discount/refund/access are you going to give me' over a plea for them to just fix their website. Not sure how long you have been using VMP but this issue of their website not being able to handle the number of people that use it has been going on for YEARS.

If they had a website that could handle their amount of traffic this wouldn't have been an issue, because if an item sold out before you had the chance to get it then straight away you could pick something else. I was personally in the position of not knowing if my swap went through and by the time I was able to access my account again (as the website crashed and made it appear that I wasn't a member) it turns out it didn't go through and that all the other options I would have liked to swap for had sold out.

I imagine they have had hundreds of emails asking for them to upgrade their website, yet it falls on deaf ears and time and time again the website being down is the excuse for when things go wrong.

I imagine they have had hundreds of emails asking for them to upgrade their website, yet it falls on deaf ears and time and time again the website being down is the excuse for when things go wrong.

I mean, I guess... but you can't honestly pretend like they've never tried to address that problem. First, they shut down their forum with minimal notice to silence dissent and then, when shit really went awry over the holidays, they effectively shut down all correspondence rather than answer why their customers products were all missing.

We ARE talking about the problem of people contacting them about issues, and not the issues they're having, correct?

But seriously, folks...

I honestly get fairly worn out on that whole narrative that swaps are a "bonus" they don't have to offer. Yes, they actually do have to offer them, because that is part of the fucking service listed that you're paying for. They've changed and botched and readjusted so much over the years that the swaps were a natural evolution that became necessary to compensate for other changes and retain customers. Without the swaps, it wouldn't be worth it for a lot of people to join or remain members. If that aspect is a major selling point for you and you're not receiving the benefit of it, then you have a right to be upset and speak up/out about it.

Believing that you shouldn't have to deliver on what you are charging people for is entitled. Treating them reaching out to you about it as being a nuisance you can dismiss after you have their money, is entitled. And, actually, criticizing other members who just dealt with more bullshit that should have been remedied years ago and never should have been issues to begin with, as unappreciative and overreacting, because the process is working out for you and the problems of other people -- problems you can scroll past, mind you -- are just whining and downers... that's kind of an entitled mentality, too.

In what way are they broken? Is it impossible at all to swap for you?
I have an additional problem as well, its still saying im not a member and that I need to sign up. I THINK I might of actually ended up swapping Stevie for TLC (either way im hoping to get the Stevie at some point) but I have no way of knowing because I can't see my membership details. Not too worried though as I still haven't got this months records so they have plenty of time to sort it going off that timescale.

I have an additional problem as well, its still saying im not a member and that I need to sign up. I THINK I might of actually ended up swapping Stevie for TLC (either way im hoping to get the Stevie at some point) but I have no way of knowing because I can't see my membership details. Not too worried though as I still haven't got this months records so they have plenty of time to sort it going off that timescale.

I also got logged out while trying to swap yesterday, but quickly was able to log in again.

Typical VMP. I didnt swap anything and I'm glad I didnt reading all of this. I'm pissed enough at still not knowing when I'm actually going to get my April records and going on weeks with no CS response.
The thing is their membership is too big at this point. And they have hype on social media, even from the artists themselves, guaranteeing new members to replace the ones who are leaving. I don't see them actually fixing these problems anytime soon until it hurts their wallets, and as you can see from that video with Matt Fiedler, their business has actually gone up during the pandemic...

Back