Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Actually I do on a lot of stuff. His taste in Soul, Jazz, R&B, and Country seems pretty similar to mine. I would go elsewhere for Rock though.

Oh I hope I didn’t come off as sounding sarcastic. He got me turned onto Colter Wall and I love about 90% of his Classics picks. When he calls something his album of the year, it’s definitely worth noting.

Actually I do on a lot of stuff. His taste in Soul, Jazz, R&B, and Country seems pretty similar to mine. I would go elsewhere for Rock though.
I just noticed / remembered they did a Texas Gents exclusive and write up a few years ago - seed was planted awhile ago for this one it looks like

Last edited:
Really hope the Los Amigos Invisibles exclusive hangs around for another two weeks as I’d really like to pick it up then! I’ve been splurging so much on vinyl I didn’t realise how much left I have in my bank account 🤪

Listened to the Los Amigos Invisibles “Arepa 3000” and it is such a fun listen! It’s very funky, old-school and nostalgic but still left field and quirky! I really dig it! 👌

Meanwhile. I placed an order for Norah Jones and two other records on 20th at 11:53 and received the shipping notice the same day at 19:15. The parcel is en route to DHL distribution center. I am not a member, I used the discount code and had free shipping. Don't ask me how it's possible.
Haven't been a member since 2018. Really liked the look of the VMP variant of Yves Tumor, so used the discount code & got free member shipping.
This probably makes it cheaper than ordering a non-VMP variant in Europe... 🥳 🥳

Haven't been a member since 2018. Really liked the look of the VMP variant of Yves Tumor, so used the discount code & got free member shipping.
This probably makes it cheaper than ordering a non-VMP variant in Europe... 🥳 🥳

I almost bought this one too but even with discount it comes to my local record store price so I'll go with them (I have bought gift cards to help them).

Last edited:
After a rather long pause and despite all the fuckery I'm going to sign up again for Stevie Nicks. I love this record, I don't own it yet and this black-blue galaxy pressing looks way too nice (hope it also sounds good...). Going to treat myself to a 3-month-subscription and already looking forward to browsing the store in upcoming months. I have to echo though the impression that, unlike in previous years, the VMP-exclusives have crumbled a little. They used to have the best exclusive variants of albums; nowadays the artist's store, Rough Trade or Secretly Store usually have better options which often leaves VMP with the worst variant. Hope they get better again in the upcoming months.

I wrote in on 4/13 to the help desk about a swap that defaulted to the original pick (that I never wanted) and got the automated response. Today, I got shipping notification that they sent the original pick (that I still don’t want) and no response from the help desk. So at least I’m getting notifications now, just not for what I ordered.

I remember enjoying this record quite a bit when it was released.
Happy to see it finally gets the vinyl treatment.

Christelle Bofale - Swim Team

Would it be too much to ask for them to do a Rising of an Americana/folk artist?

Right? i asked storf about this awhile back and he said there was one he had in mind he was trying to push A-B on, but apparently it never happened. My impression is he’s the only big Country/Americana guy there with the exception of the more indie-folk or singer/songwriter type artists (which I can mostly take or leave)

I absolutely love this Christelle Bofale VMP Rising pick! This is such an intimate, majestic, velvety, enchanting release and Bofale’s vocals are so warm and comforting! I love the steady, soft drums and the airy, intricate guitars in most of the songs. It creates a beautiful, murky, pillowy aesthetic that makes you feel like you’re having a really nice cup of tea at a beautiful lake! 👌

Also, I’m so happy this release is 45RPM too! Cannot wait for this to arrive and to spin in! The colour variant is so beautiful too! 💎

I absolutely love this Christelle Bofale VMP Rising pick! This is such an intimate, majestic, velvety, enchanting release and Bofale’s vocals are so warm and comforting! I love the steady, soft drums and the airy, intricate guitars in most of the songs. It creates a beautiful, murky, pillowy aesthetic that makes you feel like you’re having a really nice cup of tea at a beautiful lake! 👌

Also, I’m so happy this release is 45RPM too! Cannot wait for this to arrive and to spin in! The colour variant is so beautiful too! 💎
Don't forget that you wanted to save up for that herbie anthology 😉

Don't forget that you wanted to save up for that herbie anthology 😉
I’ve been very unsuccessful so far. I spent AUD$600 on records a few days ago 🤪 And I’ve only got AUD$20 left in my bank account and my next paycheck is on Wednesday 🙉

BUT.......

I just checked my superannuation and consolidated like 7 accounts into one and I found out that I’ve got AUD$15,000 in my super. And with this pandemic, you’re allowed to access your super and withdraw AUD$10,000 (maximum) out of your account! So I’ll be trying to organise that today on my work break! People at my warehouse have already done it! And it’s tax-free too! Meaning I’ll get the whole AUD$10,000 straight to my account! 🎉💃🕺🙌

So I’ll definitely will be able to afford this Herbie Hancock Anthology! I just hope it doesn’t go on sale anytime soon! Hopefully it goes on sale after mid-May! Otherwise I’m gonna have to borrow money from my bestie or use my parents credit card 🙈

I’ve been very unsuccessful so far. I spent AUD$600 on records a few days ago 🤪 And I’ve only got AUD$20 left in my bank account and my next paycheck is on Wednesday 🙉

BUT.......

I just checked my superannuation and consolidated like 7 accounts into one and I found out that I’ve got AUD$15,000 in my super. And with this pandemic, you’re allowed to access your super and withdraw AUD$10,000 (maximum) out of your account! So I’ll be trying to organise that today on my work break! People at my warehouse have already done it! And it’s tax-free too! Meaning I’ll get the whole AUD$10,000 straight to my account! 🎉💃🕺🙌

So I’ll definitely will be able to afford this Herbie Hancock Anthology! I just hope it doesn’t go on sale anytime soon! Hopefully it goes on sale after mid-May! Otherwise I’m gonna have to borrow money from my bestie or use my parents credit card 🙈
And just like that... @NathanRicaud is back in the buying vinyl game 😂😂😂

Back