Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

And just like that... @NathanRicaud is back in the buying vinyl game 😂😂😂
Yup, you know it! 🤙

I’ve been buying just so much audiophile releases! I recently purchased five Analogue Productions pressings at the VMP store! It’s not cheap but amazing value in my opinion for how great they sound! Also purchased the Bob Dylan “Blonde on Blonde” 3LP set which was AUD$175 - the most I’ve spent on a record! 💵

I’ve been ballin so hard on records but I’m loving it! 🤑

I thought to myself “I travelled so much when I was young and am so happy I did that and had all those experiences. So why not do the same with vinyl and experience MoFi and AP pressings, since they sound soooooo much better than other general pressings. I think I’ll love immersing myself to audiophile pressings of classic albums while I’m young”. 🐒😊

I’ve been very unsuccessful so far. I spent AUD$600 on records a few days ago 🤪 And I’ve only got AUD$20 left in my bank account and my next paycheck is on Wednesday 🙉

BUT.......

I just checked my superannuation and consolidated like 7 accounts into one and I found out that I’ve got AUD$15,000 in my super. And with this pandemic, you’re allowed to access your super and withdraw AUD$10,000 (maximum) out of your account! So I’ll be trying to organise that today on my work break! People at my warehouse have already done it! And it’s tax-free too! Meaning I’ll get the whole AUD$10,000 straight to my account! 🎉💃🕺🙌

So I’ll definitely will be able to afford this Herbie Hancock Anthology! I just hope it doesn’t go on sale anytime soon! Hopefully it goes on sale after mid-May! Otherwise I’m gonna have to borrow money from my bestie or use my parents credit card 🙈
Ummmm... isn't that a retirement account??? I mean I know you're young but my inner financial planner is cringing 🤪

Ummmm... isn't that a retirement account??? I mean I know you're young but my inner financial planner is cringing 🤪
Yeah, it’s a retirement account but YOLO! I want to live my best life while I’m young, not when I’m old. I don’t care if I don’t have anything when I’m 70 years old. I’ll be able to do less and won’t be as attractive too when I’m that age 🤷‍♂️

And who knows, maybe something crazy thing like this will happen in 30 years time and everyone will lose their retirement accounts!

And if I don’t have much money to survive when I’m 70 years old, the government can help me put food on the table and I’ll have all my lovely records to enjoy! That will be like the worse case scenario! So, I think it’s smart to take advantage and take out $10,000 from my superannuation account :)

Yeah, it’s a retirement account but YOLO! I want to live my best life while I’m young, not when I’m old. I don’t care if I don’t have anything when I’m 70 years old. I’ll be able to do less and won’t be as attractive too when I’m that age 🤷‍♂️

And who knows, maybe something crazy thing like this will happen in 30 years time and everyone will lose their retirement accounts!

And if I don’t have much money to survive when I’m 70 years old, the government can help me put food on the table and I’ll have all my lovely records to enjoy! That will be like the worse case scenario! So, I think it’s smart to take advantage and take out $10,000 from my superannuation account :)
Ha I love it! 25 year old me agrees with you. 50 year old me (and my financial planner wife)...not so much!

Shouldn’t invest right now anyways😂😂😂
Keep buying vinyl @NathanRicaud and then you can hopefully sell them later to recoup your losses😂
Losses??? What loss? Vinyl is so good for my mental health and spinning records brings so much happiness to my life! It’s helped me get through the gut cleanse/detox I’m on right now! 😂

Right! The only problem is my wife is threatening to take over my record rooms so that we can store barrels of that free oil!
Tell your wife to get lost! As if she doesn’t understand that records are so precious to you! They’re your everything! 💡♥️🧸

Wait a minute....you’re being sarcastic aren’t you!! 🤪🤪🙉

SMH. You know you need to pay back Superannuation, right?
Also, you're not planning on retiring until your 70? Freedom 45 is where it's at.

SMH. You know you need to pay back Superannuation, right?
Also, you're not planning on retiring until your 70? Freedom 45 is where it's at.
You don’t pay back superannuation! It’s something you earn with your pay check! 👍

I would love to retire at 45 years old, but would rather live a fun life when I’m up to like 40 years old! Also, I’ll definitely look much older when I’m 45 too 😖🥀

And I’ll try and find a job I love when I’m in my 30’s! I wouldn’t mind working at all when I’m 45 years old+! Just as long as I’m living such a great food life and am enjoying my records, and am working 3-4 days a week instead of 5 days a week! 😊

You don’t pay back superannuation! It’s something you earn with your pay check! 👍

I would love to retire at 45 years old, but would rather live a fun life when I’m up to like 40 years old! Also, I’ll definitely look much older when I’m 45 too 😖🥀

And I’ll try and find a job I love when I’m in my 30’s! I wouldn’t mind working at all when I’m 45 years old+! Just as long as I’m living such a great food life and am enjoying my records, and am working 3-4 days a week instead of 5 days a week! 😊
Never too young to think about retiring 🔥FIRE🔥 Financial Independence Retire Early

I understand Superannuation is a benefit, but if you don't pay it back you either receive less of a pension when you retire, or won't be eligible to retire until you're older. Taking $10k now @ 25 (I'm guessing on your age) and not repaying it, will result in ~$32k less @ 65. (Rule of 72 estimate, use a calculator if you want the exact amount.)

What's wrong with looking older at 45? You're suppose to. There are many things more attractive than physical looks. Tbh, a focus on physical looks is a very unattractive quality.

Oh, I won't retire at 45 - I love my job as a teacher - but I'll be glad to have my house paid off and be dept free in a couple years, so I can travel more, and help my kids pay for university. But it's your life Nathan, do what makes you happy.

I understand Superannuation is a benefit, but if you don't pay it back you either receive less of a pension when you retire, or won't be eligible to retire until you're older. Taking $10k now @ 25 (I'm guessing on your age) and not repaying it, will result in ~$32k less @ 65. (Rule of 72 estimate, use a calculator if you want the exact amount.)

What's wrong with looking older at 45? You're suppose to. There are many things more attractive than physical looks. Tbh, a focus on physical looks is a very unattractive quality.

Oh, I won't retire at 45 - I love my job as a teacher - but I'll be glad to have my house paid off and be dept free in a couple years, so I can travel more, and help my kids pay for university. But it's your life Nathan, do what makes you happy.

Wise words. First thing I was told in teaching college was ‘Never let anyone touch your pension’.

View attachment 42611

I was excited when I saw this exclusive... and then I realized I didn't have a shipping notice yet.
Check my account - not shipped.
Emailed in... no response 3 days later.
Looked at the exclusives on the Gents website... Why would I even consider this version?

Another day, another time VMP just shot themselves in the foot by being consistently inconsistent.

Has there been any word about the pressing/mastering details of the upcoming White Stripes- De Stijl release? Sounds like the 2010 reissue was AAA so I’m considering just grabbing that instead of signing up for another 3 months for the VMP release. They are advertising Bella Donna as AAA but no mention of that for De Stijl that I can see.

Last edited:
Back