Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Meanwhile. I placed an order for Norah Jones and two other records on 20th at 11:53 and received the shipping notice the same day at 19:15. The parcel is en route to DHL distribution center. I am not a member, I used the discount code and had free shipping. Don't ask me how it's possible.

they want your ass back asap

Meanwhile. I placed an order for Norah Jones and two other records on 20th at 11:53 and received the shipping notice the same day at 19:15. The parcel is en route to DHL distribution center. I am not a member, I used the discount code and had free shipping. Don't ask me how it's possible.
What were the two other records you purchased from the store?

View attachment 42569
Oh, oh I'm sorry I... I must have dropped something... Let me just... um, pick that up...
6b59d965cf890c7db40693f34feee324.jpg

So I noticed on my profile page that the ROTM announcement day changed some time yesterday from April 26 to 27.

Then I saw yesterday that someone on Twitter asked when was announce day, to which VMP said the 26th.

I replied asking which day is it really since it seems their site’s date changed right around the same time they sent that tweet.

They responded by liking my tweet and nothing else.

😑

Anyone know much about these 2 drops today?

Edit: Arepa 3000 sounds fun

I really enjoyed The Texas Gentlemen's last release and am considering grabbing this one with the code. They dabble in several different styles so they're tough to classify, but this description is pretty insightful:

"Pop on Floor It!!!, the new and second full-length effort from the Texas Gentlemen, and prepare your eardrums to be hit with everything from woozy, brass-fueled Dixieland-style jazz (“Veal Cutlass”), to slinky, chicken-scratch country funk (“Bare Maximum”) to lushly orchestrated pop-soul balladry (“Ain’t Nothin’ New”)—and that’s all in just the first 10 minutes of play time.

While the Gentlemen’s sound is clearly steeped in the classic roots, rock and pop music of the ‘60s and ‘70s, there’s a dreamy (the lilting “Sing Me to Sleep”), spacey (“Skyway Streetcar”) and occasionally progressive (“Dark at the End of the Tunnel”) element to what they do that seems to detach the music from belonging to any particular place and time. Add in elements of funk, soul, country, r&b, southern rock, gospel and essentially any other style that catches their musically omnivorous ears; an expansive and detailed approach to arrangement that sees the songs adorned with all manner of horns, strings and heavenly background vocals (“Hard Road”) and you have a collection of tunes that is more than just a mere album. Rather, Floor It!!! is a rich and righteous ride."

I really enjoyed The Texas Gentlemen's last release and am considering grabbing this one with the code. They dabble in several different styles so they're tough to classify, but this description is pretty insightful:

"Pop on Floor It!!!, the new and second full-length effort from the Texas Gentlemen, and prepare your eardrums to be hit with everything from woozy, brass-fueled Dixieland-style jazz (“Veal Cutlass”), to slinky, chicken-scratch country funk (“Bare Maximum”) to lushly orchestrated pop-soul balladry (“Ain’t Nothin’ New”)—and that’s all in just the first 10 minutes of play time.

While the Gentlemen’s sound is clearly steeped in the classic roots, rock and pop music of the ‘60s and ‘70s, there’s a dreamy (the lilting “Sing Me to Sleep”), spacey (“Skyway Streetcar”) and occasionally progressive (“Dark at the End of the Tunnel”) element to what they do that seems to detach the music from belonging to any particular place and time. Add in elements of funk, soul, country, r&b, southern rock, gospel and essentially any other style that catches their musically omnivorous ears; an expansive and detailed approach to arrangement that sees the songs adorned with all manner of horns, strings and heavenly background vocals (“Hard Road”) and you have a collection of tunes that is more than just a mere album. Rather, Floor It!!! is a rich and righteous ride."

If you trust Storf's taste in music, he also said on Twitter this is his current favorite album of the year.

I've never heard of them before. But listening to the one track from the new album and a couple from their first release, they actually remind me of an Abbey Roadesque Beatles' sound.

Back