Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

But this comes on the heals of VMP offering AP titles (parent company is Acoustic Sounds) in their own webstore.

From Acoustic Sounds' perspective, I think it's a healthy additive revenue stream for them, and it diversifies their offerings. If they think they can A) reduce cost, B) scale, and C) minimize the issues caused by inexperience on VMP's side; it's a no brainier for them. Classics sub fits their current portfolio, is made at their in-house pressing plant, and the rest diversifies their offerings.

From VMP's stance, there's almost definitely been at least one key stakeholder shopping his/her shares around. I wouldn't be surprised if some are ready to cash out. And there's certainly interest - the subscription model makes sense for an industry like this.
I think your imagination is running a little wild haha. I agree with @doncornelius . AS would probably be down to buy all the VMP back stock if they go out of business but don’t see them acquiring the entire company. AP is selling their stuff on VMP because it’s another avenue for them to get new buyers of their stuff and drives buyers to the Acoustic Sounds store. Meanwhile VMP is probably selling those records to AS for quite a discount since outside of Al Green, they are mostly the records VMP said will never go out of stock on their site.

I just don’t see why AP would want in on something that would take so much work to turn around and make into a good subsidiary.

I think your imagination is running a little wild haha. I agree with @doncornelius . AS would probably be down to buy all the VMP back stock if they go out of business but don’t see them acquiring the entire company. AP is selling their stuff on VMP because it’s another avenue for them to get new buyers of their stuff and drives buyers to the Acoustic Sounds store. Meanwhile VMP is probably selling those records to AS for quite a discount since outside of Al Green, they are mostly the records VMP said will never go out of stock on their site.

I just don’t see why AP would want in on something that would take so much work to turn around and make into a good subsidiary.
Time will tell, I guess. It just wouldn't surprise me.

Especially after what I've heard regarding AP's competitor kicking the tires on a subscription service.

Time will tell, I guess. It just wouldn't surprise me.

Especially after what I've heard regarding AP's competitor kicking the tires on a subscription service.
I just think AP would be better off starting their own subscription...I don’t think they would want to hire the people curating Patrice Rushen as a classic album or the people who can’t even keep proper inventory. It makes sense if the skeleton of VMP was stable but the whole company is a giant mess right now. You’d be buying the customer base but even then, most might be gone after 3 months anyway. You’d be buying up a lot of debt most likely just for a temporary customer base.

That bespoke box was *chefs kiss*. Got quite a few great records in it...Even though they fucked everyone over with not giving referral credits. I had well over $800 of referral credits from people signing up with my link and they refused to give them to me.
Grrrrrr. That is beyond frustrating! Especially given the sheer amount of credits you had.

Grrrrrr. That is beyond frustrating! Especially given the sheer amount of credits you had.
I was nowhere near what other people had too. Their customer service said that there was a rule against posting the referral link on a forum but there was nothing about that in their terms and conditions and then they went back and changed their terms after the fact...it was very frustrating and no amount of emails back and forth got them to budge at all.

Has anyone received a shipping notification for Little Beaver or Horace Tapscott?

I recall they were expected to ship in March...but weren't included with my Caribou - Suddenly...which might be a "clue".
I did for my copyof party down from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow. Was cheaper than VMP too haha.

I did for my copyof party down from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow. Was cheaper than VMP too haha.
For Tapscott? The VMP was quite a bit more limited (I think 300 vs 1000?) but yea I ordered the VMP before I knew there was a diff variant that was cheaper. Little Beaver is getting a different release as well.

For Tapscott? The VMP was quite a bit more limited (I think 300 vs 1000?) but yea I ordered the VMP before I knew there was a diff variant that was cheaper. Little Beaver is getting a different release as well.
Sorry edited after your reply, realized I didn't name the record. I believe the VMP version of Little Beaver was more limited though. 750 vs 1000 I think.

Has anyone received a shipping notification for Little Beaver or Horace Tapscott?

I recall they were expected to ship in March...but weren't included with my Caribou - Suddenly...which might be a "clue".
I got a shipping notice for little Beaver on Tuesday, looking forward to spinning that one.

Huh, got shipping notification on Irma Thomas but not Blackalicious. That's a little odd.

I was nowhere near what other people had too. Their customer service said that there was a rule against posting the referral link on a forum but there was nothing about that in their terms and conditions and then they went back and changed their terms after the fact...it was very frustrating and no amount of emails back and forth got them to budge at all.

If it makes you feel any better I posted my referral link all over hoping to score some sweet, sweet credits... and then no one signed up using my link. So I never even got a chance to have BP deny me any credits in the first place. :(

Huh, got shipping notification on Irma Thomas but not Blackalicious. That's a little odd.

If it makes you feel any better I posted my referral link all over hoping to score some sweet, sweet credits... and then no one signed up using my link. So I never even got a chance to have BP deny me any credits in the first place. :(
Received a notice for Bandana but not Blazing Arrow.
Maybe there’s a hold up?

I haven't gotten shipping notices for any of my albums yet...had Bandana, Grace and Irma on order from swaps...and Horace from an older order, plus still waiting on David Gray...forget when Denzel was supposed to drop too...

I'm not too worried yet. Honestly wasn't expecting anything shipped at this point as it seems my name is always at the bottom of the fulfillment list and on most months I don't get any notification at all until after the 12th.

Just thought it was a little strange that they're still breaking up shipments, especially for ROTM orders. I was thinking maybe it had something to do with Irma being a limited swaption only choice and they're making sure those get fulfilled properly before mass shipping other stuff.

I'm not too worried yet. Honestly wasn't expecting anything shipped at this point as it seems my name is always at the bottom of the fulfillment list and on most months I don't get any notification at all until after the 12th.

Just thought it was a little strange that they're still breaking up shipments, especially for ROTM orders.
Nothing shipping-wise surprises me anymore. My buddy who is a much newer subscriber than me has consistently been receiving his records before I even get my tracking info. I'm not super worried either but just hoping I get those records. I wasn't going to continue my membership until those popped up in store.

David Gray is delayed till April. Poop. At least I got it for 25% off.

Hey there,

We’re reaching out to let you know that your copy of David Gray is currently under a delay and will now ship in April instead of March.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your understanding!

The VMP Team

Hey there,

We’re reaching out to let you know that your copy of David Gray is currently under a delay and will now ship in April instead of March.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

The VMP Team
Just got the same email. I also got it for 25% off with Labi Siffre (which I have already received).

Hey there,

The VMP Team
Boooooooooo! Delayed titles should be sent once received...

Back