Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

If I had $40 for each time I lost an order due to VMP's inventory mis-management...

Throwing money at your problems can potentially be a good strategy, but only if you are also fixing the root cause in the process...which could be happening behind the scenes, but I doubt it. They have had years to improve on inventory management, have told us they are "working on it", yet have somehow only managed to get worse in this regard.

Throwing money at customers so they won't take their business elsewhere reeks of desperation (and certainly isn't a sustainable strategy), but maybe that's just where they're at.

Last edited:
Just checked my account as well, and have a $40 credit for “Grace.” I purchased the Newbury variant, and had no issues with it if anyone is still looking for a copy of it.

Not me but saw someone on Reddit say they got a shipping notice for Bandana.
oXbIJkb.jpg

I did. But that email made it sound like it shouldn’t have been there at all.
But I see no credits when I go to check out.
Hmm...

Tracking shows it’s still in pre shipment, so there’s time for disappointment to rear it’s ugly head.

I got the same email, not sure if it was bandana, grace or both...

anybody know if store credit can be applied to membership these days?

I don’t think it happens automatically, or at least it didn’t a few months ago. But I emailed CS before my annual renewal came up and was able to have them offset my credits against it.

Getting my shipment today. Just Caribou- Swim.
Never got a shipping notice for the new Caribou yet but that’s probably because I ordered it with Soccer Mommy and The Shins.

glad I skipped on Caroline Rose. I think it’s step back from how fun LONER was. Not really into it at all. Seems to strip her of a lot of her personality.

not to mention there are a bunch of records coming out this month that are far more deserving of the Essentials tag. U.S. Girls, Soccer Mommy, and later Waxahatchee and Porridge Radio. The later 2 have significant album of the year momentum to these ears.

oXbIJkb.jpg

I did. But that email made it sound like it shouldn’t have been there at all.
But I see no credits when I go to check out.
Hmm...

Tracking shows it’s still in pre shipment, so there’s time for disappointment to rear it’s ugly head.
Lucky...I just have an oversold email with $80 in credits and nothing I want to buy in store and no idea what I’m not getting. Also no shipment info at all on anything I’ve purchased and a delayed David Gray album. Cooool.

If I had $40 for each time I lost an order due to VMP's inventory mis-management...

Throwing money at your problems can potentially be a good strategy, but only if you are also fixing the root cause in the process...which could be happening behind the scenes, but I doubt it. They have had years to improve on inventory management, have told us they are "working on it", yet have somehow only managed to get worse in this regard.

Throwing money at customers so they won't take their business elsewhere reeks of desperation (and certainly isn't a sustainable response), but maybe that's where they're at.
The thing is $40 in credits to them is like $10 they are losing out in. They still took almost $50 of my money on those two swaps after tax and didn’t give me any records.

The thing is $40 in credits to them is like $10 they are losing out in. They still took almost $50 of my money on those two swaps after tax and didn’t give me any records.
$40 credit is still more expensive to them than a $23 refund. I am sure they would be glad to give you a refund instead if you contacted them. In fact, I think they legally have to.

So, I resubscribed in January for Bitte Orca with a 3 month subscription but untill they do the next Fiona I think I'm going to cancel. I am interested in Caroline Rose, now that I have heard it but I figure that it will probably stick around for awhile.

$40 credit is still more expensive to them than a $23 refund. I am sure they would be glad to give you a refund instead if you contacted them. In fact, I think they legally have to.
It’s not more expensive to them. Because their records are $40 in the store. I can get 1 former ROTM from them which cost them less than $10 to make. And they still keep my $25. Store credit is nothing to them. They absolutely are not losing money in this scenario and instead are using our money to falsely sell things they don’t even have in stock. I emailed asking for a refund but no answer yet...

It’s not more expensive to them. Because their records are $40 in the store. I can get 1 former ROTM from them which cost them less than $10 to make. And they still keep my $25. Store credit is nothing to them. They absolutely are not losing money in this scenario and instead are using our money to falsely sell things they don’t even have in stock. I emailed asking for a refund but no answer yet...

I thought you received $80 in credits? You could argue that it's a wash, but they are effectively handing you $80 in credits for $50. In other words, you could now buy three records instead of two...so they are losing something in the exchange. I fully get that you may not want the credits, but it's more spending power than you originally offered up.

Last edited:
I thought you received $80 in credits? You could argue that it's a wash, but they are effectively handing you $80 in credits for $50. In other words, you could now buy three records instead of three...so they are losing something in the exchange. I fully get that you may not want the credits, but it's more spending power than you originally offered up.
I’m saying in general, $40 is nothing to them. And $80 in credits is nothing for me because there’s nothing left in the store I want. I went to cancel last month and only stayed for swaps after seeing Bandana, Grace and Irma. Hoping they give me my money back and let me cancel.

I’m saying in general, $40 is nothing to them. And $80 in credits is nothing for me because there’s nothing left in the store I want. I went to cancel last month and only stayed for swaps after seeing Bandana, Grace and Irma. Hoping they give me my money back and let me cancel.
So you're saying there will never be anything ever you want in the store for the rest of time?

Back