Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

Alright quick poll: Everyone in here under the of 40- have you ever checked with the BBB before doing business with a company?
Not under 40, have never cared about BBB ratings. Plus, they seem sketchy to me.

Wikipedia:
In 2010 ABC's 20/20 reported in a segment titled "The Best Ratings Money Can Buy" about the irregularities in BBB ratings.[22] They reported that a man created two dummy companies which received A+ ratings as soon as he had paid the membership fee. They also reported that business owners were told that the only way to improve their rating was by paying the fee. In one case a C was turned to an A immediately after a payment and in another case a C‑minus became an A+. The chef Wolfgang Puck said that some of his businesses receive F's because he refuses to pay a fee. Ritz Carlton, which does not belong either, also receives Fs for not responding to its complaints.[21]

Not under 40, have never cared about BBB ratings. Plus, they seem sketchy to me.

Wikipedia:

Oh they definitely are! I worked for a company once who was contacted by the BBB about a complaint. I read it and said to the BBB rep, “you do realize that the complaint includes a racist epithet which is now available on your website for all to see, don’t you?” I got a lot of “umms,” And “uhhs” Back so I finally said, “yah I think we’re done here.”

Alright quick poll: Everyone in here under the of 40- have you ever checked with the BBB before doing business with a company?

Over 40 and never checked it prior, though I've occasionally looked after the fact to see if anyone else had similar issues. If it turns out a company is worth a complaint, then I proceed to the relevant state Attorney General offices.

“Home” has been my go to jam all of 2020 thus far. 👌

I'm excited to see Caribou at Coachella this year

Preordered the LP immediately when it was announced (from Merge). Both singles - Home and You & I - are stellar.

edit: it was rough trade i pre-ordered from, not merge. the merge pre-order is the destroyer LP. :p

Last edited:
Friday is fairly weak for me but there are quite a few acts on Saturday and Sunday that I want to see.
There’s literally not one single act I’d want to see Friday. Saturday and Sunday have some fun bands on the undercard but looking at this lineup makes me realize my musical taste will never line up with Coachella’s again, and that’s ok!

Last edited:
Hmmm, a record-shaped box arrived at work today. My Beck/Mobb Deep shipment is still en route so I finally have been blessed with a mystery box!

Did VMP send out the mass email today as they said they would?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they send it right at the end of the day and fuck off for the weekend.

One time. It was a plumber or contractor or something. I didn't go to the BBB site to seek them out though. I googled them and the BBB came up because that was really the only source info on them. Two bad reviews was enough to move on to the next company on my list to google.

Back