Vinyl Me Please (store, exclusives, swaps, etc)

I just assumed everyone had left VMP, like myself, and had given up on 'When the Pawn...'

I refused to stay attached to VMP for just that record, considering the nosedive that the service overall has taken. My month-to-month is gone, and that's ok, freedom is better!
Didn't Idler Wheel prove that being a member didn't matter anyway?

So for those of you that were told that Run DMC was out of replacements, Tyler just put in an order for my replacement copy. Might be worth opening another ticket just to try your luck. I won't hold my breath that one actually comes through and I have it in my hands, but this just goes to show you that stock numbers are meaningless.

So for those of you that were told that Run DMC was out of replacements, Tyler just put in an order for my replacement copy. Might be worth opening another ticket just to try your luck. I won't hold my breath that one actually comes through and I have it in my hands, but this just goes to show you that stock numbers are meaningless.
I suspected as much. I'm sure they have Aretha replacements too. But they just straight up lie about the numbers.

Last edited:
@Mather just to update you on my query about the QOTSA and Etta Jones replacements, I just got tracking for QOTSA.....just not Etta. So theres that at least :rolleyes:

That's just shady as fuck. So they willingly cancelled the shit they knew they couldn't deliver, but refused to do so for stuff they had in stock but were incapable of shipping due to their system fuck up? Glad you started the paypal dispute. Hopefully they side with you and you get your funds back, too.

This type of behavior should be reported to the BBB, honestly.

A) might be a while B) you probably don't need to be a member to grab it when it does drop.

Alright quick poll: Everyone in here under the of 40- have you ever checked with the BBB before doing business with a company?

I received my Swing Lo Magellan today in Philadelphia.

Not that it's a big deal but it's interesting to note a misprint on the Swing Lo Magellan: the hype sticker and foil stamp list this erroneously as "Vinyl Me, Please Essentials" and not "Vinyl Me, Please Exclusive Pressing".

I've started the initial listing on Discogs here: Dirty Projectors - Swing Lo Magellan

So what? You’ll be leaving after you purchase the VMP exclusive for When The Pawn....?!?!

Do you not like VMP much anymore? 😶
Love the product, when it’s on point, but dislike how they handle every incident.
Dislike the lack of communication and the seemingly favoritism of newer members, but even with that said, I’ll stick around until I’m shat on to a degree which I find intolerable.

As lame as this sounds it’s something to look forward to.
Just wish it was still run by people who cared.

I mean, I’m still giving them money,
as I grabbed the Caribou - Suddenly exclusive last night.
“Home” has been my go to jam all of 2020 thus far. 👌

Back